What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

From what I'm seeing it's the physical manifestation of the fight or flight instinct. Not something I care to monkey around with, in case of possible harmful side effects no one is aware of yet.

I'd like to think my voice would give you "tingles".  As in, "creepy, should I run away?!?"  lulz!

25 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

There is no solidity in the universe. A form that appears solid is actually created by an underlying vibration. Vibrations express themselves in corresponding geometrical figures and in this way build up crystals that are the expression of vibration. Crystals collectively form a body of an element according to its particular vibration. The forms of snowflakes and faces of flowers take on their shape because they are responding to some sound in nature. Crystals, plants, and human beings are music that has taken on visible form.

For example: Scatter some very fine sand over the head of a drum. Then take a tuning fork and strike a note just above the drum head causing it to vibrate. The sand would shift and assume a geometrical figure corresponding to the particular note that was played. When another is sounded, the sand will shift and assume another figure. This shows that every vibration produces a corresponding geometric form

Um... no.  That's a serious misinterpretation of particle-wave duality and crystallography, subjects that were at the heart of my own professional career. As far as sand and  drum heads are concerned, all your example illustrates is a simple principle of wave harmonics that is among the first things that is taught in college-level physics and calculus.  In the context of this discussion, crystals and drum heads are red herrings.  I remain open to the possibility of tinglyness and AMSR, which seem like fascinating experiences that may be worthy of study, but crystals and drum heads are a distraction here.

Actually, this whole discussion -- interesting though it is --  is a distraction from the pet peeves theme.  ;)

I just copied that from somewhere because I knew it actually said nothing, offered no proof, and I could imagine little puffs of smoke emitting from Maddy's ears   :)

Edited by Luna Bliss

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'd like to think my voice would give you "tingles".  As in, "creepy, should I run away?!?"  lulz!

Do you sound like Vincent Price, Peter Lorre or Boris Karloff? Or Bela Lugosi? Or Max Schreck?

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Do you sound like Vincent Price, Peter Lorre or Boris Karloff? Or Bela Lugosi? Or Max Schreck?

Whichever would give you the most "tingles"! 

Otherwise, I would pick Truman Capote just to be contrary. And no, I sound nothing like him.

• Haha 1

now toward teh asmr discussion that was going on. I just had a trigger moment hearing the music from the old star trek tng series. not watched it in a long time and when the music started I had chills running up and down my arms and legs over it... go figure what that was about.

but not really surprising for me for its more certain songs and music that trigger it and less just normal sounds.

2 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Someone probably posted it, but when logging in and your region is offline and you get dumped into hub with a zillion others and some making passes or being naughty.

welcome to the reality of sl.. where a region restart will get you hit on by hundreds of randy little individuals that cant keep it under their pants/dresses...

Okay it’s called IBS. Waaait not THAT one.  It’s the internal rotten spots that are in 🥔 potatoes.  When I’m cooking with fresh ones, I dig around the spots & toss them.  But when you open up that bag of 3/4 potato chip factory air & find the bottom quarter crammed with icky spotty chips. 😭 Thankfully I have 3 dogs & a husband that don’t mind them.   😂

7843D0AA-0AB6-4880-AAEA-06430F066525.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I just copied that from somewhere because I knew it actually said nothing, offered no proof, and I could imagine little puffs of smoke emitting from Maddy's ears 

Mine too.

...holds open the door of a turquoise 1966 Thunderbird. 

Room for one more!

My pet peeve,  well more of a rant of a very tired person.

I really ate when a marginlised person tries to find people within their group, only to get jumped on, mocked or dismissed by allot of  people  in these forums.  Or heck sometimes you don't even need to be marginalized, just have exactly  (one) 1 kink that people don't like and  prepare to be scorched. Don't dare to complain or raise a stink about it. then the holier-then thous and the  self-proclaimed intellectuals will  concendingly  go on and on about how you're just lashing  out and being to unreasonable while they turn your thread in a multi page debate about  topics that lead you feeling disgusted and unwelcome.

That it goes on and on in a loop to the point that not even the nicer folks on the forum can help you from feeling anything  but alienated and  wrong.

Guess I just need a break.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

My pet peeve,  well more of a rant of a very tired person.

I really ate when a marginlised person tries to find people within their group, only to get jumped on, mocked or dismissed by allot of  people  in these forums.  Or heck sometimes you don't even need to be marginalized, just have exactly  (one) 1 kink that people don't like and  prepare to be scorched. Don't dare to complain or raise a stink about it. then the holier-then thous and the  self-proclaimed intellectuals will  concendingly  go on and on about how you're just lashing  out and being to unreasonable while they turn your thread in a multi page debate about  topics that lead you feeling disgusted and unwelcome.

That it goes on and on in a loop to the point that not even the nicer folks on the forum can help you from feeling anything  but alienated and  wrong.

Guess I just need a break.

a7a67941fb11375ad1f8257fe0e3ac54.jpg.dda0e7640bcbb87d1162f90e0a310651.jpg

• Like 2

Earlier, I mentioned that I dislike it when people bring their personal grievances about, and contributions to, other threads into this one instead. I'd like to add that it peeves me even more when I have absolutely no idea what thread they're referencing or what they're talking about, which is most of the time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.