What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

And not to link to a full version is a marketplace violation I believe...

Emma :)

I never knew that - I don't have an MP store and haven't read all of the listing guidelines in detail.  Nice to know.  I'll definitely start reporting the ones that I come across that are not linked to the full version item.

• Like 1

People who assign sexuality to clothing and complaining about the lack of clothing options for "guys who like girls, not guys who like guys".

People who claim their right to hAvInG tHeIr oPiNiOnSs when tossing out slurs and epithets.  Then get defensive when called out on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

"guys who like girls, not guys who like guys"

Psssst... hey, guys who like girls... we girls like it better when you dress like guys who like guys. Like, you know, clean, with sleeves and stuff. Not wife-beaters with last night's dinner crusted all over it... just sayin'...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I don't know if I would call this a pet peeve or what ...

User: "Can I save a copy of my mesh body shape applier for use with BOM?"

ummm ... what?!
Yeah, we are going to need to work on vocabulary to find out what they really want.  Only problem is all the "helpful" people start chiming in.  What the user really needs to hear is being eaten by chat.

error.png.7972b20203bb1560b259803b82cec93e.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Politics, there's my one an only friend in California who is a rabid Trump supporter, then there is my sister who is a rabid Rachel Maddow fan.  Neither one of them will listen to me when I say I don't want to talk about it, when I tell them that it makes me ill to follow what's going on too closely, when I put my fingers in my ears and sing lalalala, They are both so convinced that if they just give me a few more links to follow they can convince me of I'm not sure what exactly since I tune them out.... and just wait for them to run out of steam and then I try to change the subject, not always successfully.

My current pet peeve is people who keep hammering at MM boards without bothering to see if their letter is up, so your computer screen is filled with "Hello (idiot)! We're looking for someone whose name begins with (--)! Your name begins with (--). Please try again!" I'm positive more than a few do it on purpose, but for what purpose, who knows.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

My current pet peeve is people who keep hammering at MM boards without bothering to see if their letter is up, so your computer screen is filled with "Hello (idiot)! We're looking for someone whose name begins with (--)! Your name begins with (--). Please try again!" I'm positive more than a few do it on purpose, but for what purpose, who knows.

I know it isn't really funny, but envisioning it made me chuckle.

Back in the day when Lucky chair/board/whatever were more popular, many people would do that "just in case" because the letter had not rezzed for them yet.  My guess is that is still the reason - the letter isn't rezzing fast enough for the person and they really, really want whatever the prize is.  I like the ones that announce the new letter in local chat, as that does help eliminate that problem a bit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I know it isn't really funny, but envisioning it made me chuckle.

Back in the day when Lucky chair/board/whatever were more popular, many people would do that "just in case" because the letter had not rezzed for them yet.  My guess is that is still the reason - the letter isn't rezzing fast enough for the person and they really, really want whatever the prize is.  I like the ones that announce the new letter in local chat, as that does help eliminate that problem a bit.

Oh, I know, I've been guilty of rushing to click on a board before the letter had fully finished rezzing. Maybe not on all the boards, as was the case this morning with more than one person. 

I like the ones that announce a new letter too, it'd be great if they all did that!

37 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

Oh, I know, I've been guilty of rushing to click on a board before the letter had fully finished rezzing. Maybe not on all the boards, as was the case this morning with more than one person. 

I like the ones that announce a new letter too, it'd be great if they all did that!

It would be better for those who have only one or two out but then there are those who have 10 or so. Not only would it be confusing it could flood chat. So maybe not all of them. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It would be better for those who have only one or two out but then there are those who have 10 or so. Not only would it be confusing it could flood chat. So maybe not all of them. lol

True :) And it's the stores with a lot of boards where you get the people who hit them all multiple times without bothering to check if it's their letter. Oh well 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

ding ding [ChattyGroup]: "How is everyone tonight?"

Well, I can close this out while I'm busy tonight.  /me closes chat group

ding ding [ChattyGroup]: "Doing great.  I just came back from Super Shoppers!"

I must have hit the wrong button.  /me closes group chat

ding ding [Chatty Group]: "Ooo, anything good there?"

ARRGH.
/me types "what does it take to close a group chat?!

[error] Unable to start chat with group ChattyGroup.  Please try again later.

At least it finally closed the chat window for me ...

ding ding

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think my biggest pet peeve is how everything in SL and RL is about sex, basically everyone is hypersexualized. I feel like the black sheep, as I am Asexual, I don't find any fun or pleasure out of sex in SL or RL. But I am looked at as weird, or that I am trying to shove sex underground. No, I just think that we don't need to oversexualize everything. SL and RL is not just about sex.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm finally giving in and blocking people.  When my mood is better, I may unblock them - we'll see.

weirdly other than spammers I had only ever blocked one person before.  I unblocked recently and oh what a mistake that was.  They just got their spot back

• Like 2

Oh I love to block people.  Less stress for me and no temptation to argue when I know that most arguing is not likely to change anyone's mind, and most likely to promote rancor and unhappiness, things I don't need in my life. Of course it does tend to leave me clueless when everyone around me is all upset.

image.png.f0284d29af668b32963c97901d394c07.png

Edited by kali Wylder
edited to add caveat
  • Like 3

Is it not annoying? I understand that you still see a box for their comments, just now with a big sign saying "THERE IS STUFF HERE YOU CAN'T SEE" or words to that effect. I'd rather just ignore someone. It's difficult sometimes to resist the bait but I don't think a big sign saying, "BAIT HERE VISIBLE TO EVERYONE BUT YOU" would be much easier.  Plus I understand you still see what they say when someone quotes them. I think the only time I'd block would be if they were bothering me directly with IMs, but that's never happened.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Is it not annoying? I understand that you still see a box for their comments, just now with a big sign saying "THERE IS STUFF HERE YOU CAN'T SEE" or words to that effect. I'd rather just ignore someone. It's difficult sometimes to resist the bait but I don't think a big sign saying, "BAIT HERE VISIBLE TO EVERYONE BUT YOU" would be much easier.  Plus I understand you still see what they say when someone quotes them. I think the only time I'd block would be if they were bothering me directly with IMs, but that's never happened.

No, I don't think it does that.  I'm sure I would have noticed if it did.  I'm not about to search for people I have blocked to check it for you.

Yes you do see them when they are quoted, but that doesn't happen that often.  I just looked up my blocked people and there are only 5 so far, 3 of them I think may have been one time/one thread posters, at any rate I cannot remember who they are or why I blocked them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.