What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Because... I don't own the Slink female body :P

Ok, new pet peeve.

Skell doesn't know everything there is to know about the female Slink body.

BUT

We can do something about this, people! We don't need to complacent. Enough of being "victims"! This is a call to arms!

So, what we're going to do, people, is start a collection to buy Skell a female Slink body (preferably Physique, because that's what I've got).

Send me your contributions in-world. Any amount will help, L$10, L$50, L$5000 . . . whatever you can throw towards this worthy cause!

I will of course be issuing receipts for tax purposes.

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, what we're going to do, people, is start a collection to buy Skell a female Slink body (preferably Physique, because that's what I've got).

Um, what am I supposed to do with it after that? Given that I have zero interest in making a female avatar and would rather spend my clothing money buying stuff that I could wear using the male avatar(s) that I prefer ;)

I have Maitreya Lara purely because there's a male flat chest mod for it. If there were a similar thing for Slink (yes, I'm aware of the 'petite boobs' thing, but I see bugger-all clothing made for it, and I want NO boobs, not teeny ones) then I would consider it. There ain't, so... if you feel the need to start a collection then the Buy Skell The Entire Contents of the Zibska Store would probably be more apropos :P

ETA: On second thoughts... my inventory is screaming for mercy as it is, so perhaps it's safest not to.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:
2 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

.....So I take it your not a fan of clothes autohiding your body

It does that for you? To me it does not work as intended. Instead it reveals my previously hidden body sections ... 

On the surface, I don't have a problem with auto-hiding.  However, if I wish to hide anything else in addition to the auto-hide pieces, then the auto-hide scripts screw things up.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Um, what am I supposed to do with it after that? Given that I have zero interest in making a female avatar and would rather spend my clothing money buying stuff that I could wear using the male avatar(s) that I prefer ;)

I have Maitreya Lara purely because there's a male flat chest mod for it. If there were a similar thing for Slink (yes, I'm aware of the 'petite boobs' thing, but I see bugger-all clothing made for it, and I want NO boobs, not teeny ones) then I would consider it. There ain't, so... if you feel the need to start a collection then the Buy Skell The Entire Contents of the Zibska Store would probably be more apropos :P

ETA: On second thoughts... my inventory is screaming for mercy as it is, so perhaps it's safest not to.

Skell, Skell, Skell.

/me sighs

I was just
Trying.
To make the World.
A Kinder, Gentler, Better Place.
(For women with Slink Physique bodies)

And you are not helping.

Fine. I'll just throw the money we've collected at some orphans or something instead. Whatever.

• Haha 3

Store owners that simply paste the store SLURL into a notecard rather than dragging an LM into the notecard.  With just a slurl, I have to copy it out and paste it into local chat in order to then click it so I can teleport - and pasting SLURLs into chat is considered spamming by anyone around you.  Are notecards limited by how many textures and LMs you can drag into them?  If not, then I see no reason whatsoever, for it to not be an actual LM.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

With just a slurl, I have to copy it out and paste it into local chat in order to then click it so I can teleport

Get a better viewer ;) Both SL viewer and firestorm allow dropping of SURLs in the address bar just like your browser would with an internet address...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I've never had any problem with autohiding clothes...instead they are a nice comfort for my lazy self. But I can see, that it is an annoyance if it does course problems for others.

it is a real scourge with saved outfits, load it and the wannabe autohide auto-unhides everything...

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

pasting SLURLs into chat is considered spamming by anyone around you. 

What a load of horse hockey. SLURLs exist so they CAN be pasted into chat and shared. 

SLurls and landmarks serve the same purpose. The main difference is that a SLurl is simply a text link, while a landmark is an inventory item type which can only be used inside of SL.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Get a better viewer ;) Both SL viewer and firestorm allow dropping of SURLs in the address bar just like your browser would with an internet address...

I use Firestorm - never knew I could just paste it in the address bar, but that totally makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

What a load of horse hockey. SLURLs exist so they CAN be pasted into chat and shared. 

Maybe so, but people will still tell me that I'm spamming or advertising by doing that.

Getting back to the autohide thing......

I don't mind autohide, but what really gets me are those clothes which when you take off leave the alpha. If they autohide they should autorestore, and not all my stuff does that. 

Fortunately the Lara hud is amazing now I understand it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe so, but people will still tell me that I'm spamming or advertising by doing that.

You can always paste them in local chat with [Shift+Enter] to whisper it if no one’s within 10m. (or even walk away a bit, otherwise), a group you own for your land and no one else is in at the moment, or in IM to one of your alts if you have them, or even in a friend’s that no longer logs in 😅... it certainly isn’t for lack of options. I do get what you mean, and while a simple SLURL for the purpose of TPing can’t be much seen as purposeful spamming/advertising, it’s a realistic concern, given that actual hit-and-run spammers & advertisers also often use the silly argument that “they’re not spamming/advertising, just sharing their awesome... blah, blah, blah" 😉

Edited by Ren Toxx
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 6:30 AM, Candice LittleBoots said:

Another Firestorm one, although this may be alterable. If so I don't know how to do it ..

When you buy something and it says "You paid whoever L$x", and you go to press the 'OK' button.

.. then in the blink of an eye the item pops up to Accept or Discard. The discard button is right where the OK button was and you discard by mistake.

Took quite a few times of mistakes, frustrations, notecards to vendors and re-deliveries learning to pause for a few seconds while ignoring 'You just paid ..' pop up.

I got a quick grab of it, just now >

6917c5855872316f4ac354af99af19f7.png.3c02ceb9b8a2e7aa70dcb4de1fbc02a5.png

It seems everyone else's pet peeves are always to do with other people. Other people are easy to ignore or move away from. They rarely bother me, people's names and fashion choices have zero impact on me, same as no AO or hairbase (huh?! .. lol). The one that I feel is hanging around on the landing point, which is why I bought a bumper. Move over butt-head! :D

this one got me once... good one.

28 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Shops that put fountains and ponds at their landing points so you have to climb out.  For extra points, they disable fly too.

One store I TP to frequently has a fountain at the landing point.  I always come in hovering in fly mode, but then I start to click around to see which direction I want to go and it never fails. at least 3 times out of 5 I will click that darn fountain and end up 'sitting' on it in some dumb pose.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.