What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

36 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Okay this just happened to me, when the only way you can get rid of certain things on a worn object is by purchasing the fatpack. Like what the hell? So I can only get rid of these stars on my hair, if I buy the fatpack?

That has to be the new lowest-of-the-low a creator can stoop to in order to twist your arm into throwing money at them, wow. If something like that if this is not described in pre-sales information you may have a complaint for Linden Lab about the product being different from what is advertised (I don't know, though you do.) Sounds like a "ceaveat" review to me.

Along the purchased-items line, among my pet peeves are all those stupid scripts and animations included that have *nothing* to do with the product. No, I refuse to "add" your box as an attachment, no I do not want you to unpack it for me; no I dod not want to join your group, no I do NOT WANT YOU TO ANIMATE ME. Now I hate you for making me select and delete all this irrelevant garbage you included in your box. To those of you who create a simple prim box that is set to just "Open" on click using the system as it is designed? Kudos to you.

• Like 5

What I prefer is to add the item, it attaches a small prim to the HUD and unpacks itself (minus the script because yes you can do that) then detaches itself.  No group join, no flcker links, no massive view blocking HUD, nothing like that.  AND INCLUDE A PIC, PLEASE!  I know they have a pic, it's on the side of the box.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That has to be the new lowest-of-the-low a creator can stoop to in order to twist your arm into throwing money at them, wow. If something like that if this is not described in pre-sales information you may have a complaint for Linden Lab about the product being different from what is advertised (I don't know, though you do.) Sounds like a "ceaveat" review to me.

Along the purchased-items line, among my pet peeves are all those stupid scripts and animations included that have *nothing* to do with the product. No, I refuse to "add" your box as an attachment, no I do not want you to unpack it for me; no I dod not want to join your group, no I do NOT WANT YOU TO ANIMATE ME. Now I hate you for making me select and delete all this irrelevant garbage you included in your box. To those of you who create a simple prim box that is set to just "Open" on click using the system as it is designed? Kudos to you.

Another one that gets me, is when these people insert an auto subscriber script inside the box you have to rez. So you basically rez out the box, and essentially are now part of their subscription list. I don't mind HUD unpackers, just please just have it where i click an unpack item button and get my item. Not add all these extra steps inbetween

Edited by halebore Aeon

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

and essentially are not part of their subscription list.

I could go for that part of it.  I hate subscriber lists.

I prefer to just get whatever it is in a simple box, rez it on the ground, copy the parts I want into inventory, and toss the rest, including the box.

5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Another one that gets me, is when these people insert an auto subscriber script inside the box you have to rez. So you basically rez out the box, and essentially are not part of their subscription list. I don't mind HUD unpackers, just please just have it where i click an unpack item button and get my item. Not add all these extra steps inbetween

Yes, and I have the section of TOS that describes spamming others copied into a notecard and when I get those messages I usually IM the creator and let them know the offense and to remove me from their list - all but one has, the remaining one I simply muted. Ugh... what some people will do in underhanded ways to make an extra penny in SL.

@Rhonda Huntress - the reason I hate auto-unpackers is because it just dumps the contents into the top-level of my inventory and many creators use funky folder names; I want the control to put things where I want them to be. The reason I never attach (box or HUD) is because I hate the way they animate me with cheap, garbage animations (meaning that when the box/HUD is detached the animation is now *stuck* and I have to manually disable it). Yes, I know - it asks permission first and I always say no. But sometimes they don't ask. I speak only for myself, of course. :)

I'll be happy when someone finally figures out a way to unpack directly to the main folder I would be moving it to anyway. 

Why doesn't clothing go into the Clothes folder?

Why don't body parts go into the Body Parts folder?

Why do new folders created when unpacking always end up having to be moved by hand into the main folder they belong in?

When we buy something it goes directly into the Objects folder so I know it can't be that hard to code and "half the work" is already done.

The day I can unpack something I purchased and be able to direct it to the main folder I want it in (like so many other programs do)... oh wait... I almost forgot... this is SL. It's never going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'll be happy when someone finally figures out a way to unpack directly to the main folder I would be moving it to anyway. 

Why doesn't clothing go into the Clothes folder?

Why don't body parts go into the Body Parts folder?

Why do new folders created when unpacking always end up having to be moved by hand into the main folder they belong in?

When we buy something it goes directly into the Objects folder so I know it can't be that hard to code and "half the work" is already done.

The day I can unpack something I purchased and be able to direct it to the main folder I want it in (like so many other programs do)... oh wait... I almost forgot... this is SL. It's never going to happen.

Catznip viewer actually allows this. You can setup "received items folders" and any time you receive inventory from any source, you can choose where that inventory goes (just select the folder where you want it) and in the case of unpacking from another object, the default option is into the same folder as the object you're unpacking. Seriously, people should look at the features of Catznip that are not in any other viewer (though this feature should be in all, including and especially the LL viewer. it's no-brainer "Duh" feature.)

