What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

ROYALTY.

Forum Royalty.

(If you promise to curtsy to me, I'll curtsy back!)

Pawn to-- E12. 

Did I get your battleship?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

Yes actually you are.

No actually I'm not. I'm not saying people don't do that or haven't in the past, I am simply saying that I haven't seen RECENTLY that seems directed at you. If you can prove me wrong then please QUOTE IT in your next response. If you feel you're being targeted then report it.

I do too, I've told you outright, both in a DM and in this forum that I didn't like you and why, but that doesn't mean simply because I don't like you I will side with any hate or bullying directed at you, i will however do my best to get both sides of the story before talk about it and from what I've seen, noone had described you, mentioned you, made passive aggressive marks about you or at you in the last couple weeks. Again if you can prove me wrong then find it and quote it or screenshot it, I have no issue with being proven wrong.

Nah, I’m not vain. But, you don’t know me, so of course you’d assume such.

I shouldn’t have to prove anything because that very proof can be seen a few pages back on this very thread dating back to May 7 if you want an exact time frame. And, I’d say that was pretty recent as it happened this month, in fact. Who would have guessed? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

never said everyone has to be rough like me. just dont expect me to be soft like you or others. never said being vulnerable made you weak, but if you think someone has to cowtow to your opinions or views or be seen as mean or rude or a troll, thats a you problem not a me problem.

You are being your own pet peeve, where you treat others as nothing and expect them only to discuss things you want to discuss. For example, you said people who were sad their friends died were pansies. You were expecting them to be just like you and not care about that and not talk about it.

There's a balance when it comes to not caring what people think. I wouldn't take it into account if someone thought I should wear an avatar they like better, but it does matter if I punch someone in the face and they don't like it. I couldn't say it was their problem for taking that badly or that I shouldn't care what they think.

If I felt you were only here to hurt people as much as possible, I wouldn't be trying to talk to you again. As it stands, my current impression is you wanted a positive response, it bothered you enough that you didn't get it to have peeves about it, and you really don't understand why people reacted as they did. This is a time where you just might want to listen to what people are saying to you. Not because you have to be like everyone else, but simply so you can understand why it went down like it did. It's not because people had big egos... it's because you punched them in the face.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

You are being your own pet peeve, where you treat others as nothing and expect them only to discuss things you want to discuss. For example, you said people who were sad their friends died were pansies. You were expecting them to be just like you and not care about that and not talk about it.

There's a balance when it comes to not caring what people think. I wouldn't take it into account if someone thought I should wear an avatar they like better, but it does matter if I punch someone in the face and they don't like it. I couldn't say it was their problem for taking that badly or that I shouldn't care what they think.

If I felt you were only here to hurt people as much as possible, I wouldn't be trying to talk to you again. As it stands, my current impression is you wanted a positive response, it bothered you enough that you didn't get it to have peeves about it, and you really don't understand why people reacted as they did. This is a time where you just might want to listen to what people are saying to you. Not because you have to be like everyone else, but simply so you can understand why it went down like it did. It's not because people had big egos... it's because you punched them in the face.

no I never said that people who were sad that their friends 'did' die were pansies. there is no proof that alyanna su is dead. she might just be taking a break from the forums and the internet because other real life issues are more important at this time and people need to accept and deal with the fact that these forums and sl is not the most important thing in everyones life like some seem to think or act at times.

people are allowed to leave or disappear for no reason and not have to explain why or expect others to get all boohoo they are gone, please come back we miss you. she will be back when she is ready and capable and not before. people need to learn to give space to others if they take a break from sl or the forums.

i punched them in the face on purpose they needed it, there is a time when being upset and sad does no good. and sometimes you do need a shake up to snap out of it and not false empathy or sympathy or pity aka toxic positivism aka it will be all right, it will get better, at least its not as bad as it could be.

and some of the people on these forums 'do' have big egos.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

3 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

i punched them in the face on purpose they needed it

Drakon, you have no idea how to relate to people emotionally, and you should not be lecturing others how to do so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

no I never said that people who were sad that their friends 'did' die were pansies. there is no proof that alyanna su is dead. she might just be taking a break from the forums and the internet because other real life issues are more important at this time and people need to accept and deal with the fact that these forums and sl is not the most important thing in everyones life like some seem to think or act at times.

people are allowed to leave or disappear for no reason and not have to explain why or expect others to get all boohoo they are gone, please come back we miss you. she will be back when she is ready and capable and not before. people need to learn to give space to others if they take a break from sl or the forums.

i punched them in the face on purpose they needed it, there is a time when being upset and sad does no good. and sometimes you do need a shake up to snap out of it and not false empathy or sympathy or pity aka toxic positivism aka it will be all right, it will get better, at least its not as bad as it could be.

yeah, right. like you?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

oh I understand more than you think. we just dont agree on the same methods is all. which is fine by me.

