What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'v been trying to think some pet peeve, but it's really hard.

The only thing comes to mind, reminded by the post above where mentioned store owners and landmarks, while at some faire or some place/event where lots of little shops, why can't the shop owners put a landmark to their main store or some freebie where inside would be the landmark? I may be interested at some stuff, but not ready to buy now and if the landmark or information is not there, i won't be going to look for it by myself.

28 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

Heres one that really gets on my nerves. Flash sales that only last an X amount of hours....and it urks me that they are becoming a popular thing. I can never get in.....Just....WHY DO THIS!?!?!?

They do it to create demand; and to make a bunch of Lindens in a hurry, and in hopes of enticing you to the store to see what else they have for sale.

2 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:
32 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

Heres one that really gets on my nerves. Flash sales that only last an X amount of hours....and it urks me that they are becoming a popular thing. I can never get in.....Just....WHY DO THIS!?!?!?

They do it to create demand; and to make a bunch of Lindens in a hurry, and in hopes of enticing you to the store to see what else they have for sale.

I don't really pay attention to these things, but isn't that what a Flash Sale is, by definition?  Announced on short notice -- if at all -- and only open for a brief time?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

I absolutely hate those things! I refuse to go and then the group chat is overrun by the complaining that they can't get in. I literally have to shut off the group because it would just keep popping up

• Like 1

I'm not really into flash sales either, but the very fact that they fill up stores to the point where people can't get in and overrun the group chat means that they serve their purpose. Odds are that you weren't going into that store at that exact time anyway, so they don't lose anything by you avoiding the crowd that the sale draws.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I'm not really into flash sales either, but the very fact that they fill up stores to the point where people can't get in and overrun the group chat means that they serve their purpose. Odds are that you weren't going into that store at that exact time anyway, so they don't lose anything by you avoiding the crowd that the sale draws.

Well for those that cannot afford to buy Lindens a 50% off flash sale might be the only way they will ever consider getting that fatpack they would like so much... I understand those that fill up the sims during those events.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Well for those that cannot afford to buy Lindens a 50% off flash sale might be the only way they will ever consider getting that fatpack they would like so much... I understand those that fill up the sims during those events.

Sure, I understand why people go and why merchants hold them. Those people are among the target audience for a flash sale. I was just making the point that if you can't get into a flash sale, it's serving its purpose of getting people into the store, and that's why merchants do it. The fact that some people, like me, tend to avoid them doesn't affect the merchant because in all likelihood, we weren't going to be in there at that exact time anyway. They're still successfully getting the place rammed.

5 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

On an off topic sort of note, holy crap I never imagined when I started this thread that it would get this many responses! 

I was just thinking what a peevish lot we were, and who know we could be peeved by so much?

Heres one that I am always reminded of when I store hop

Groups with joining fee's....

Yeah yeah, I know why groups have them, its to keep scammers away, and they might actually do a lot for the members/ VIP's

With that being said, theirs few things that are as annoying as when your freebie shopping, you see a wall of group gifts, go to excitedly join the group so you can be like a child opening the gifts Santa left you on christmas morning....

Only to see the fee is like L$100, L$250, etc etc

Like c'mon! My broke *bleep* was freebie hunting for a reason!? 

xD xDxD 

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

few things that are as annoying as when your freebie shopping, you see a wall of group gifts, go to excitedly join the group so you can be like a child opening the gifts Santa left you on christmas morning....

Only to see the fee is like L$100, L$250, etc etc

uhhuh.gif.a4fd65fd849c611d9e6833cbfe21f656.gif 

188-1200766486.gif.71eb37861ae250cf8c68c8a97c11f94c.gif

Group invite bots in general, but especially for groups with a join fee. Like, it feels like store itself is a beggar aggressively demanding lindens. <.< A lot of big SL shops do it, too. It's a good way of making me far less likely to actually buy anything, unless it's of truly singular quality.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 1

addition:

photographers who IM me out of the blue that they are looking for people to take photos of to practice their editing -  MENTIONING THEIR PRICES!!! and having no picks in their profile...

seriously... if you contact somebody YOU are interested in working with THEM so YOU ask for THEIR price list. You can´t show interest and then be like "ok you pay me". The person contacting is the one paying the person they´re interested to work with. Simple as that. In ANY field. You don´t go into a shop being like "hey I´m interested in this shirt my price for taking it is very low."

I´d totally be open to TFP (time for pictures) shoots but DAMN don´t contact me and mention YOUR price list. It´s the second time this happened to me. Oh and IF you contact me out of the blue please tell me where you found my name. (It´s not hard to find me I swear, but I just wanna know so I can place you mentally...)

oh and please PLEASE pretty please with a cherry on top please read my profile info and pics...they´re there for a reason. Your time is precious and so is mine. Don´t waste it.

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
  • Like 1

People that use product names (or parts thereof) in a language they do not speak and butcher it in a way that just screams 'I wanted to be hip but I didn't even take the two seconds to google the correct spelling!' It makes me cringe every time.

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I really really was not going to post a "pet peeve" in this thread because, you know, positivity, and good vibes, and stuff.

But seriously. AUTOHIDE SCRIPTS!!!!!!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!

kitty hands you her nuclear warhead... (Isn't it amazing what stuff you get in thoose furry hunts?)

Edited by Fionalein

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

kitty hands you her nuclear warhead... (Isn't it amazing what stuff you get in thoose furry hunts?)

Too fast and not nearly painful enough.

I want whoever invented the autohide script to reside for all eternity in a very special place in HELL, where their body parts keep blinking in and out of existence at inopportune moments. When they reach for food, i want their arms to suddenly disappear. When they try to stand up, I want their legs to fade into nothingness.

I want them to SUFFER.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I want whoever invented the autohide script to reside for all eternity in a very special place in HELL, where their body parts keep blinking in and out of existence at inopportune moments. When they reach for food, i want their arms to suddenly disappear. When they try to stand up, I want their legs to fade into nothingness.

Usually you can roast it though - on the rare occasion I can't I usually end up roasting my body scripts - that too ends auto-clip's functionality

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I really really was not going to post a "pet peeve" in this thread because, you know, positivity, and good vibes, and stuff.

But seriously. AUTOHIDE SCRIPTS!!!!!!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!

Another reason why I love (and cling to) the Slink Male body: it has a tickybox option to stop autohide scripts from affecting it. It's always switched off on my avatar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Too fast and not nearly painful enough.

I want them to SUFFER.

.....So I take it your not a fan of clothes autohiding your body

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Another reason why I love (and cling to) the Slink Male body: it has a tickybox option to stop autohide scripts from affecting it. It's always switched off on my avatar.

So, wait. I have the Slink Physique body. Is there one of those on my HUD????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.