What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Picky eaters who insist they don't care what you make for dinner.

You may serve me whatever you like, for as long as it's homemade Swedish meatballs with almond potatoes, brown sauce, pickled cucumbers and lingonberry jam. Nodnods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Orwar said:

You may serve me whatever you like, for as long as it's homemade Swedish meatballs with almond potatoes, brown sauce, pickled cucumbers and lingonberry jam. Nodnods.

I made some pickles but the Jam is from IKEA😉 The blackberries are not ripe yet and we have no lingonberries. Recipe for the meatballs, pretty please? I have one from my grandmother whose grandmother was Swedish but I’m betting it might be missing something. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Actually, no. On both counts. And why don't male artists get the same grief for writing bazillions of songs about how b!tches done did them wrong? And her last two albums have had quite a bit of sexual content. It might not be explicit, but it's there. 

And sometimes the misogyny in music is very specific. When I was very little, my dad had albums of Gilbert O'sullivan. There was a song about Mary, with this passage in it:

You see we had our very first quarrel today
I got really angry and I slapped her face
Now I'm sorry but what can I say
I love her so much
I can't think straight

That was considered normal back when. But I'm like:

Taylor-Swift-gif-238.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Once upon a time in a former WhatsApp group, one guy who was a cook posted the whole menu of the event he was catering art. Lots of inspiring, original and tasty stuff and a kids menu with fries and Schnitzel. Literally all boys in the group: "Ooooh, Schnitzel!" Lilly: "*facepalm*"

Lately, though, I'm noticing a burning love and desire for cookies among the guys I'm hanging out with. So... cookies?

7 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And sometimes the misogyny in music is very specific. When I was very little, my dad had albums of Gilbert O'sullivan. There was a song about Mary, with this passage in it:

You see we had our very first quarrel today
Now I'm sorry but what can I say
I love her so much
I can't think straight

That was considered normal back when. But I'm like:

Taylor-Swift-gif-238.gif

Well, now we know why he was alone again (naturally).

tenor-75215652.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Recipe for the meatballs, pretty please?

I'm afraid that's a family secret. Actually it's my personal secret as I've tinkered and improved upon the family recipe! 

But here's the general gist of it:

2 minutes ago, VaelFaye said:

I’ve never heard of that before. Is that exactly what it sounds like? 😮

It's a specific kind of potato that's commonly used here, I'm not sure how popular or available it is abroad - it's a small sort of potato which is very flavourful, and gets its name from being a bit almond-shaped.

potatis_mandel_56a79b15e087c32ea9a2a657.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

11 years in Sweden and I'd still only eat the meatballs from that!  😆

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That "a while back" was over a decade ago

Yeah, I was hoping people thought I was making an "original" joke! *fail*

19 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

To counter that, back in the day there was Lorena Bobbitt! (has to be a song about that somewhere).

12 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I'm afraid that's a family secret. Actually it's my personal secret as I've tinkered and improved upon the family recipe! 

But here's the general gist of it:

It's a specific kind of potato that's commonly used here, I'm not sure how popular or available it is abroad - it's a small sort of potato which is very flavourful, and gets its name from being a bit almond-shaped.

potatis_mandel_56a79b15e087c32ea9a2a657.

Ooh secrets! Well fair enough and thank you for the video. 🤣 Goodness knows this forum is no stranger to “special potatoes” so I think will be able to manage something, but I did find this: This variety is also known as "Swedish peanut fingerling" or "Mandel potato" . I predict cloudy with a chance of meatballs this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

To counter that, back in the day there was Lorena Bobbitt! (has to be a song about that somewhere).

I watched a docu-series about Lorena and John a few months ago on Amazon Prime. I learned a ton about the situation between the two of them that I had no clue about. I'm not saying John deserved to have his bits lobbed off, but there was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to the story including her allegations that he raped her that night. It's her word against his, but taken in context with everything known about him before and after the incident, I feel confident she was telling the truth.

It's 27 years after the slice heard 'round the world, and he's still sending her letters all the damn time asking her to take him back. He admits to it in the documentary, and she has piles of the letters as proof. There are just massive levels of WTF in the entire story, and the vast majority of it is due to him.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Often the people accusing others of being trolls are actually trolls themselves, and people still feed them. Sometimes people don't realise the damage that's being done, but the trolls sure as hell do.

Trolls - are they all narcissists too? Or demons in other forms. 

Nobody likes a troll.  But Really, the people bickering just now are not trolls, they are just cranky people who've been cooped up since March and are now quarreling incessantly.  Name Calling is not helping.  Yes, we all know trolls exist.  We see them get booted out on a regular basis. Everyone you disagree with is not a troll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm fully aware that I get up on my high horse sometimes. I might be up on him right now. A lot of us have high horses. The people mad at people for having high horses are way on up their on their own high horses. High horses everywhere! It's a herd of high horses. 

My high horse is more like a pony xD 

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Nobody likes a troll.  But Really, the people bickering just now are not trolls, they are just cranky people who've been cooped up since March and are now quarreling incessantly.  Name Calling is not helping.  Yes, we all know trolls exist.  We see them get booted out on a regular basis. Everyone you disagree with is not a troll.

yeahthat.gif.7d95caea71b0fbf9e427cd566ab5ed9a.gif

yourock.gif.7aff9ead10112221b5238eb2e554a950.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

To paraphrase the song: "You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you." 😍

Oh come on now 50% right… The potato part anyway😉

• Haha 2

Scammers.

They've started up a new attack wave, and they now have a 'busy' response that handwaves the big yellow debit warning box:

[15:08] [REDACTED]: (busy response): Hey, we are sending our items to some players, we just wanna your feedback! Don't worry about the warning in your screen, it's just a way to unbox the item in "no-script" lands! More info visit: http://www.catwa-clip.com/

To say that I'm LIVID right now would be an understatement.

• Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Scammers.

They've started up a new attack wave, and they now have a 'busy' response that handwaves the big yellow debit warning box:

To say that I'm LIVID right now would be an understatement.

If I have done or said anything to upset you, I want to apologize publicly. It wasn't intentional. I'd post this in the thread that prompted it but I'd rather stay out of that thread.

6 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Well, I have reached my limit.

I throw down my guns and I'm out of here again, until at least the end of the lockdown. 

It's been truly nice to know some of you. 

And do you know what - I'm under lock down too, and so far have managed to keep civil with other people. F*ck knows how. F*ck knows how. 

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why?

It is of my opinion that it looks horrible, doesn't go together.  It also makes the person look like they are half invested in their avatar to put it nicely.  As I said earlier if you don't want to go mesh, all system or all mesh look the best.. Let me put it this way.. would a 70 year olds body look wonderful with a 22 year old head?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.