What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Merchants that put demos on the MP without linking them to the real item.  LL finally gave us a checkbox to eliminate demos from the search results, but it only works if the demo is linked to a full version.  I was so ticked earlier while searching for something and bunches of demos kept popping up, cluttering my results.  I finally went to many of the stores and flagged bunches and bunches of demo items.

Ugh - Even worse when you can't even get them filtered out by specifying 'NOT demo'

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

People walking their dogs on retractable leashes. I hate those things.  (was the topic supposed to be SL specific?)

Years ago when we had doggies, we used these.  We kept them short for walking around the neighborhood, but then let them out when we got to the large fields and lake areas, so the dogs would wander farther away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

When you finally finish sorting a section of inventory and realise you've spent over L$5k over the last two years on 75L sale items from a single creator.

Yeah, whenever I see something on sale I used to go 'oh it's just L$50/75', I think half of my alt's inventory has never been worn after I purchased it. I don't want to know how much L$ I've burnt on things I never use. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Merchants that put demos on the MP without linking them to the real item.  LL finally gave us a checkbox to eliminate demos from the search results, but it only works if the demo is linked to a full version.  I was so ticked earlier while searching for something and bunches of demos kept popping up, cluttering my results.  I finally went to many of the stores and flagged bunches and bunches of demo items.

Ugh - Even worse when you can't even get them filtered out by specifying 'NOT demo'

That is actually flaggable on MP - disallowed listing practices if memory serves right...

ETA: you already said that - reading comprehension zero.

FAIL!

Edited by Emma Krokus
being blonde
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Years ago when we had doggies, we used these.  We kept them short for walking around the neighborhood, but then let them out when we got to the large fields and lake areas, so the dogs would wander farther away.

They are dangerous if used incorrectly.  And I have a burn scar on my leg from one I got tangled up in about 15 years ago.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
I was not using it, I was a bystander

3 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

That is actually flaggable on MP - disallowed listing practices if memory serves right...

ETA: you already said that - reading comprehension zero.

FAIL!

Yeah, I was in a pissy mood so amused myself for a while flagging things left and right.  

Flagged another batch of junk for keyword spam, since one store's crud flooded my search pages and had nothing to do with what I wanted.

• Like 1

Current peeve: Seeing fairy wings at Fantasy Faire that I really liked, wanted to buy, and due to misplaced adulting, I did not buy. Now I want those fairy wings. I can't recall the region in which I saw them, let alone the store. "I'll know 'em when I see them!" The Shopping Guide for FF is still up and it was next to useless before FF and is getting more annoying now. It is on Pinterest and it just doesn't work very well. Scroll scroll scroll... and the pages jam after a while. Unresponsive. Wait. Reload. Repeat. AUGH.

THIS, this is why adulting is stoopid. I should never do it. It bites you in the butt every time.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Current peeve: Seeing fairy wings at Fantasy Faire that I really liked, wanted to buy, and due to misplaced adulting, I did not buy. Now I want those fairy wings. I can't recall the region in which I saw them, let alone the store. "I'll know 'em when I see them!" The Shopping Guide for FF is still up and it was next to useless before FF and is getting more annoying now. It is on Pinterest and it just doesn't work very well. Scroll scroll scroll... and the pages jam after a while. Unresponsive. Wait. Reload. Repeat. AUGH.

THIS, this is why adulting is stoopid. I should never do it. It bites you in the butt every time.

Maybe try the Flickr group to see if someone took a photo while wearing the wings? https://www.flickr.com/groups/fantasyfairesl/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I seriously don't understand why so few stores mark if their clothes are modifiable in-world. Often I find myself having to browse their marketplace store to make sure, which entirely eliminates the chance of impulse purchases. Good for my wallet, perhaps, but annoying.

All it takes is three letters on the vendor. M, C and T, and you color those or circle them or anything really - put in at least that little bit of extra effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can only succumb to peer pressure for so long before I get itchy. Pet peeve: When you change your avatar photo or sig line or member title or whatever, it changes for all time (until you change it again). I'd kinda like the historical record, like if you make a change on Google Calendar it asks if you want to change it once, moving forward, or everywhere.

So now all those pages of bees have totally lost their context and I am proven to bee Certifiably Evil once again. I'm gonna get thrown out of the Hive, damnit.

bee.gif

bee.gif

bee.gif

bee.gif

bee.gif

bee.gif

bee.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I hate those retractable dog leashes too.

If you want to give your dog more line, get a longer regular lead.  Learn to coil it and handle it.  The retractable ones give you very little control over your dog.

I looked at a very large online shopping website and didn't see any retractable leashes that didn't have a lock. Used properly you have the same control over your dog that you'd have with a standard lead. The owners, not the equipment, are at fault.

• Like 4

It seems I tend to peeve in clumps.

I don't mind the game threads and the "what are you _____ today" threads. They generally don't interest me and so I usually don't go there. I am also a big proponent of "Your scroll wheel works!" However, I've seen others propose that those things be given their own special sub-forum and lately I'm thinking that is a good idea. The GD subform is getting snowed under with these things, while more chatty threads (serious or otherwise) get pushed back off page one and I think some die an early death because of it. So it is a mild peeve, but becoming a peeve nonetheless. Like, I mean, really? You expect *me* to click the page thingie to "2"? Not in this lifetime, buster!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.