What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

^^^^ When a guy asked me if I use RL social media and I said no.......(I don't), he said  "I think you're lying".

Obviously I gave him some blunt advice about accusing strangers of lying, before poofing away.

Indeed.

Or there's the other, even handier response: "That's none of your ******* business."

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, AngeliqueMinogue said:

I'm not the type of person to lead other's astray. I hope that answer's your curiosity. And you're an Advisor?

I'm curious as to why you should think that warning others to take what one says with a grain of salt is "leading them astray."

It seems to me that that is merely being honest with them -- far more so, in fact, than someone who represents what they say as God's Own Truth.

Well.. it's quite simple. If you are spending majority of your time telling others not to believe you. You are lying to them.

Please do not take this outta context. I could of said something else but perhaps I would of been wrong?

And I did not warn others, I never mentioned a grain of salt, I never claimed anyone was leading anyone astray.

I just asked them a question, if your an Advisor, why would you convince people not to believe you? That's All!

Edited by AngeliqueMinogue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngeliqueMinogue said:

Well.. it's quite simple. If you are spending majority of your time telling others not to believe you. You are lying to them.

Or you're Maddy, who deals in the art of enigma, tinged with a dash of irony and misdirection.  Maddy's comments usually invite a second reading.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AngeliqueMinogue said:

No, it's not "quite simple" at all. Human communication is never "quite simple": it's packed full of ambiguity, subjectivity, and, as often as not (and more often than not in Maddy's case), with irony .What is honest is acknowledging that one should never take anything one hears as some sort of inviolable truth. And it is, by definition, not a "lie" if one takes pains to ensure that it is not accepted as the unambiguous truth. Anymore than Charles Dickens was one of the greatest liars of all times because the things he wrote were not "true."

Maddy is not "lying to them": exactly the contrary, she is making them more aware of the nuance and complexity of language and connection.

11 minutes ago, AngeliqueMinogue said:

I just asked them a question if your an Advisor, why would you convince people not to believe you? That's All!

And here's an interesting instance of misleading language. You did not "just" ask a question: you implicitly made a rather snide and unnecessary moral judgement about Maddy's veracity -- and a highly questionable one, at that.

• Like 3

Maddy as in short for Madelaine. The person you replied to.

The advisor title relates to post count, not any kind of authoritative position assigned by LL.

Btw, Maddy made a statement. She did not ask a question. She didn't ask if you were curious.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AngeliqueMinogue said:

if your an Advisor ....

Heh .... "Advisor" comes with the territory, a title conferred by the gods of Linden but without literal meaning.  It's like "Elder" or "Esquire" or "Busy One."  Some of us who wear the title "Advisor" do occasionally dispense words of deep wisdom, but that's coincidental as often as it's intended.  The fact is, you too may become an Advisor by simply sharing thoughts here daily.  It's like a good conduct attendance medal.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

I think my biggest peeve is no LI listed for furnishings/accessories on Marketplace. I love, love the "FaMESHed" event, but ALL of the furniture/accessories have a "0" LI if you put them into 'Edit' to see. I keep track of my LI count, and not having that available keeps me from buying things or using certain ones I've bought that end up having a HIGH LI count.... Example: I have a chair with a 2LI count, saw one JUST LIKE IT with a 12LI count (same animations).

PLEASE creators, list the LI count of your items, in world and especially on Marketplace... PLEASE.. :/

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AngeliqueMinogue said:

This is a way Maddy jokes with people, and since others have spent a longer amount of time knowing Maddy they understand this.

Maybe it would be best for you to step back (regarding this issue) and just watch how Maddy does this. Maybe you will understand it better then.

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Well, there's a lesson for me. The next time I feel the need for an outpouring of support from you lovely  bunch of nuts, I'll create an alt to cast the very same aspersions against me that so utterly fail when I do so myself.

...starts looking through SL's Application Support folder for log-file evidence you did exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hang in there, Angelique!

My sense of humor is well known to old-timers here, but can baffle new folks. We're a generally decent bunch, stick with us and you'll find our bark is worse than our bite.

I noticed in your SL profile what looks like a diploma from Heaven University. As you may learn if you stick around long enough, I'm from Hell.

;-).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Well, there's a lesson for me. The next time I feel the need for an outpouring of support from you lovely  bunch of nuts, I'll create an alt to cast the very same aspersions against me that so utterly fail when I do so myself.

With all due respect...

*sets you on fire*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zenash Vlodovic said:

I love, love the "FaMESHed" event, but ALL of the furniture/accessories have a "0" LI if you put them into 'Edit' to see.

Possibly you have some option clicked that is preventing you from seeing the LI? I just popped over to the FaMESHed event and every single item I clicked on showed me an LI value and none of them showed "0".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Possibly you have some option clicked that is preventing you from seeing the LI? I just popped over to the FaMESHed event and every single item I clicked on showed me an LI value and none of them showed "0".

They might have been trying to check land impact from a cam-shopping sim. You can only get an accurate land impact on an object if you're on the same region it is.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.