What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I changed mine the day after cuz I saw this really neat Groucho gif with the bouncing eyebrows that I liked better and then of course I googled for Groucho one liners and he has the best... besides as Groucho said I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would take me as a member....

• Like 3

People who go back and edit their post after dropping their bomb and before anyone quotes it in its original state.   Not going to make the same mistake with that person again.  She is definitely in my crosshairs now.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

People who go back and edit their post after dropping their bomb and before anyone quotes it in its original state.   Not going to make the same mistake with that person again.  She is definitely in my crosshairs now.  

THIS. Own your words, people. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Does that include ninja edits? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

When people are faced with a problem, are handed a simple and straightforward solution that costs them nothing but five minutes of their time, and said person then refuses to even entertain said solution but instead just turns it into a "it's not my fault so why should I have to do anything?!" entitlement-fest.

I wish it was legal to slap people through the internet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

When people are faced with a problem, are handed a simple and straightforward solution that costs them nothing but five minutes of their time, and said person then refuses to even entertain said solution but instead just turns it into a "it's not my fault so why should I have to do anything?!" entitlement-fest.

I wish it was legal to slap people through the internet.

I think it is legal, it is just hard to stick your arm into the USB port.

• Haha 4

People who claim they have you blocked but still show up on your profile as "visited" day after day. I have one person blocked and I just tried it, I can see their profile page (not that I wanted to, I just wanted to see what the blocking does to that). So peeve: childish people who get obsessive about personal peeves and put way too much effort into something that should mean diddly squat. I'm sooooooo over this kind of idiotic, childish, stuoopid, rather sick behavior. Totally have been there, done that, and it was stupid then, too. Ya couldn't win the Internets then; you can't win them now, so why are you trying so hard?

/me waves

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

Mine are simple.. anyone that thinks they are entitled or special or privileged over anyone else for any reason about anything. No one is entitled to anything in life. life owes you nothing at all. No one is more special than anyone else in life. Your just a delusional twitt if you think you are great or special or important above someone else. No one has any more privileges than anyone else in life. you might have a few extra freedoms because of certain things but it doesn't make you better than that other person in any way shape or form.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 3

Pet peeve #529: The Rise of the Trolls in the Forum 2020.

With the doxxer spam, the racial spam, the mindless trolls with their endless time to just stir up sh1t pots... I think I may be off topic because that kind of goes outside the bounds of "peeve."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Does that include ninja edits? :ph34r:

Nah.  I often have to read mine half an hour later after my eyes woke up and ninja my morning typos but I usually type  typo or added a word in the reason for edit box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Nah.  I often have to read mine half an hour later after my eyes woke up and ninja my morning typos but I usually type  typo or added a word in the reason for edit box.

same. I usually leave some reason why I did a edit

sometimes as well. I will post something and by the time I have finished typing and press the button. I think: lol who wrote that nonsense. Oh! wait! was me!

i have quite a few posts where in my edit add, I ended arguing against myself

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I sometimes will fix a typo or swap words for ones that would be seen as less hostile, within minutes of posting. Anything more substantive, and I mark it out as such with an "Edit: more words". I think it's far, far better to leave the original words up and add a correction/redaction below, than to remove those words. Better for everyone involved.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 5:18 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I don't think I have many really, life's too short.

Pet peeve... people who stated on the first page that she doesn't have many pet peeves and 18 months later realise I lied.  I do!  😂

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If I'm just editing a typo I don't bother with a reason. Otherwise you get something weird or off the wall.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If I'm just editing a typo I don't bother with a reason. Otherwise you get something weird or off the wall.

Agreed - If I'm fixing typos i put that, if I'm adding more I put that.  I don't take things out.

Also shout out to @Sylvia Tamalyn I love the way you stand by what you say.

Edited by kali Wylder
eta kudos to Sylvia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mollymews said:

same. I usually leave some reason why I did a edit

sometimes as well. I will post something and by the time I have finished typing and press the button. I think: lol who wrote that nonsense. Oh! wait! was me!

i have quite a few posts where in my edit add, I ended arguing against myself

I edit because I'm indecisive.

Edited by Marigold Devin
... or am I?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I edit because I'm indecisive.

I edit because my fingers and my brain rarely speak to each other well. They seem to have a lifelong pact of social distancing. Perfectly rational thoughts become translated into jibberish at the keyboard, and my brain doesn't notice until after the fingers have rushed to hit the Submit Reply button. This puts my brain in the awkward position of having to re-open the post and instruct the fingers to fix any typos and add the bits of scintillating commentary that they failed to type on the first round.  The fingers then rebel by making a hash of the update, often leading to further rounds of triage and backfilling before the brain or the fingers admit defeat.  I generally try to document as I go along.  To my knowledge, neither my brain nor my fingers have ever deleted substantive bits of material, even if they have turned out to be embarrassing or off base (not that I have ever regretted typing anything, of course.  🙄 )

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I edit because my fingers and my brain rarely speak to each other well. They seem to have a lifelong pact of social distancing. Perfectly rational thoughts become translated into jibberish at the keyboard, and my brain doesn't notice until after the fingers have rushed to hit the Submit Reply button. This puts my brain in the awkward position of having to re-open the post and instruct the fingers to fix any typos and add the bits of scintillating commentary that they failed to type on the first round.  The fingers then rebel by making a hash of the update, often leading to further rounds of triage and backfilling before the brain or the fingers admit defeat.  I generally try to document as I go along.  To my knowledge, neither my brain nor my fingers have ever deleted substantive bits of material, even if they have turned out to be embarrassing or off base (not that I have ever regretted typing anything, of course.  🙄 )

I think we must be clones.

• Like 1

I edit simply because I have a mild form of dyslexia. Sometimes I simply misspell a word, or forget to type a word, or condense two into one, etc. Rather weird. Not all that disturbing, but I rarely make a post without any kind of error. If I edit for content (which I rarely do to begin with), I usually let ppl know.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.