What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

I think i'm missing quite some context here.

Apparently. I've been watching quietly from the sidewalk, and it looks like you just stumbled into a dialog and got fragged by accident.  Hobble away while you can.

• Haha 1

The last time I logged on I ran into someone with a very nice, well put together avatar. I said hello and complimented their avatar and asked what bento head they used (I was genuinely curious because it looked unique). All-in-all I attempted to strike up a conversation. 

Their response? Thanks. They didn't even answer the question! And then proceeded to walk past me. For a social game she was very anti-social. Maybe she was busy, I'll give her that, but she was definitely rude. I hate it when people, in the virtual world or real world, are stuck up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

When people become very clingy, the moment you accepted their friend request. It makes me more cautious about making friends in certain places, where this has happened before.

A year ago I befriended a furry wolf, who was the kind of person, that would almost always IM me, when I came online. His IMs usually only contained small talk, the "Hi how are you/what are you doing" kind of stuff. It was fine. I'm not good at personal, direct rejection, so I just answered in an honest way and continued my day. Around the same time I got my first parcel on mainland and started to decorate it. And of course that also became a topic in the conversation with this guy. He asked, if he could come around to check out my build and I happly send him a tp. I like it, when people have genuine interest in what I do and now we had something of substance to talk about. Things were good.... until he suddenly decided that being invited to my place means he should hang out there 24/7...or basically whenever I would come online.

It was energy draining for me. I could basically do nothing in private anymore. After a while I told him, that I didn't felt comfortable and would love if he didn't hung out at my place all the time. That offended him in some way and it was the end of him being on my friendlist.

• Like 3

meeting a young lady at a club, inviting her home to get to know each other only to find that your bratty sister has been through your house and stuck dildo's to every surface and you now have to go find all 250 or so of them and delete them while that nice girl backs away slowly wondering what sort of pervert you are

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

meeting a young lady at a club, inviting her home to get to know each other only to find that your bratty sister has been through your house and stuck dildo's to every surface and you now have to go find all 250 or so of them and delete them while that nice girl backs away slowly wondering what sort of pervert you are

/me notes that Kanry obviously has an awesome sister

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/22/2019 at 10:55 PM, Gabriele Graves said:

What a load of horse poo.  You don't have to be an emotionless person to not allow a lot of SL things or people to affect you very deeply.  Lots of people don't come to SL for deep and meaningful relationships.  A lot of people come to SL for a bit of entertainment and fun to take a break from their RL for a while.

I will agree to that. But people are missing the point. All I'm saying is that if you have ANY type of relationship in SL, from foe, friend to romantic in nature, there are RL emotions involved. So can those individuals really keep sl/rl separated?  I know that people keep some personal information private and for good reason. I never said that those who come to come to sl for just entertainment purposes and fun are emotionless.  

1 hour ago, Chablis Kinsella said:

I will agree to that. But people are missing the point. All I'm saying is that if you have ANY type of relationship in SL, from foe, friend to romantic in nature, there are RL emotions involved. So can those individuals really keep sl/rl separated?  I know that people keep some personal information private and for good reason. I never said that those who come to come to sl for just entertainment purposes and fun are emotionless.  

I can totally agree with that.  Unfortunately all I could respond to was what you wrote.  Thank you for clarifying your thoughts.

biggest issue i have often is with people.after being on sl for a good while overall.

- hate it when.............

• people you add who are never on
  • people you add who are always busy or always afk.
  • people you add who end up just removing you as soon as you log or the next day without telling you.
  • people who always hide their online status in your freinds list so you never know when the f-ck they are on.
  • when you tp someone to visit you and they immidently go afk for a very long time.
  • when you are in a conversation with someone that keeps going back and forth between afk and chatting
  • people who take FOR-EV-VER to respond to every single conversation.
  • people who mute you over ONE misunderstanding and/or LOG OFF so you cant try to work it out.
  • overly opinionated people (often "submissives") who stick their unwanted opinions in every chance they chance to try to undermind you.
  • people who say "we are better off friends" when you JUST met them and havent even had a real chance to get to know each other.
  • people who say one thing is fine (often sexually) and give into that thing and then the next day act like they shoudnt and want to run (even though you never forced them to)
  • newbies who apparently are able to download second life, create an account, login even sometimes create a basic look for themselves but cannot understand the simplest tasks even when you try to walk it through step by step.
  • older women who run the second a guy says hes a bit younger without even giving him a CHANCE just because of his age.
  • older women who are in their 40s 50s and older who type and act like they are 20
  • that ONE (or two) furry that always hangs out in a place filled by humans.
  • women at franks place who are always afk.
  • people who tell you "read my profile first" when you try to get to know them only to find out there is NOTHING in their profile that actually really tells you about who they are and its often filled with TONS OF quotes by other people and when you point that out they get super mad at you.
Edited by EveniosReturns38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

biggest issue i have often is with people.after being on sl for a good while overall.

• people you add who end up just removing you as soon as you log or the next day without telling you.
  • people who always hide their online status in your freinds list so you never know when the f-ck they are on.
  • when you tp someone to visit you and they immidently go afk for a very long time.
  • when you are in a conversation with someone that keeps going back and forth between afk and chatting
  • people who mute you over ONE misunderstanding and/or LOG OFF so you cant try to work it out.
  • overly opinionated people (often "submissives") who stick their unwanted opinions in every chance they chance to try to undermind you.
  • people who say "we are better off friends" when you JUST met them and havent even had a real chance to get to know each other.
  • people who say one thing is fine (often sexually) and give into that thing and then the next day act like they shoudnt and want to run (even though you never forced them to)
  • newbies who apparently are able to download second life, create an account, login even sometimes create a basic look for themselves but cannot understand the simplest tasks even when you try to walk it through step by step.
  • older women who run the second a guy says hes a bit younger without even giving him a CHANCE just because of his age.
  • older women who are in their 40s 50s and older who type and act like they are 20
  • people who tell you "read my profile first" when you try to get to know them only to find out there is NOTHING in their profile that actually really tells you about who they are and its often filled with TONS OF quotes by other people and when you point that out they get super mad at you.

