What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Freddie Dallas said:

It is of my opinion that it looks horrible, doesn't go together.  It also makes the person look like they are half invested in their avatar to put it nicely.  As I said earlier if you don't want to go mesh, all system or all mesh look the best.. Let me put it this way.. would a 70 year olds body look wonderful with a 22 year old head?

Ask the actors and actresses who are in their 70s and look like they might be in their 20s/30s. I'm in my 60s and most people think I'm in my 40s.

I know some folks who have mesh bodies and kept their system heads who look quite nice that way.  I also know people who switch to a mesh head and they don't look anything like their old selves and the new result is not as good as the old.  I rather prefer the continuity of keeping the old head until you can create a reasonable facsimile with the mesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If I have done or said anything to upset you, I want to apologize publicly. It wasn't intentional. I'd post this in the thread that prompted it but I'd rather stay out of that thread.

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral.

Like many of us here - I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of seeing threads being dragged down the pan towards a Linden Lock at a rate of three or four pages of bickering and back-and-forth per hour.

I was pretty damn restrained in my post on the now-closed thread, because behind the monitor I was seething and yelling profanities - to everyone involved in that bickering - about growing the f*** up, shutting the f*** up, and moving the f*** on. I've never seen anything like it, and I'm thisclose to being done with these forums because of it. I have enough stress going on in my life right now without coming here for a multi-page, multi-thread dose of it as well.

Yes, many of us are going stir-crazy from being shut in our homes, but seeing all of this unending, childish, petty bickering is making me feel like s**t. I've not seen the likes of what's been going on in some threads since I was in middle school.

I don't want apologies, whether they're merited or not. I just want people to STOP and remember that many of us are truly struggling, financially and emotionally. We've lost jobs. We've lost loved ones. We're all fighting our own battles.

BE F***ING KIND, ALL OF YOU.

Edited by Skell Dagger
Typo. Only one, for which I'm amazed, given how I'm feeing right now...
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 12

People price-gouging on safety equipment. I’ll pay it because I need replacement vapor mask filters for upcoming work to enter a competition that’s only held once every few years. I’m very grateful we can afford it, yes. but I resent it. A lot. I’ve been delaying doing any spray paint work because I was hoping supply would catch up and prices would settle back down but then the competition was announced suddenly and there’s no getting around it if I want to enter. Dammit, dammit. 

51 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral.

Like many of us here - I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of seeing threads being dragged down the pan towards a Linden Lock at a rate of three or four pages of bickering and back-and-forth per hour.

I was pretty damn restrained in my post on the now-closed thread, because behind the monitor I was seething and yelling profanities - to everyone involved in that bickering - about growing the f*** up, shutting the f*** up, and moving the f*** on. I've never seen anything like it, and I'm thisclose to being done with these forums because of it. I have enough stress going on in my life right now without coming here for a multi-page, multi-thread dose of it as well.

Yes, many of us are going stir-crazy from being shut in our homes, but seeing all of this unending, childish, petty bickering is making me feel like s**t. I've not seen the likes of what's been going on in some threads since I was in middle school.

I don't want apologies, whether they're merited or not. I just want people to STOP and remember that many of us are truly struggling, financially and emotionally. We've lost jobs. We've lost loved ones. We're all fighting our own battles.

I 100% agree. I understand people are bored and on edge, and for good reason, but SURELY people can think of something better to do then intentionally being obnoxious a**holes to get threads shut down is NOT a way to cure the boredom. Some of the threads I've seen being locked have been around for ages and I've seen the same activity happening here, I will admit if it happens to this thread I will be in the same boat you are and turn my back on the forums.

Things here are out of control since Shutdown and I understand that the forum mods are doing everything they can, but something has gotta change. Maybe give the thread creators light moderation tools to help keep the peace in the threads, maybe take volunteer mods ( I understand this was done before but maybe put them through a vigorous test or something to make sure they don't abuse their power.

Just now, MirandaBowers said:

Peeve: when my GPS doesn’t tell me to make the turn until after I’m already passing the street!! Like what does she want me to do at that point?

PresentWellmadeAurochs-size_restricted.g

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

People seem to like you post, yea, thank you for it even. I don't. :( You just added another foaming-around-the-mouth, "growing the f*** up, shutting the f*** up, and moving the f*** on", ranty post to the pile. 

BE F***ING KIND, YOU!

N.B. I don't flounce; but with this apparent new tone set for this thread, time for me to walk away too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Freddie Dallas said:

It is of my opinion that it looks horrible, doesn't go together.  It also makes the person look like they are half invested in their avatar to put it nicely.  As I said earlier if you don't want to go mesh, all system or all mesh look the best.. Let me put it this way.. would a 70 year olds body look wonderful with a 22 year old head?

