What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I’m just saying if I wanted to troll that badly, I wouldn’t put so much effort into things. Most trolls don’t care period. Their whole m.o is to s**t post and get laughs out of it. People don’t like me here. I get it. 

My point was, I don't know you so I can't know if I like you or not, therefore, you couldn't possibly know either. You're judging me without cause. II don't know you, therefore I don't know if you are likable or not. Do I not deserve the same respect?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

My point was, I don't know you so I can't know if I like you or not, therefore, you couldn't possibly know either. You're judging me without cause. II don't know you, therefore I don't know if you are likable or not. Do I not deserve the same respect?

Ok. 

Edited by Ashlyn Voir

1 hour ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Giving you the same negative energy. ❤️

Ashlyn,I mean no disrespect when I ask this,but if you don't like this forum or the people in it,or don't care what people think about you...why do you keep coming back? Why not spend time with people you do like or doing things you enjoy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

Ashlyn,I mean no disrespect when I ask this,but if you don't like this forum or the people in it,or don't care what people think about you...why do you keep coming back? Why not spend time with people you do like or doing things you enjoy?

No, it’s cool I get what you’re saying. Only reason I came back is to share my photos and I always get met with disrespect, so I mean it is what it is. And, I don’t do Flickr anymore so this was the next thing to get some views or likes on my photos but it is what it is. 

Ok so I was decorating on a sky platform on my parcel. I accidentally flown a bit passed the border and I was immediately banned from my neighbour's parcel.

To immediately put someone on your ban list for crossing borders in the sky (in addition to ejecting), without even so much as a one second warning to get out of there? That's a bit much.

• Like 6

Ashlyn you are welcome here, that's it! plain and simple.
You have just posted some reasonably humble comments and that is all it takes to be respected.
Don't stress about anything and realise that I have no reason to hate you or disrespect you.
it's surprisingly common for some to think they're not part of an "elite club" or something like that.

There is no elite forum club whatsoever and never has been.
Chill and laugh sweet.
That's what the forums are for. ☺️     

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Wait, let's focus on the real, actual pressing issue here. There's a user called britbong?

I don't know why, but that just strikes me as so 90s. Do they wear a Union Jack minidress?

Maybe. But figured more a Brit like this one.

250?cb=20111109203454

• Haha 2

A pet peeve I've been encountering more often recently: merchants who've decided the best option for delivering 10 color variations of a single item is to give you a folder with 10 different boxed subfolders, each of which contains one color for the standard mesh body types. Guess what? Nobody has all the standard mesh body types. Rather then making us unbox 10 separate folders to get all the colors for our specific body, how about organizing your subfolders by body type rather than color? Or, y'know, make a color change HUD?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

No, it’s cool I get what you’re saying. Only reason I came back is to share my photos and I always get met with disrespect, so I mean it is what it is. And, I don’t do Flickr anymore so this was the next thing to get some views or likes on my photos but it is what it is. 

I guarantee you that the low number of likes you get on your pictures have nothing to do with your pictures themselves. If you have just posted pictures and never commented on anything, you would be getting plenty of likes. But a like is just that, something people like, and if you give people a reason not TP like you, they are not going to like your picture either. I notice that often my pictures will average out to have a few less likes than the ones before and after it. So I know some people have scrolled by, and likes the picture before mine and after and chosen not to like mine. That's fine, Whatever their reasons are I can't worry about it, but I know I have from time ti time made snarky comments that pissed people off. Maybe they blocked me and so didn't even see my picture.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, MissNomer Gothly said:

A pet peeve I've been encountering more often recently: merchants who've decided the best option for delivering 10 color variations of a single item is to give you a folder with 10 different boxed subfolders, each of which contains one color for the standard mesh body types. Guess what? Nobody has all the standard mesh body types. Rather then making us unbox 10 separate folders to get all the colors for our specific body, how about organizing your subfolders by body type rather than color? Or, y'know, make a color change HUD?

oh boy. I haven't run across this one yet (apparently I need to do more shopping) but that would put me right off that store! What a pain in the butt!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... until it's time again for racial slurs and death wishes of the most unappetizing kind. 😄

mmhmm. And the reason for not "doing Flickr anymore" is because she was banned. Why? Because she took copyrighted SL images (mine and others) without permission, posted them on her own page and then wrote some really horrendous slurs and wishes about them (some of the slurs/wishes other people got were truly evil and psychotic). I just got abused for having an "ugly avatar" which amused me to no end, like that was supposed to enrage me? Flickr, to their credit, reacted fairly quickly and banned. The DMCA takes longer... Let's see, yes, then there are the ugly, personal, inworld IMs. The give back what they got? Hahahaha. I started out not knowing of this person and made a mild, respectful comment and then that unleashed all sorts of ugly crap in reply including the aforementioned Flickr thing, all within a matter of minutes. I have witnessed the same thing happen to others only much worse. The incessant insults on various threads. The claims of racial bigotry, which is mind boggling since the avatar appears white and no one knows what the race of the person is and then she changes her own non-SL account names to show as ugly racial slurs (wtf?). The claims of it is impossible to be a troll if you spend money on an avatar are also mind boggling in their crazy logic... trolling makes a troll, not the avatar appearance.

I have been reading for many, many months about how many cares are not given, how the Forum all sucks, how they are done, yada boring yada. "So leave s'ready" is my thought.

In general, as far as likes go in this Forum (all threads), my reasons vary greatly from thread to thread. I'm pretty generous with them in the photo threads, more so than I would be in Flickr. Text threads vary as well. If I've been slightly miffed at someone, I cool off and will still like their posts. If someone has been an as*hole with me then I don't care if they are a combination of MotherTeresaa,  Da Vince and Shakespeare, they get no likes from me. I used to give several chances, but a long history on the Forum dealing with as*holes has left me with a shrug and eff-em attitude.

And Lillith, sorry about the long rant here attached to your short comment! Ha, I didn't know I was going to but once started ... :)

Edited by Seicher Rae
to clarify they were SL images, some of which were posted in the forum
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.