The "punch in the face" method?  Yeah we don't agree there at all.

Some confrontation, yes, but one should be as delicate as possible with others emotions. We're all hurting in this Covid crisis and can only take so much.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Some confrontation, yes, but one should be as delicate as possible with others emotions. We're all hurting in this Covid crisis and can only take so much.

what does not kill you makes you stronger.

i could always go for the gut punch method and not sugar coat anything I say at all. but that would mean I would have to care what someone who does not know a thing about me but how I respond on the forums thinks about me.

10 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say ‘big egos’, but rather ‘bold personalities’. And quite frankly I enjoy them. So much changes in our daily lives, and I find it enjoyable and comforting to be able to log in to the forums and see the same people doing what they do. They may not always agree or get along, but that’s okay too. We can’t expect it to be cheery all the time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

what does not kill you makes you stronger.

It's not your place to force this on others....not sure why you're entered the forum thinking it is.

Debate, disagree about issues, sure....but you are going too far by telling people what they should be able to accept emotionally.  Even a person's therapist would approach that delicately.

1 minute ago, MirandaBowers said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say ‘big egos’, but rather ‘bold personalities’. And quite frankly I enjoy them. So much changes in our daily lives, and I find it enjoyable and comforting to be able to log in to the forums and see the same people doing what they do. They may not always agree or get along, but that’s okay too. We can’t expect it to be cheery all the time.

no, that would be boring but the turning down of the personality would be a nice thing at times. problem is they dont like it if someone gets just a bold back with them.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's not your place to force this on others....not sure why you're entered the forum thinking it is.

Debate, disagree about issues, sure....but you are going too far by telling people what they should be able to accept emotionally.  Even a person's therapist would approach that delicately.

its not their place to force their opinion or views or ethics or morals on me or anyone else either.

Just now, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

its not their place to force their opinion or views or ethics or morals on me or anyone else either.

And how is expressing their worries over missing a forum friend, speculating on what might have happened to her,  "forcing their opinion or views or ethics or morals on you or anyone else"?    Your behavior was SO bizarre in that thread I shudder to think of it.   It was NOT a theory thread...it was an emotional one. You really don't get the difference.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Surely not. But what you are doing isn' t debating either. It' s counter-effective to any form of genuine discussion.

No one wins anything like this.

I ask you to stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Surely not. But what you are doing isn' t debating either. It' s counter-effective to any form of genuine discussion.

No one wins anything like this.

I ask you to stop.

never said I was debating, debating means someone wins or looses or is out to changes someones mind. there is no win or loose to me. its just information and a discussion with no right or wrong way to do it. but some like to think their etiquette trumps others when it doesn't.

Just now, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

never said I was debating, debating means someone wins or looses or is out to changes someones mind. there is no win or loose to me. its just information and a discussion with no right or wrong way to do it. but some like to think their etiquette trumps others when it doesn't.

I also said you weren' t debating.

You can. You don' t have to. But I think you should try. I can only ask of you to try.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

And how is expressing their worries over missing a forum friend, speculating on what might have happened to her,  "forcing their opinion or views or ethics or morals on you or anyone else"?    Your behavior was SO bizarre in that thread I shudder to think of it.   It was NOT a theory thread...it was an emotional one. You really don't get the difference.

there really is no difference between the two. some people like to think there is but there isnt. all emotions are based upon theories and not facts. the only fact is that she has not been on the forums for a time, nothing more. the rest was all emotional theories of what could have happened.

if you get mad it is not because the person made you mad, you chose to get mad. no one can make anyone have a specific feeling about anything.

if you get upset no one made you get upset, you chose to get upset based upon theories and not facts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.