What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One store I TP to frequently has a fountain at the landing point.  I always come in hovering in fly mode, but then I start to click around to see which direction I want to go and it never fails. at least 3 times out of 5 I will click that darn fountain and end up 'sitting' on it in some dumb pose.

Could be worse. At least you didn't keep going back to the same old LM where the store used to be and landing under the house that is now there stuck in what looks like a wall but isn't, trying to figure out how to get into the store that is no longer there. :$

Round about the sixth try I finally realized the store wasn't there and soon discovered that the "new location" has been in the same unfinished condition for quite some time. Months, maybe even years. :S

I don't buy their stuff anymore. :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Getting a notification that someone quoted me or replied to a thread, but then when I try to pull the thread up, I discover the mods have apparently deleted it.  The least they could do is just lock it but leave it behind so that I can satisfy my curiosity regarding the quote or reply.   9_9

• Like 5

people opening threads on a topic on which a thread was recently opened... READ FIRST ffs XD be it the current inventory loss issue (which triggered this post^^) or those endless "I need friends" blabla (join the hangout inworld group and come to the travelling breakfast - both of which you´ll FIND if you REAAD!!!!!  😂😭

addition:

if someone throws a wall of text (in this case poetry-  beautiful one at that but still) into a conversation that has just been started then snaps at me when I suggest they put it in a notecard rather than in the groupchat randomly.... - and everybody blaming me for not praising them >.<

Edited by Akasha Sternberg

13 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

addition:

if someone throws a wall of text (in this case poetry-  beautiful one at that but still) into a conversation that has just been started then snaps at me when I suggest they put it in a notecard rather than in the groupchat randomly.... - and everybody blaming me for not praising them >.<

Hmmm, it might be time for us to send out the group rules again.  I'm pretty sure that I've not seen a resend of them since I returned a couple of years ago.

• Thanks 1

I think I've said one of the two I'm about to post already but ah well, not about to sift through 22 pages worth of posts to see lol

1. When guys get in my IM's and tells me  " Wow you'd look better if you weren't covered in tats/ had less piercings/ wore longer or more feminine styles" Well firstly my avatar's arent customized to please your eyes, their customized to please mine and mine only. Secondly unless I ask for it, I don't want your unwarranted opinions, I don't Randomly IM guys saying "Man I wish you looked more like a biker dude" I ask you to show me the same courtesy.

2. When stores only give out gifts that are half the quality that their paid for products are. It annoys me because it speaks legions about the store creator. If I see a store's gifts are poor quality while the other things you pay for are gorgeous, then odds are you won't see me shopping there. Just because you won't be making money off the gifts doesn't mean that you shouldn't put your all into it

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

When guys get in my IM's and tells me  " Wow you'd look better if you weren't covered in tats/ had less piercings/ wore longer or more feminine styles"

Perfect comeback to that one: "And you'd look better if you kept your mouth shut." ;)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Perfect comeback to that one: "And you'd look better if you kept your mouth shut." ;)

Or, set up a system so that when someone says something so unbelievably entitled and stupid to you, you can say nothing...but with a single click, suddenly have dozens more tattoos and piercings appear in an instant all over your body, as well as especially short, tight, androgynous clothing.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Group notices sending a picture of a new item or group gift and saying 'come get xxxx', but not including an LM or SLURL.  

9 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

Or better yet, why not put it IN the notice? Lol

Bonus points when the shop is one of the busiest in SL, yet shares a sim with several other popular brands because cheapskates so usually hovers around the free member cap, making you churn through treacle trying to find the one sign to slap to get the gift, at which point you have a 2 to 20 minute delay on the script before you get your gift. Bonus points if you do this weekly, plus frequently put on hunts on this same store sim.

• Like 1

Okay, another one.

We all know the altervista marketplace phishing link that does the rounds every few weeks, and it always gets jumped on whenever that gets spammed into various groups. But what always astounds me is the sheer volume of utter cretins that cannot even comprehend the idea that the account posting the link is a victim of the phishing themselves. It's stunning.

• Thanks 3

On 2/15/2019 at 6:54 PM, AyelaNewLife said:

Okay, another one.

We all know the altervista marketplace phishing link that does the rounds every few weeks, and it always gets jumped on whenever that gets spammed into various groups. But what always astounds me is the sheer volume of utter cretins that cannot even comprehend the idea that the account posting the link is a victim of the phishing themselves. It's stunning.

It MAY be that the the poster's account has been phished.  It could also be that the poster created an account for this purpose.  However, the ToS specifically states that you are responsible for whatever is done with your account.  If you got phished, and the phishers use your account to lure others, it is still your fault in the eyes of Linden Lab.  This is why it is so important to report a possible compromise of your account as soon as possible.

• Like 1

01..Unreadable Fancy Fonts for Display names that are VERY different from the avatar's system name.

02..People who get angry when you call them by their system name, because their display name is unreadable.

03..People who include "Master" in their Display Name. 

04..People who work in SL under one name, have a different Display Name and yet an even DIFFERENT System Name. Confuse much?

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

01..Unreadable Fancy Fonts for Display names that are VERY different from the avatar's system name.

02..People who get angry when you call them by their system name, because their display name is unreadable.

Sometimes, I greet people with unreadable Display Names: "Hello Unreadable" - and then, with their (Legacy) system name instead   😈

• Like 1

Okay, I just thought of one. Really drives me insane. I buy FP stuff and I am in their group, so for instance... A certain clothing FP creator, and they allow other merchants to post their textures for their products in a spam post to their groups.  I may think of more, I am pretty chill on SL cause if it bother me I just log out.. but that one  particular one makes me grrrrr...  I didn't join the group for that, I joined it to buy your dogone mesh.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
and no, its not Meli I would not buy that garbage if it were free)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.