What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This came up in a discussion in a group so I thought this could make for an interesting topic. What are some of y'alls pet peeves when it comes to SL? It can be anything from empty sims, to people wearing bling, anything!

Here are some of my top ones

-Empty Profiles ( how hard is it to just put SOMETHING in there???)

-Unreadable fancy fonts ( What is the point of that?! Half the time if I can't read it, then I'm gonna call you by your log in lol)

- When your body parts don't match ( Like c'mon!!! Body appliers don't cost that much just...MAKE IT ALL MATCH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!)

- Flexi prims ( I don't mind mild flex on a mesh hair because it ads depth, but seeing it ribbon through your body is just O.o)

- Avi's without AO's ( The duck waddle is just....lord....Why doesn't Sl give some sort of AO starting off???)

- This one could also count for the AO one, but...unanimated Bento hands that are splayed out ( You look like someone left you hanging and you just aren't willing to give up till SOMEONE gives you a high-5 LOL)

- People wearing updo hairstyles without a hairbase ( I know, this is an odd one but its something that I'm really OCD about. A hairbase makes an updo look so much better because it adds a seamless look, without one it just makes it look like a hat to me)

Theres some of mine, what are some of yours??? Do we share any of the same ones? lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I don't think I have many really, life's too short.

0 day old noobs who managed to find a freenis and arrive at my store naked and looking for or already partaking in secks

Forum posters who call people a troll just because they didn't immediately agree with their rant

I'll give you unreadable display names because of silly characters

display names that give themselves a title - Master, DJ or whatever 

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Ugh yeah those make me laugh, anyone who feels they have to put sir, Master, Dom, Queen, Mistress, Madame etc in their names, I wanna IM them like " Alright, calm down there, don't take yourself too seriously"

Edited by IvyLarae
Found a typo
  • Like 9

31 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Why does DJ bother you? I'm curious since DJ does stand for Disc Jockey and originated with am/fm radio,  not to mention hubby was a RL DJ and is a DJ in SL (when he has time these days).

• Like 5

Oh I just have one pet peeve. I really can't stand people who are annoyed by either of the following: empty profiles, 'unreadable' fonts, unmatching body parts, flexi prims, AO-less avis, jazz hands, no-hairbase updos. That's basically it. For the rest, I consider myself pretty tolerant.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 12

55 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

- People wearing updo hairstyles without a hairbase ( I know, this is an odd one but its something that I'm really OCD about. A hairbase makes an updo look so much better because it adds a seamless look, without one it just makes it look like a hat to me)

Show me a hairbase that works for those without human ears and I might do so. IMHO most hairbases just look silly and are an invitation for alpha glitches to happen.

• Like 7

Firestorm .. two inventory windows open .. drag across items from one to another .. it goes anywhere near the top of the target windows and the thing ZOOM-scrolls into oblivion. Thanks for trying to help me when I don't want it.

Again, Firestorm. Since a relatively recent update the 'Double-click on land' now walks you in a small arc before you begin your straight walk to the clicked point. Bumping into people, doorways, getting caught in arcoves and door frames.

Potential future options (I've pre-selected my choices):
Inventory auto-scroll:  ☐ 
Double-click on land:  Move to clicked point with animation:  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

- This one could also count for the AO one, but...unanimated Bento hands that are splayed out ( You look like someone left you hanging and you just aren't willing to give up till SOMEONE gives you a high-5 LOL) 

To be fair, people who wear Belleza do see their hands posed properly. It's just that every one else sees them splayed out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Why does DJ bother you? I'm curious since DJ does stand for Disc Jockey and originated with am/fm radio,  not to mention hubby was a RL DJ and is a DJ in SL (when he has time these days).

Its just the need for self appointed titles like that in SL.  I DJ myself but don't feel the need for my name to say it.  My club tag does that for me when I am DJing

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Its just the need for self appointed titles like that in SL.  I DJ myself but don't feel the need for my name to say it.  My club tag does that for me when I am DJing

I'm kinda glad though. Those naming themsleves DJ usually are lousy ones. Saves me from giving them a look (or listen).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

-Unreadable fancy fonts ( What is the point of that?! Half the time if I can't read it, then I'm gonna call you by your log in lol)

I usually call those people by their legacy name or some made up name, depending on difficulty and length of the legacy name.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

DJs/hosts teleport inviting their "friends"

That, or people mass-conferencing all of their friends. I have dropped blog sponsors for doing that. Send a notice in a group!

- DJ's/hosts who send notices in a group more than once per hour

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I usually just make fun of people doijng that, and blatantly refuse to call them by their self appointed title; See 'unreadable fancy fonts'

-Facelights: Some places are lit up like the center of the sun because of facelights. With proper windlight settings nobody needs a facelight. I usually have attached lights derendered by default because of this. There was a decline in use of Facelights for a while, but because of materials a lot of people started wearing bodylights again, especially people in shiny clothing such as latex or sequin.

