What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh I just have one pet peeve. I really can't stand people who are annoyed by either of the following: empty profiles, 'unreadable' fonts, unmatching body parts, flexi prims, AO-less avis, jazz hands,

DJs/hosts teleport inviting their "friends"

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral. Like many of us here - I am absolutely

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

And how is expressing their worries over missing a forum friend, speculating on what might have happened to her,  "forcing their opinion or views or ethics or morals on you or anyone else"?    Your behavior was SO bizarre in that thread I shudder to think of it.   It was NOT a theory thread...it was an emotional one. You really don't get the difference.

there really is no difference between the two. some people like to think there is but there isnt. all emotions are based upon theories and not facts. the only fact is that she has not been on the forums for a time, nothing more. the rest was all emotional theories of what could have happened.

if you get mad it is not because the person made you mad, you chose to get mad. no one can make anyone have a specific feeling about anything.

There are times to be more emotional, and there are times to bring in more theory. I don't think your theories were in the least appreciated. That's what matters -- not whether you were right or wrong with your theories.

You seldom 'read the room'....you just bust in and tell everyone they're wrong.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There are times to be more emotional, and there are times to bring in more theory. I don't think your theories were in the least appreciated. That's what matters -- not whether you were right or wrong with your theories.

nah, I dont read the room. as I said before im blunt and brutal. it keeps those away from me that cant deal with it.  which is fine with me. im not a socialite or social butterfly nor do i need or want to be.

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

nah, I dont read the room. as I said before im blunt and brutal. it keeps those away from me that cant deal with it.  which is fine with me. im not a socialite or social butterfly nor do i need or want to be.

I have a feeling there's nobody around you, because you don't consider them in the interaction.  You seem to think only YOU matters, and justify relating that way as indicative of some positive attribute you call "blunt".

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Emotions can get triggered by events. That has little to do with chosing.

incorrect all emotions are chosen reactions based upon past experiences. no one can trigger or make you have an emotion, you chose to have that emotion based upon your past life experience and how they affected you by the choice you made about how to deal with them. all triggers can be controlled if a person so choses to and be mindful of what they are doing and feeling in the moment they are doing so.

there is an old saying.

sticks and stones may brake my bones but words will never hurt me.

It is a very true saying even if some dont want to accept the validity of it.

11 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Emotions can get triggered by events. That has little to do with chosing.

incorrect all emotions are chosen reactions based upon past experiences. no one can trigger or make you have an emotion, you chose to have that emotion based upon your past life experience and how they affected you by the choice you made about how to deal with them. all triggers can be controlled if a person so choses to and be mindful of what they are doing and feeling in the moment they are doing so.

there is an old saying.

That may be true...and to a point...but it's best to be sensitive to those who don't have that awareness. It's not up to you to force truth on another, though you are insisting you have the right.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have a feeling there's nobody around you, because you don't consider them in the interaction.  You seem to think only YOU matters, and justify relating that way as indicative of some positive attribute you call "blunt".

i do live alone but that is by personal choice. but I do have family and friends i do interact with and am the same way around them too and they dont try and change me to suit their views of how I should be according to them.

before you say or think that is what im trying to do its not.. im just showing the otherside of the coin that people often forgets exists. why because I chose to, because I can. not because I think its a right or entitlement.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

im just showing the otherside of the coin that people often forgets exists. why because I chose to, because I can. not because I think its a right or entitlement.

Since you feel it's okay to tell everybody who they are and what they should feel, I'll do the same.

I think you're been hurt on this forum via another alt, and you're out to hurt people back, masquerading as some kind of "truth teller".

In fact, I recognize your vibes from a couple years back.

Edited by Luna Bliss
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Since you feel it's okay to tell everybody what they should feel, I'll do the same.

I think you're been hurt on this forum via another alt, and you're out to hurt people back, masquerading as some kind of "truth teller".

As opposed to a White Knight, cuz that slot's already taken.

• Haha 3

there is an old saying.

Then I am going to specify that I believe it's not a concious choice, thus most people having little to no controll over it. I mean, I'd say it's the same with those ...uh, shaolin monks (not sure?) who have amazing controll of their bodies. So it's possible, but they trained long and hard to be able to archive that. 

Words can hurt - verbal abuse is a thing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Then I am going to specify that I believe it's not a concious choice, thus most people having little to no controll over it. I mean, I'd say it's the same with those ...uh, shaolin monks (not sure?) who have amazing controll of their bodies. So it's possible, but they trained long and hard to be able to archive that. 

Words can hurt - verbal abuse is a thing.

words can only hurt until you learn they have no power over you but what you give them, beyond that point they can not ever hurt you agian. its a lesson that most people take nearly a lifetime to learn.

it is completely a conscious choice just most people like to claim its not to use that as some excuse or defense for their actions towards others.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

@Drakonadrgora Darkfold : " There is no way for anyone to prove it is not real and no way for me to prove it is real. It is just a feeling a gut instinct that feels right to me. Something you cannot really place your finger on yet at the same feels as it is real and has always been so."

Looks familiar ? .. How do you feel now about what you wrote there and how you act here ?  ;)

Edited by TDD123
bolded
4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

As opposed to a White Knight, cuz that slot's already taken.

Trying to protect people others are attacking is very different from simply attacking them for ego purposes.  I don't think you get that, as a BullyBee, because you so much enjoy ganging up on others.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

@Drakonadrgora Darkfold : " There is no way for anyone to prove it is not real and no way for me to prove it is real. It is just a feeling a gut instinct that feels right to me. Something you cannot really place your finger on yet at the same feels as it is real and has always been so."

Looks familiar ? .. How do you feel now about what you wrote there and how you act here ?  ;)

nice try taking that from that page. simply put, it means I dont care if you think im crazy you cant prove it.

but it has been proven that peoples emotions are under their control if they so chose to do so consciously.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Haha 1

nice try taking that from that page. simply put, it means I dont care if you think im crazy you cant prove it.

"We are all crazy in here, Alice."  😈

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

words can only hurt until you learn they have no power over you but what you give them, beyond that point they can not ever hurt you agian. its a lesson that most people take nearly a lifetime to learn.

it is completely a conscious choice just most people like to claim its not to use that as some excuse or defense for their actions towards others.

You are forgetting that some are here to connect with others in a vulnerable way, receive support or friendship. So they don't want to exist as a deranged type of Yogi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Trying to protect people others are attacking ...

Funny thing, I've never seen anyone ever ask for your "protection" and quite a few people who don't seem too thrilled by it.Unless you're talking your alts, like Kiera and...

• Haha 1

Well, it can be a very hard lesson to learn. However, I do agree.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.