What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I haven't watched one in over a decade. Although I am a Sigourney Weaver fan, I much prefer scifi to horror scifi.

Better keep it that way. The last Alien movie came out, it made me feel soo frustrated watching it, it was so not good.

3 hours ago, Zenash Vlodovic said:

I think my biggest peeve is no LI listed for furnishings/accessories on Marketplace. I love, love the "FaMESHed" event, but ALL of the furniture/accessories have a "0" LI if you put them into 'Edit' to see. I keep track of my LI count, and not having that available keeps me from buying things or using certain ones I've bought that end up having a HIGH LI count.... Example: I have a chair with a 2LI count, saw one JUST LIKE IT with a 12LI count (same animations).

PLEASE creators, list the LI count of your items, in world and especially on Marketplace... PLEASE.. :/

If you look at the LI of something that you put in Edit from another region, you get zero for the LI. You'll see the LI if you're on the same region as the object you're editing.

ETA: Missed Theresa Tennyson's response on the bottom of the last page. Sorry about that.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
oops
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I thought mine was a real victory that time.  I sort of survived.

(Golly, that is an old photo.)

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 @ 8:34PM.

I truly enjoyed incinerating you and others for my Warm Welcomes rogue's gallery, and I sometimes wish I had the time to start that up again. There are so many people I've met since then that I'd love to have in the gallery.

I like the idea of subverting "pyrrhic victory" in SL, where RL acts of destruction become symbols of affection and both sides do win.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

They might have been trying to check land impact from a cam-shopping sim. You can only get an accurate land impact on an object if you're on the same region it is.

*makes note to never cam shop for furniture from a different sim*

• Like 1

Dudebro: what are you doing?

Moi: *insert activity that I am doing here*

Dudebro: oh.

Dudebro: ok.

What else does he expect me to say? Is there some fantasy universe where these knuckledraggers get a response of "playing with myself while waiting for your arrival, oh God of Sexual Pleasure"?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, AyelaNewLife said:

What else does he expect me to say? Is there some fantasy universe where these knuckledraggers get a response of "playing with myself while waiting for your arrival, oh God of Sexual Pleasure"?

Yes. It's called Gor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I may just give that response next time............. just to see how the initiating idiot responds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not bothered by an avatar's look. Don't really care about fonts. Being fairly new and having taken the time to fill out my profile, the one pet peeve is being solicited when my profile states I have a partner. Not interested in that type of relationship in SL and I've made it clear. So the one pet peeve is that people don't take the time to look at your profile before they IM or make a friendship request.

11 hours ago, RachelWales said:

people don't take the time to look at your profile before they IM or make a friendship request.

I dunno about this, but I've received two friendship requests while *off-line* (got the notices in email) - and when I go online and see who it is: mystery. Not chat history, totally unfamiliar names. And it is the same person requesting friendship *twice* in four days.

I'm not sure it's a peeve, but it sure is funny.

I have been peeved lately by people dropping in to take fashion photos then going off to post their wonderful pictures including a SLURL to the fashion item but giving no credit whatever to the builder of the lovely scene they used, nor its location, despite a polite request to do so.  I've amended the region Covenant to require permission but I doubt those leeches will care. 😡

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have been peeved lately by people dropping in to take fashion photos then going off to post their wonderful pictures including a SLURL to the fashion item but giving no credit whatever to the builder of the lovely scene they used, nor its location, despite a polite request to do so.  I've amended the region Covenant to require permission but I doubt those leeches will care. 😡

This also infuriates me, as a photographer rather than a land-owner. Do you know how hard it is to find beautiful, rez-friendly sims for photos?! There are people out there that will credit Maitreya and Catwa for the body and head they always wear, yet won't even mention the name of the sim they're at. It's incredibly frustrating.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

This also infuriates me, as a photographer rather than a land-owner. Do you know how hard it is to find beautiful, rez-friendly sims for photos?! There are people out there that will credit Maitreya and Catwa for the body and head they always wear, yet won't even mention the name of the sim they're at. It's incredibly frustrating.

It's important to distinguish between the region itself and separate builds within it, for instance a themed area on a platform.  Your photos give region names but no SLURL.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:37 AM, RachelWales said:

I'm not bothered by an avatar's look. Don't really care about fonts. Being fairly new and having taken the time to fill out my profile, the one pet peeve is being solicited when my profile states I have a partner. Not interested in that type of relationship in SL and I've made it clear. So the one pet peeve is that people don't take the time to look at your profile before they IM or make a friendship request.

It gets especially weird, when they want to know something about you, but still don't care to check your profile. Especially when its about RL information, but they can't be bothered to check the RL section in the profile. Instead they just ask for things that would be in plain sight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

It gets especially weird, when they want to know something about you, but still don't care to check your profile. Especially when its about RL information, but they can't be bothered to check the RL section in the profile. Instead they just ask for things that would be in plain sight.

This happens so often.  I always say "Any RL info I'm willing to give out to strangers is in my profile." Sometimes they'll argue and insist it's faster if I just tell them what they want to know, but more often than not, I never hear from them again.  It's almost as if they have an aversion to reading.

• Like 1

When people push me for RL information, I tell them things like I'm a trainee astronaut, and being in SL is part of my training to increase my tolerance for reduced physical interaction with others for when I'm posted to the International Space Station. Or that I'm a highly successful lingerie and swimwear model, and I come to SL because it's just so nice to be able to relax without being hit on and propositioned all the time (if they believe this one, you know they're a true halfwit). Or that I was Gal Gadot's stunt double in Wonder Woman, but it was a pain because I had to wear a wig and it kept falling off. Or that I was one of Coolio's backing singers for Gangster's Paradise. 

The possibilities are endless. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.