- Personal one that luckily doesn't appear that often anymore since mesh: People that walk around with unfitted Bax Coen Prestige boots. On a previous Avatar I've worked for Bax for nearly 4 years, and I just don't understand why you won't have your boots fitted, when the store offers that service for free? Mostly when I saw people with unfitted boots, I asked them if I could refit them for them. And I could always see when I had previously fitted someone, as I would always save their fit in the notes section of their profile.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lavalois said:

- Personal one that luckily doesn't appear that often anymore since mesh: People that walk around with unfitted Bax Coen Prestige boots. On a previous Avatar I've worked for Bax for nearly 4 years, and I just don't understand why you won't have your boots fitted, when the store offers that service for free? Mostly when I saw people with unfitted boots, I asked them if I could refit them for them. And I could always see when I had previously fitted someone, as I would always save their fit in the notes section of their profile.  

I had to look those up in MP... never heared about them before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Drama

- know it alls

- people who drain your energy

- "filler" sounds and words - biggest one: "Whoo" - it hurts my ears, it´s loud and high and WHY?`There´s no bloody reason XD You can have fun (and even die - tell that to those shrieks in Horrorfilms xD) without screeching like a maniac xD

- gesturbating

- particles

- emitters on avatars

- bloodlines

- empty profiles

- trolls

- instagram, selfies and hashtags

- random "hi" IMs - or random IMs at all aiming to hit on you

- being hit on  cos:

- not reading my profile

- adult = sex stuff assumption (I want adult sims cos I can swear and stuffs xD)

I´m too lazy to continue XD This might not be complete xD

addition: self-centere, egocentric female reproductive organs who go all "well I´m glad I´m picky" when you try to be helpful in a freebie group with a lot of new people telling them to unpack their stuff rightaway or they´ll end up with 262 items to unpack after grabbing gifts from events and advent stuffs - you can´t see what´s inside those gifts until you unpack them ffs and there´s so much awesome stuff thrown at us for free... I want to be able to meet new stores, see the awesome work of designers who are so generous and maybe feature it in a way or another.... I throw out the stuff I don´t like or use, too - so collecting stuff at first doesn´t mean you´re not picky... ARGH! *original version in my head adds gazillions of swearwords and really nasty insults at her and puts her on my hate list forever xD  - why again am I trying to help anybody after all?

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

- Drama

- know it alls

- people who drain your energy

- "filler" sounds and words - biggest one: "Whoo" - it hurts my ears, it´s loud and high and WHY?`There´s no bloody reason XD You can have fun (and even die - tell that to those shrieks in Horrorfilms xD) without screeching like a maniac xD

- gesturbating

- particles

- emitters on avatars

- bloodlines

- empty profiles

- trolls

- instagram, selfies and hashtags

- random "hi" IMs - or random IMs at all aiming to hit on you

- being hit on  cos:

- not reading my profile

- adult = sex stuff assumption (I want adult sims cos I can swear and stuffs xD)

I´m too lazy to continue XD This might not be complete xD

Lazy posters haha! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Did he change his name by Deed Poll to add "DJ" as a new first name?

Does he put "DJ" on his name and adress details in place of "Mr."?

If he did, then you'd know what annoys people about SL DJ's who do this.

Also...

DJ - Disc Jokey - The person hired to change the record at the end of the song, NOT any kind of "Artiste"...

That annoys the hell out of me, "SL DJ's" who act like they are bloody Hollywood superstars instead of people with a copy of SAMS and a collection of mp3's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I had to look those up in MP... never heared about them before.

Was time, back when I started, that "everyone" in the so called SL BDSM Community assumed that the *official* Mistressing outfit was a system layer v-neck leather catsuit from Immershoen, an xcite scripted lag-whip coiled on one hip, some bling bangles, big flexi hair, and...

A pair of Bax calf height boots...

And woe betide you if you didn't wear the *official costume* while acting in anyway Domme, as the Baxers would denounce you for not being a "Proper Mistress" because you wern't wearing the right look.

:D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Another Firestorm one, although this may be alterable. If so I don't know how to do it ..

When you buy something and it says "You paid whoever L$x", and you go to press the 'OK' button.

.. then in the blink of an eye the item pops up to Accept or Discard. The discard button is right where the OK button was and you discard by mistake.

Took quite a few times of mistakes, frustrations, notecards to vendors and re-deliveries learning to pause for a few seconds while ignoring 'You just paid ..' pop up.

I got a quick grab of it, just now >

6917c5855872316f4ac354af99af19f7.png.3c02ceb9b8a2e7aa70dcb4de1fbc02a5.png

It seems everyone else's pet peeves are always to do with other people. Other people are easy to ignore or move away from. They rarely bother me, people's names and fashion choices have zero impact on me, same as no AO or hairbase (huh?! .. lol). The one that I feel is hanging around on the landing point, which is why I bought a bumper. Move over butt-head! :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

In live concerts some avatars overdoing their applauds. Often many lines from single avatars, spamming the chat window to unreadable mess. To add the pain the applauds are very noisy ones too! Most disturbing thing is that many start their noisy applauds well before the end of the song. So you cannot actually hear and enjoy the end part of the song because of the noisy applauds.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.