Well, I'm going to disagree.   Mesh body w/ system head.

Da Vinci Gardens 2

20170711-Rezday Gift (pantsuit)

No post-processing on those pictures other than cropping.

• Like 11

Pet peeve of the day: I'm so tired of people who go to places like Magnum RC sandboxes and are just straight up douchebags by pushing your avie or spamming objects that cause massive lag for the sake of being edgy edgelords. Like. If you wanna talk about trolls, the majority of people I see who frequent them fit the description pretty well. 

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
Autocorrect issue.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Pet peeve of the day: I'm so tired of people who go to places like Magnum RC sandboxes and are just straight up douchebags by pushing your avie

IDK if this is the case for these people, but some, me included, walk around with Friends Only on because otherwise we lag so bad we can't move. So its very likely, unless they are doing just to be an *ss, that they can't see ya lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

IDK if this is the case for these people, but some, me included, walk around with Friends Only on because otherwise we lag so bad we can't move. So its very likely, unless they are doing just to be an *ss, that they can't see ya lol

No, it’s usually done intentionally. They purposely come over to cause trouble and have done such on several occasions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

Peeve: when my GPS doesn’t tell me to make the turn until after I’m already passing the street!! Like what does she want me to do at that point?

I'm still on the old "manual" version of this...it's called "a girlfriend"! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Pet peeve #1:

When someone asks what you're up to as part of the "hi how r u" dance, and you answer... and then six minutes later they ask that same question once more. 

Pet peeve #2:

When your brain skips a beat and you end up saying "I'm fine thanks, yourself?" even though you've already asked that question before.

Pet peeve #3: 

When both of the above happen within the space of 3 minutes and you realise just how close to the inevitable mental breakdown you are.

• Haha 5

• *shakes chat box* 
  • "I guess I killed the chat"
  • "interesting convo to log in to" 
  • all variations of the preceding bullet points ^ 
  • people who say "hey" to high volume goups for NO REASON
  • roleplay in group chats that aren't RP
  • people who can't grasp that multiple conversations are happening in a group chat
  • high volume conversations between two friends in group chats.
  • could this be an IM?
  • Yes?
  • Totally!
  • omg shut up 
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, missyrideout said:
  • *shakes chat box* 
  • "I guess I killed the chat"
  • "interesting convo to log in to" 
  • all variations of the preceding bullet points ^ 
  • people who say "hey" to high volume goups for NO REASON
  • roleplay in group chats that aren't RP
  • people who can't grasp that multiple conversations are happening in a group chat
  • high volume conversations between two friends in group chats.
  • could this be an IM?
  • Yes?
  • Totally!
  • omg shut up 

OH good. For a moment there I thought you were going to list doodling on the chat room walls. *goes back to doodling on the chat room walls*

• Haha 3

Major recent pet peeve:

Megalomaniac, megalithic companies that have apparently signed a monopoly deal with google to usurp any and all .gif files, and stick em behind an ad-wall for their own webhosting services, making it sheer impossible to link a cute Taylor Swift gif (and *just* the gif), without needing a degree in computer science to extract them. Grrrr.

41 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Major recent pet peeve:

Megalomaniac, megalithic companies that have apparently signed a monopoly deal with google to usurp any and all .gif files, and stick em behind an ad-wall for their own webhosting services, making it sheer impossible to link a cute Taylor Swift gif (and *just* the gif), without needing a degree in computer science to extract them. Grrrr.

https://tenor.com/official/taylorswift

• Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Major recent pet peeve:

Are you talking about this?

But Google’s GIF counterarguments are strong. The Mountain View company also points out that apps like Snapchat, Spotify, and Dropbox have enjoyed hundreds of millions of downloads on Android, which runs counter to the notion that Google is suppressing competition. Google has its own messaging, music, and cloud storage services, and yet its mobile platform is open enough to sustain more popular alternatives without a problem.

That's from a 2016 article.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/11/10/13584480/google-android-monopoly-eu-iphone

What Google is saying, in a nutshell, is that Android is too flexible and manipulable by the user to ever really be locked down and anti-competitive. Okay, so Samsung, LG, HTC, Huawei, and anyone else wanting to sell an Android phone is practically forced to ship it with Google apps on board. Is that really such a big deal if people can get their favored apps for free anyway? And moreover, Google makes the economic argument that "distributing products like Google Search together with Google Play permits us to offer our entire suite for free," so if you really like Google’s mobile apps and don’t want to pay extra for them, you should be happy with the status quo.

• Like 1

When someone creates an ad photo and they don't credit what is part of their outfit that they didn't design. Like I see those shoes, and I want them. Can you not put where you got them. Also bloggers who just credit their sponsors, I want to know where you got everything from.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.