Oh boy, we've got a (barely) live one with more issues than DC Comics. However, to choose the only one that is actually mildly disturbing as opposed to just kind of funny...

People are allowed to change their minds, at any time. Even after they've had a day after they "give into" it, and now know how it makes them feel longer term. Yes, even then. You know what else? Anyone, male or female, is allowed to reject you as a partner for any reason whatsoever. Yes, even "older women" who don't want to liaise with a younger man. (And do you really think your age is the only thing that's putting them off?) I know! Even older women get to choose their sexual partners! They don't owe you anything! And you know what else? Submissives get to have opinions! Even if you don't want them to! Gadzooks!

Your inability to grasp any of this is what's causing "people who mute you over ONE misunderstanding and/or LOG OFF so you cant try to work it out", "people you add who end up just removing you as soon as you log or the next day without telling you", "people who always hide their online status in your freinds list so you never know when the f-ck they are on" and "when you tp someone to visit you and they immidently go afk for a very long time". 

You're welcome.

(Sorry, can't be bothered to correct the typos in the c+p.)

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

A lot of these seem to be peeves about how people react to you, possibly there is a common thread here and it is you?

For example if I am in this situation

"newbies who apparently are able to download second life, create an account, login even sometimes create a basic look for themselves but cannot understand the simplest tasks even when you try to walk it through step by step"

I generally assume it is probably how I am explaining it and try explaining a different way, rarely are people too stupid to learn you just need to find the way to teach them that clicks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

I like doing that. I am  ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶m̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ integrating into your human society and no one notices.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

*takes a deep breath* Well, to put it nicely, thats the shy/harmonic peoples way to pull out of a social interaction, that they find uncomfortable. They don't want to interact with you, but also don't want to deal with any direct confrontation.

I've only quoted two of your pet peeves, but the amount of peeves that you listed is stunning. If that type of stuff happens frequently and with all kinds of people, then maybe there is a general problem with your way of socializing with others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

Adding for you:

People who won’t take a hint.

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

This list gives the impression that you think everyone in SL is there for your particular entertainment. That may be why you are having issues connecting with people.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

overly opinionated people (often "submissives") who stick their unwanted opinions in every chance they chance to try to undermind you.

This may come as a shock to you, but most submissives arent brain dead bimbo's, we actually do have a mind of our own and if you say or do something we don't like, despite what you may think, we are going to state ours on the matter. Don't like it? maybe buy one of those sex statues that are popular on the MP

people who say one thing is fine (often sexually) and give into that thing and then the next day act like they shoudnt and want to run (even though you never forced them to)

Again, people are allowed to change their minds, AT ANY GIVEN TIME. There are limits for a reason, and maybe the thing you done sound like something they haven't tried and thought they would be okay with it, but once it was done they weren't

I mean, this actually tells me more about YOU then it does the people who have muted/ deleted/ hid/ AFK'ed on you. I am not saying this to be rude but maybe its time to step back and evaluate how you interact with people, if SO MANY of them are doing this to you and stop acting like its their fault because its clearly not

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is more of an updated list for RP

• People ( it's usually doms/ men) who think that just because they collar you in an RP that they own you. Most may be okay with this but when it comes to me in particular. If we have not OOC ( Out of Character) talked about you collaring me and I have not verbally agreed to it, then you do not own any part of me. The collar comes off as soon as the RP ends and goes back on when it starts again
  • People who you have spent the majority of your RP time with, but still get whiney and entitled at the couple times you tell them you simply aren't in the mood for it/ need a break. It won't make me go " Oh I'm sorry, you are right let me drop what I was planning to do tonight to come play with you" No, you coming at me like I owe you something simply because I have been playing with you, ironically enough makes me never want to play with you again. I get on SL primarily to relax, de-stress have fun, if you go off on me the few times I have told you I ain't feeling up for it, then odds are we aren't gonna play again
  • People who ignore limits simply because they think having limits in SL are stupid. it doesn't matter what you think of the matter, you respect the limits people have listed and don't try to RP them, its simple as that
  • People who complain in your IM's when someone beats them to you. This happens a lot, the person will talk to me in my IM's for a good 20 minutes, often times teasing me about what they are gonna do to me, but then get annoyed when they see someone has beaten them to me. I am very much a first come first serve person. If someone gets to me before you, then better luck next time. You asking me to end it with them when you were too busy sweet talking me in IM's?.....no...be quicker next time
  • When you clearly state that IM's= OOC and Local = IC yet they will STILL try to initiate RP in IM's, despite them being right next to you inworld. More times then not this very thing is against the rules of the RP sim I am at and its HIGHLY annoying
  • At the risk of sounding vain and full of myself, it REALLY bugs me when my RP partners tell me that they only want to RP with me, that noone is as good as me...then they'll TP in someone to join the RP without so it leave me thinking "Uh huh.....way to just tell me what you think I wanna hear, darlin" Or "If I'm that good, then why did you TP in someone?" Again, I know this one sounds bad and like I'm full of myself, but its still highly frustrating when it happens because of the contradictions 
  • and Lastly, when RP sim Admins allow people to disrespect you because of the sims theme. for the sake of discretion I won't say the name of the sim, but because its a D/S, Misogyny themed sim, they allow the men to disrespect the women OOC and if you report them, then odds are the responses will be something along the lines of  "Well they are the superiors here, you should have listened to them" or " Why are you arguing with the men and complaining to me?" 
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.