What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Human peeve: How come I never get the memos? Like, a few weeks ago I didn't know when engaging a Knight Errant, that that was her MO. Could have saved all of us a lot of eye rolling and typing had I known DO NOT GO THERE. Mis Information I learned about several months ago, but again, AFTER the fact. So tonight, toward the end of the "hot" topic (end so far tonight that is) I read "You know,. I've seen your drama-stirring many times over the years, am not interested in seeing it again now..." and it is all like Oh FFS. I have to reinvent the wheel each time??? It can't just be "pssst. nudge. wink wink"? I need a good skritching.

This is an example of a pet peeve. For instance... Using my name in a slander campaign.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I have no idea why. That isn't even a fraction as bad as Nobhead's screed. (It is worth noting that even the most die hard Goreans agree that the books are execrably written.) Have a lobotomy, down a bottle of neat tequila, fall out of a tree and try again.

Here I was trying to make you crack up and you cracked me up... again. Dammit. So much for my kneeslapper.

• Like 2

peeve.. people with peeves thinking that complaining about them on some forums anywhere is really going to change it or stop it or those who do it.

its the internet, most people dont really care if they make someone butthurt over something that they didnt like. as has been proven in many threads on the forums.

:P

3 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

This is an example of a pet peeve. For instance... Using my name in a slander campaign.

Uh, what? Your name? Where? WTF are you on about?

ETA: Oh ffs. I see it now. Your badge member status is set to Ms Information. I had no idea, why would I? Have I had ongoing issues with you? (No.) Do I memorize everyone's CHANGING status info? (Hell no.) Plus, my post said MIS not MS. So, not you. Good grief. 

ETA: I changed the original to Miss, to further differentiate. This is a phrase I've been using for a while, along with Knight Errant. It's also a really common play on words. Sorry you took it as a slam at you.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

peeve.. people with peeves thinking that complaining about them on some forums anywhere is really going to change it or stop it or those who do it.

its the internet, most people dont really care if they make someone butthurt over something that they didnt like. as has been proven in many threads on the forums.

Nobody is Most folks are not airing their peeves here in the hopes that anything changes.  It's primarily just about saying it - sometimes we just need to b**ch. 

And there's the added benefit that sometimes we get a bit of solidarity in others agreeing with us.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
clarification
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nobody is Most folks are not airing their peeves here in the hopes that anything changes.  It's primarily just about saying it - sometimes we just need to b**ch. 

And there's the added benefit that sometimes we get a bit of solidarity in others agreeing with us.

I'm going to be Exhibit heckin A of this right now:

{Generically formatted spamvert for a DJ set posted in a group}

[17:02] Him (dudebro): I'd love to come . but I can't   lol
[17:03] Her (mrsdudebro): you just did
[17:03] Him (dudebro😞 HAHA hthat is true
[17:04] Her (mrsdudebro): and not just once if i may add
[17:04] Him (dudebro😞 twice
[17:04] Him (dudebro😞 to what your 5?

No one wants to see this. Please stop.

But the thing is, I'm posting it here. I'm not talking to either of these two people and asking them to cut out on the excessive PDA. I'm just venting about something that I personally find annoying, in the full knowledge that at least two people don't find it annoying, and that I have no way of forcing them to change their behaviour. 

(Side note: I actually know these two, they're actually nice people, even if a little 'first boyfriend/girlfriend' for my tastes. So I actually stand half a chance of getting them to change if I wanted to risk the confrontation... but I don't. So I vent here, then move on with my day.)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Venting about peeves is an easy way to relieve some of the stress of being peeved. Nobody said it was going change anything.

ETA: Apologies to @LittleMe Jewell and @AyelaNewLife cuz I didn't read your posts before I wrote mine

Oops to Eureka! Turning the Unexpected into an Advantage | HuffPost

Edited by kali Wylder
apologies
  • Like 8

Just now, kali Wylder said:

Venting about peeves is an easy way to relieve some of the stress of being peeved. Nobody said it was going change anything.

I'm really peeved about not getting even more memos. Venting here won't change things? * Next you're going to be telling me that life isn't fair!

*Actually venting here has changed a few things. One was the creating of a new thread for raw screenshots. Born right here after we were griping.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And the additional benefit for those who just are not happy unless they have something to gripe about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

And the additional benefit for those who just are not happy unless they have something to gripe about.

hmmmm. I may just have to take that personally considering the number of posts I have in this thread...

th_majoroverreactionnoway.gif

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Gatogateau said:
14 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Uh, what? Your name? Where? WTF are you on about?

ETA: Oh ffs. I see it now. Your badge member status is set to Ms Information. I had no idea, why would I? Have I had ongoing issues with you? (No.) Do I memorize everyone's CHANGING status info? (Hell no.) Plus, my post said MIS not MS. So, not you. Good grief. 

ETA: I changed the original to Miss, to further differentiate. This is a phrase I've been using for a while, along with Knight Errant. It's also a really common play on words. Sorry you took it as a slam at you.

Gato, not sure why you feel the need to announce who you diss in a random post, but it's very obvious you were dissing & slandering me, Tarina, and Han with your post:

"Human peeve: How come I never get the memos? Like, a few weeks ago I didn't know when engaging a Knight Errant, that that was her MO. Could have saved all of us a lot of eye rolling and typing had I known DO NOT GO THERE. Mis Information I learned about several months ago, but again, AFTER the fact. So tonight, toward the end of the "hot" topic (end so far tonight that is) I read "You know,. I've seen your drama-stirring many times over the years, am not interested in seeing it again now..." and it is all like Oh FFS. I have to reinvent the wheel each time??? It can't just be "pssst. nudge. wink wink"? I need a good skritching."

27 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

My peeve today is logging in, being notified someone had quoted something I wrote right before I logged out the night before, but the thread is now no longer visible.  

I hadn't even realized yet that the thread was gone. 

That'll teach me to leave the computer for lunch or a shower.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moira Timmerman said:

My peeve today is logging in, being notified someone had quoted something I wrote right before I logged out the night before, but the thread is now no longer visible.  

That's so frustrating! I hate it when that happens.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Gato, not sure why you feel the need to announce who you diss in a random post, but it's very obvious you were dissing & slandering  names wrong names names per usual

Not that I have to report to you, but I was genuinely peeved that once again I found out after the fact that someone was a known "stirrer" and I would have posted differently in another thread had I known. I don't know why YOU have the ridiculous need to once again name names. You didn't get it entirely right, because you're just not that bright. So why you have to pull other people in specifically? Probably something in the DMS-5. My post was  a peeve about SL and on topic and not any more specific than Queen Bully Bee, ring a bell? Concept.

Edited by Gatogateau
can't effing type!

Peeve: Tuning in late and finding one of my all time favourite American* types in the form of Blake "stolen valor!" USMC (had to have been)", had joined the battlefield!  However, No matter how fast I read through all his "I'm a vet' you need to kiss my ass!" BS,  Kristen Linden was always seconds ahead of me furiously deleting every time my cursor headed for the "quote" button!
Very frustrating....but probably very good timing also!  😆

* - Highly dubious whether he actually was American due to his usage of our "cheque" rather than "check"!  

Edited by Dano Seale
A word.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The feminism thread.

I'm sorry for it. There was some really dumb stuff posted there, but also some brilliant responses.

Hate it when they make entire threads disappear. Lock it, but don't hide. Removing it from history, if you will, is a bit disingenuous.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Hate it when they make entire threads disappear.

Yeah, there was more to discuss in that thread, and lots of information presented I'd like to view again.  Why are some threads just locked while others are disappeared?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.