IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

11 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It means someone stinky is following you.

/me amps up the deodorant & apologizes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

/me amps up the deodorant & apologizes

No need for that. You are my plausible deniability.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, when the title of the thread asks you to list "some" of your pet peeves and your list is longer than what used to be known as a phone book (do those still exist?), it kind of speaks loudly of other issues.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

No need for that. You are my plausible deniability.

I love being useful.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

that ONE (or two) furry that always hangs out in a place filled by humans.

I'm just ornery enough that if I knew what places you are talking about, I'd totally show up as a furry.

people who tell you "read my profile first" when you try to get to know them only to find out there is NOTHING in their profile that actually really tells you about who they are and its often filled with TONS OF quotes by other people and when you point that out they get super mad at you.

The things people choose to quote in their profile will actually tell you quite a bit about them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Interesting thread, hah.

Honestly I only have two pet peeves at this point:

People who TP into an event or store and just...stand there.  Take a step or two why don't cha'?  The day that script thing that moves people off of the TP area was created was a damn great day.

IM's the second you log in.  I appreciate my acquaintances but can I have a second to go to the virtual bathroom and check my virtual mail before getting pounced?  Lordy.

Edited by Ellen Cordeaux
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

Interesting thread, hah.

Honestly I only have two pet peeves at this point:

People who TP into an event or store and just...stand there.  Take a step or two why don't cha'?  

Because events are laggy and person can be not able to move or even fast log off😂😂

16 minutes ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

IM's the second you log in.  I appreciate my acquaintances but can I have a second to go to the virtual bathroom and check my virtual mail before getting pounced?  Lordy.

You can just delete this kind of friends and tell anyone who will want to add you just never im after seconds you logged on:)

biggest issue i have often is with people.after being on sl for a good while overall.

- hate it when.............

• people you add who are never on
  • people you add who are always busy or always afk.
  • people you add who end up just removing you as soon as you log or the next day without telling you.
  • people who always hide their online status in your freinds list so you never know when the f-ck they are on.
  • when you tp someone to visit you and they immidently go afk for a very long time.
  • when you are in a conversation with someone that keeps going back and forth between afk and chatting
  • people who take FOR-EV-VER to respond to every single conversation.
  • people who mute you over ONE misunderstanding and/or LOG OFF so you cant try to work it out.
  • overly opinionated people (often "submissives") who stick their unwanted opinions in every chance they chance to try to undermind you.
  • people who say "we are better off friends" when you JUST met them and havent even had a real chance to get to know each other.
  • people who say one thing is fine (often sexually) and give into that thing and then the next day act like they shoudnt and want to run (even though you never forced them to)
  • newbies who apparently are able to download second life, create an account, login even sometimes create a basic look for themselves but cannot understand the simplest tasks even when you try to walk it through step by step.
  • older women who run the second a guy says hes a bit younger without even giving him a CHANCE just because of his age.
  • older women who are in their 40s 50s and older who type and act like they are 20
  • that ONE (or two) furry that always hangs out in a place filled by humans.
  • women at franks place who are always afk.
  • people who tell you "read my profile first" when you try to get to know them only to find out there is NOTHING in their profile that actually really tells you about who they are and its often filled with TONS OF quotes by other people and when you point that out they get super mad at you.

And here is an almost 60 year old woman with a lifetime partner who is 9 months younger in RL, blocking you inworld.

People like you, that think they can control every thing others do, have no place in my life. Go suck the fun out of someone else's existence. You can't have mine.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

People who TP into an event or store and just...stand there.  Take a step or two why don't cha'? 

As Windy says, the lag is some of the reason for this.  When I TP anywhere, I come in fly mode and immediately hit my Page Up button to clear the landing area.  Some places are so laggy that it truly takes a good 20-30 seconds before I will move the slightest bit.

However, I totally agree with you about the ones that don't bother to move for what seems like a lifetime.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As Windy says, the lag is some of the reason for this.  When I TP anywhere, I come in fly mode and immediately hit my Page Up button to clear the landing area.  Some places are so laggy that it truly takes a good 20-30 seconds before I will move the slightest bit.

However, I totally agree with you about the ones that don't bother to move for what seems like a lifetime.  

I just tend to cam around, grab what I need and then go. Which usually takes me 10 - 15 minutes.

14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

And here is an almost 60 year old woman with a lifetime partner who is 9 months younger in RL, blocking you inworld.

People like you, that think they can control every thing others do, have no place in my life. Go suck the fun out of someone else's existence. You can't have mine.

Thats harsh, for all you know he is a witty raconteur, a good conversationalist and empathic individual who just happens to have only met crappy people. Now I grant you the odds are long but then even a million to one chance comes off occasionally

• Haha 1

a couple of mine:

1) people who don't bother reading profiles

2) people who automatically assume they are the centre of universe

4) drama queens in store groups - hence why i keep group chat closed most of the time

5) wish lists 

6) people who try to tell me how to run my page

13 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Thats harsh, for all you know he is a witty raconteur, a good conversationalist and empathic individual who just happens to have only met crappy people. Now I grant you the odds are long but then even a million to one chance comes off occasionally

How about googolplex to one, which is what this one is?

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

How about googolplex to one, which is what this one is?

probably longer odds than that, I would be the first to admit I can be obstreperous and opinionated, brusqe even however I dont suffer from half of what this individual seems to

9 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

His loss, not mine. I have zero tolerance for ageism and elitism. Don't like it? Too effing bad. I'm not killing off my inner child just to make some young dimwit happy.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Jeny Howlett said:

4) drama queens in store groups - hence why i keep group chat closed most of the time

People who complain about mesh heads price or vip groups fee are best drama queens😂

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

His loss, not mine. I have zero tolerance for ageism and elitism. Don't like it? Too effing bad. I'm not killing off my inner child just to make some young dimwit happy.

Hear, hear!  I have a few years on you and my inner child (or at least 30-year-old) is alive and well.  Ain't nobody gonna tell me to act my age.  I'll act whatever age feels right at the moment and i'll look more stunning than I have at any age in RL.   😎

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Okay, may I ask what Elitism is? I kinda understand Ageism, but not fully. Actually can you please explain both.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Thank you for that, but I was honestly wanting to know. I really don't know most of these words, as they pop up out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, Jeny Howlett said:

a couple of mine:

2) people who automatically assume they are the centre of universe

Totally this.................. because we all know that it is really ME  xD

me-center-of-the-universe-t-shirts.jpg?w=538

:SwingingFriends:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Okay, may I ask what Elitism is? I kinda understand Ageism, but not fully. Actually can you please explain both.

It's basically just people that think they are better than everyone else for a variety of reasons.  Sometimes, the very affluent have this attitude towards those less financially well off.  You'll also sometimes see those with advanced education degrees looking down on others simply because they don't have those advanced degrees.  Those are two examples that come quickly to mind.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Elitism is the belief or attitude that individuals who form an elite—a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality, high intellect, wealth, special skills, or experience—are more likely to be constructive to society as a whole, and therefore deserve influence or authority greater than that of others.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism

Ageism (also spelled "agism") is stereotyping and discrimination against individuals or groups on the basis of their age. This may be casual or systematic.[1][2] The term was coined in 1969 by Robert Neil Butler to describe discrimination against seniors, and patterned on sexism and racism.[3] Butler defined "ageism" as a combination of three connected elements. Among them were prejudicial attitudes towards older people, old age, and the aging process; discriminatory practices against older people; and institutional practices and policies that perpetuate stereotypes about elderly people.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism

ETA: Ageism does work both ways but it mostly occurs in younger people in their attitudes towards older people.

Edited by Selene Gregoire