What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Abcity, definitely :D

I can't even express how terribly I feel for that girl, both because she's going to be teased by others her entire life(not excusing it, just a fact), and she's saddled with a pretty crappy mom. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Abcity, definitely :D

I can't even express how terribly I feel for that girl, both because she's going to be teased by others her entire life(not excusing it, just a fact), and she's saddled with a pretty crappy mom. 

It's a thing though...

There are, at minimum 373 women and girls named Abcde in the US.

Abcde first entered the federal records in 1990, when five newborn girls were given the name.

The Bush administration was the golden age of Abcde, jumping from just a handful of Abcdes at the beginning to more than two dozen a year by the end. The high-water mark for Abcde was 2009, when 32 babies were named the first five letters of the alphabet.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Sad 2

Oh, I know it's a thing....a very stupid thing, but a thing nonetheless, lol.

I have a friend, well, was a friend at one time...we shall save that saga. She named her son Spoo, and I am NOT kidding. Why did she name him that? It's oops spelled backwards.

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's pet peeve:  Creators that give demos textured in just a plain pattern with the words demo on it.  You can try the fit, but it gives no indication of the actual colors/patterns of the item, thus no real ability to gauge the creators' texturing ability.

AARRGG

I just got a demo from an event tonight and that's exactly what it was, there was so many Demo's written on it, I couldn't even tell what the dress looked like. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's pet peeve:  Creators that give demos textured in just a plain pattern with the words demo on it.

Not quite as bad, but similar... when they add mesh attachment demos with complex curly letters. No idea of complexity! Or a circle that goes around your whole head and blocks the view of the hair you are trying.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Not quite as bad, but similar... when they add mesh attachment demos with complex curly letters. No idea of complexity! Or a circle that goes around your whole head and blocks the view of the hair you are trying.

I have noticed that in some such demos it's possible to derender that circle attachment. Edit linked and derender the annoyance. Clear view. Yay! :D
However in some demos if you derender the linked annoyance then the hair is derendered too. :(

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Oh, I know it's a thing....a very stupid thing, but a thing nonetheless, lol.

I have a friend, well, was a friend at one time...we shall save that saga. She named her son Spoo, and I am NOT kidding. Why did she name him that? It's oops spelled backwards.

Second name beginning with 'N'?

27 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

People offering "advice" when none was asked for.

I'm guilty of this sometimes but let me explain when................

So a guy hits on me...... often a newbie........then it goes something like this.......

/him..... dear, dearie......... or RL questions like how old? married? where do you live? are you on social media/skype? what are you wearing now in RL??

Once when I told the guy I don't do social media in RL (I don't) he said "I think you're lying".................

SO, when any of that happens, I say "can I give you some advice?".........and then I tell them (briefly) why their approach is doomed to fail. :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

The naked girls wandering around regions are just as annoying, and just as common. Just the naked girls will hang around beaches, while the naked guys will hang around infohubs.

Worse are the naked girls who come into my club - clearly tagged as "Male avatars only please". They clearly think this doesn't include their oversized boobs.

Maybe I don't look close enough but I haven't seen many naked girl avis.......it must be the places I hang out at!!!  I wouldn't dream of walking around naked, anywhere.........really :)

• Like 2

People that post in the forums without any periods, using little if any capitalization, and sometimes even throwing in some text-speak.  They somehow manage to write roughly a dozen or so 'sentences' in this form and then actually expect people to be able to read it and respond.  I often go cross-eyed just trying to decipher the post.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People that post in the forums without any periods, using little if any capitalization, and sometimes even throwing in some text-speak.  They somehow manage to write roughly a dozen or so 'sentences' in this form and then actually expect people to be able to read it and respond.  I often go cross-eyed just trying to decipher the post.

I figure that the burden is on the writer to create something legible.  If I can't make sense of an OP's question, I skip it and move on.  The ones that annoy me are the ones who ask an ambiguous question or a question without enough background information to establish a context.  I can't begin to count the number of times when I have written a rather careful, detailed answer to a question like that and then found out that the OP had something totally different in mind.  And then he gets annoyed at me for wasting his time with my answer.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I figure that the burden is on the writer to create something legible.  If I can't make sense of an OP's question, I skip it and move on.  The ones that annoy me are the ones who ask an ambiguous question or a question without enough background information to establish a context.  I can't begin to count the number of times when I have written a rather careful, detailed answer to a question like that and then found out that the OP had something totally different in mind.  And then he gets annoyed at me for wasting his time with my answer.

This. It shows the writer’s contempt for his readers: “Let them try to figure out what I am saying, my time is too valuable to spend using conventions to make myself clear.”

I taught writing to all ages from grades two to twelve. They all could use conventions when they wanted people to read their writing. Literally all of them could use periods, capitalizations, paragraphs, correct spelling, etc.

Edited by Pamela Galli

On 12/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, Coby Foden said:

Mesh pants, butt looking like in system pants. Going deep, very deep inside. Why for heavens sake? :S
I have not bought many nice looking pants if they have been ruined by this silly looking feature.

2018-12-14_butt-in-mesh-pants.jpg.13f599bfd7e376d8d63b4ba5f732b915.jpg

Fell off my chair laughing at this. Used to ask the same question but now I have the only pair of pants I'll never need, so...

...three words for you: Evani Anita Jeans.

2 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Fell off my chair laughing at this. Used to ask the same question but now I have the only pair of pants I'll never need, so...

...three words for you: Evani Anita Jeans.

Oh noooooooo!  You really shouldn't do that. I had to jump to the Marketplace and look. And then what. Well what do you think happened..............

So far my favourites have been Blueberry Tali pants. So now we'll see............ ;)

tick-tock-tick-tock

Ok I gotta hand it to you, these are great jeans, now equal favourites.............. :)

Edited by BelindaN
added final comment
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.