What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Cheque mate!

Pet Peeve: have some money to spend and not finding anything you really want right now, ignoring your favorite lists because "Ehh, not right noooow...." What is wrong with me. 

You're human. You're cooped up. It's spring. You have cabin fever.

image.png.f29959b7a1d57384013aef222d596951.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Peeve: Tuning in late and finding one of my all time favourite American* types in the form of Blake "stolen valor!" USMC (had to have been)", had joined the battlefield!  However, No matter how fast I read through all his "I'm a vet' you need to kiss my ass!" BS,  Kristen Linden was always seconds ahead of me furiously deleting every time my cursor headed for the "quote" button!
Very frustrating....but probably very good timing also!  😆

* - Highly dubious whether he actually was American due to his usage of our "cheque" rather than "check"!  

Oh, duh! THAT's what that little discussion about check/cheque was over there! I totally didn't get that.  herp derp

Even without the spelling oopsie, it was pretty obvious that Cap'n Marvelous was a poser.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Oh, duh! THAT's what that little discussion about check/cheque was over there! I totally didn't get that.  herp derp

Even without the spelling oopsie, it was pretty obvious that Cap'n Marvelous was a poser.

He also claimed he spoke French as often as he spoke English. Seriously, how many places in the U.S. do that? 

/me squints toward Canada

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Hate it when they make entire threads disappear. Lock it, but don't hide. Removing it from history, if you will, is a bit disingenuous.

I mostly agree with this, but I do think there are times when threads should disappear. Some because they are just pure troll and serve no purpose, and I don't just mean the darling doxxer. For various reasons I wish the "feelings" thread would have been removed... sensitive issues and all.  I don't understand why some get removed, like the feminist thread, and some don't (like 100 others). I don't understand why some individual posts get removed quickly and other things even worse are allowed to remain for days or permanently. I don't understand why some people get slapped, even suspended, for extremely minor infractions and others get nothing for the same thing or worse. It's puzzling and annoying.

• Like 3

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

He also claimed he spoke French as often as he spoke English. Seriously, how many places in the U.S. do that? 

/me squints toward Canada

"Cheque" is a Canadian spelling. Just sayin'

(Not that I want to claim him for our own, god knows.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"Cheque" is a Canadian spelling. Just sayin'

(Not that I want to claim him for our own, god knows.)

Were you getting a little cabin fever with your alt and your DOG, Scylla? Fomenting civil unrest with bad spelling and worse grammar?

/me strolls up to your feet, looks at fuzzy toes (not mine), flips over for a tummy rub, looking oh so cute, "pet me!" (or is it a trap?)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I don't understand why some individual posts get removed quickly and other things even worse are allowed to remain for days or permanently. I don't understand why some people get slapped, even suspended, for extremely minor infractions and others get nothing for the same thing or worse.

yeahthat.gif.4688f68eceb95e46f6eb9e9d9cf80ed2.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

Were you getting a little cabin fever with your alt and your DOG, Scylla? Fomenting civil unrest with bad spelling and worse grammar?

/me strolls up to your feet, looks at fuzzy toes (not mine), flips over for a tummy rub, looking oh so cute, "pet me!" (or is it a trap?)

It IS a well-known tactic. If right wing groups can impersonate Antifa, why can't I impersonate . . .

No. It would take RP or acting chops that are well beyond my abilities to sound that clueless. (Although I can manage well enough in propria persona sometimes!)

(And I also have a cat, you poor little misunderstood thing *skritch skritch*)

4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Don't do it Scylla! It's a trap! She'll rook you into the back scratch next and after that it's the comb and then the brush! Flee while you still can! flee.gif.af3fb16c88648b581af9220632b23eac.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It IS a well-known tactic. If right wing groups can impersonate Antifa, why can't I impersonate . . .

No. It would take RP or acting chops that are well beyond my abilities to sound that clueless. (Although I can manage well enough in propria persona sometimes!)

(And I also have a cat, you poor little misunderstood thing *skritch skritch*)

It is, sadly, a well-known tactic, yet still a very effective one. I think we are seeing it more and more in RL and its more visible social outlets. Human peeve: People.

Human peeve 2: People who type in Latin and make me Google. :::twitches tip of tail back and forth rapidly:::  Lingua mortua est, effum effum essum.

Cat? Figgers. PC Canadian can't be seen to play favorites, that would be speciesism. It works for me. :::let's you skritch the tummy once then bites the heck out of your finger, because: I can. Purrs. Looks confused at why you stopped.:::

Cartoon: because I can

academia calvin hobbes.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah, there was more to discuss in that thread, and lots of information presented I'd like to view again.  Why are some threads just locked while others are disappeared?

Its simple.. pr.. they hide what ever looks bad enough to them, that might bring them in a bad light to others.

thing is just because someone else thinks its bad enough to be hidden doesn't mean they do. They are after all the gods of the forums not anyone else.

the ones the dont hide they probably believe have more value to be allowed to be seen then the ones they hide.

7 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah, there was more to discuss in that thread, and lots of information presented I'd like to view again.  Why are some threads just locked while others are disappeared?

Its simple.. pr.. they hide what ever looks bad enough to them, that might bring them in a bad light to others.

thing is just because someone else thinks its bad enough to be hidden doesn't mean they do. They are after all the gods of the forums not anyone else.

the ones the dont hide they probably believe have more value to be allowed to be seen then the ones they hide.

Well I'd say sometimes they make the correct decision and sometimes not, and it can be hard to know what the right decision is.

Same with all the decisions I must make in my own life.

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well I'd say sometimes they make the correct decision and sometimes not, and it can be hard to know what the right decision is.

Same with all the decisions I must make in my own life.

see that is the point there is no right decision, its just their's and no one elses, and it doesn't really matter what anyone else feels is right or not at the end of the day. their choices are guided by pr choices.. they cannot allow some threads to remain showing too much hostility between users. because it gives sl a bad name to anyone that might come here looking for help or new to sl and thinking about joining.

it easier to lock and hide the entire thread then to try and go through and moderate each post and make changes to what was said to make it sound more friendly or nice. the amount of time and effort and energy required to do the later over the former is too much for LL to invest in.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When my Notification pages tells me that some thread was updated, but then I get there and all I see is one or more:

image.png.808168fc894abced295e298745cbd61e.png

This is one reason why I don't use the ignore function. There are people I don't care to interact with, but massive blank blocks everywhere would be confusing and frustrating.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

there is no right decision

agree...I'm just surprised by some that just poof as I've seen much more hostile ones stay up...

* my question was more of a rhetorical one

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

This is one reason why I don't use the ignore function. There are people I don't care to interact with, but massive blank blocks everywhere would be confusing and frustrating.

Prior to the last few weeks, I had only ever put a few people on ignore for short time periods mostly as a time-out for me from them so that I would stop engaging.

The last few weeks got a bit too contentious, more so than usual around here -- at least, IMO.

I popped a few on ignore for my own sanity.  I've been doing okay at just skimming past most posts that quote those people.  I have been debating with myself if I'm ready to go back to my normal forum processing and thus eliminate my ignore list.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I put anybody on ignore that I disagree with so i can stay as stupid as possible    :)

*not!  I have nobody on ignore

I didn't until this week. Now two people reside on my block list, and it's mostly for other people's benefit. I don't think anything good can come from interacting with the first person, and that's all I have to say about that. The second one is Captain Jackwagon who spent yesterday evening crapping up the BLM thread. I think removing the temptation to make any more replies to his gibbering and potentially helping get the thread locked was in everyone's interest.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.