To clarify: that received folder can be ANY folder in your inventory, including system folders (except the trash folder LOL)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, and I have the section of TOS that describes spamming others copied into a notecard and when I get those messages I usually IM the creator and let them know the offense and to remove me from their list - all but one has, the remaining one I simply muted. Ugh... what some people will do in underhanded ways to make an extra penny in SL.

Well don't go to Gacha Garden, some of the vendors puts you in the Gacha Garden Subscriber list. Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Well don't go to Gacha Garden, some of the vendors puts you in the Gacha Garden Subscriber list. Lol

YES! Too late, that happened like six months ago on an alt, then started getting their spam. Remember I said all but one creator removed me from their list? Three guesses on which is the one and the first two guesses don't count. LOL The "Block" option can be a Godsend sometimes.

20 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Another one that gets me, is when these people insert an auto subscriber script inside the box you have to rez. So you basically rez out the box, and essentially are now part of their subscription list.

Some of the things i've bought lately have included a subscriber script before you are allowed to accept the item you're trying to unpack you have to select yes or no to being part of the store's subscriber list if don't pay attention to the blue dialogue you can end up in a list you wouldn't have clicked on in store

9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

YES! Too late, that happened like six months ago on an alt, then started getting their spam. Remember I said all but one creator removed me from their list? Three guesses on which is the one and the first two guesses don't count. LOL The "Block" option can be a Godsend sometimes.

No I got put in the actual Gacha Garden Subscription list. And somehow me asking 3-4 times over 5-6 months. Constitutes as Harassment. Like these people gave me the wraparound the whole time. To the point where I got banned from the group, for supposed harassment. Oh, and did I get assistance? Nope, I got ignored most of the time, but when they actually did get to me. I got told to go to this sim, that would help me unsubscribe. Turns out they just sent me to someone's private land, owned by the same person who runs Gacha Gardens. After asking the final time, I got a message from the owner, that she took me off the list, and that I am being banned for harassment, and that it was creating an uncomfortable environment for the people in the group. At which point in time, I basically said to her. So asking 3-4 times over 5-6 months is classified as harassment. Yeah long story short, I don't go there anymore.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Catznip viewer actually allows this. You can setup "received items folders" and any time you receive inventory from any source, you can choose where that inventory goes (just select the folder where you want it) and in the case of unpacking from another object, the default option is into the same folder as the object you're unpacking. Seriously, people should look at the features of Catznip that are not in any other viewer (though this feature should be in all, including and especially the LL viewer. it's no-brainer "Duh" feature.)

To clarify: that received folder can be ANY folder in your inventory, including system folders (except the trash folder LOL)

I already have a received items folder for the MP. That isn't what I am talking about. I'm not interested in having to learn yet another viewer. I'm happy with Firestorm. I don't want everything going to the same folder. I would just have to move it to the one I want it in just as I have to do now. That defeats the whole purpose.

A dropdown that lists all of the main folders (not Inventory or Library) so that I can chose where it goes each and every time I unpack a box.

Fair warning: I am subject to come unglued on the next person that advertises Catznip to me. I don't want it. Stop trying to foist it off on me. I know what my needs are. You do not. It is that simple.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

What I prefer is to add the item, it attaches a small prim to the HUD and unpacks itself (minus the script because yes you can do that) then detaches itself.  No group join, no flcker links, no massive view blocking HUD, nothing like that.  AND INCLUDE A PIC, PLEASE!  I know they have a pic, it's on the side of the box.

I once asked a vendor to include pics in the box and they exuded on me.  I have no idea why it's such a ridiculous thing to ask.  Simply include the ad or MP listing pic.

When you have 10s of 1000s of clothing items spanning 13 years, there's no way I'm going to remember how something looks.

23 minutes ago, Adriana Ulich said:

I once asked a vendor to include pics in the box and they exuded on me.  I have no idea why it's such a ridiculous thing to ask.  Simply include the ad or MP listing pic.

When you have 10s of 1000s of clothing items spanning 13 years, there's no way I'm going to remember how something looks.

You could do your own snaps and keep them in a folder on your desktop rather than paying to upload. Just a suggestion. A bit of a PITA but for some worth doing. I happen to agree that all creators, regardless of what they create, should include an image of the creation with the product. Humans are visual beings. That won't change as long as we have eyes and a brain.

44 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

A dropdown that lists all of the main folders (not Inventory or Library) so that I can chose where it goes each and every time I unpack a box.

Sighs. You did not even try to comprehend what I wrote? Because it's precisely this; you have literally described what it does. Either way, as I have always said to everyone: you have to choose your priorities because you usually cannot have your cake and eat it, too. So go ahead, choose to have the cake. I'm enjoying the taste. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

1) A group chat window pops up without me noticing and accidentally carry on a private conversation with a group of strangers. Bonus points if it's of an intimate nature.

2) Trying to locate a function feature in a viewer someone suggested I try as a solution to a problem I had, only to realize that it's specific to Firestorm (and of course, nonexistent in the Linden viewer).

13 hours ago, anniepany said:

Partnered men who IM you and try to start a conversation with you. DO NOT IM ME if you are partnered. 

I always chat with them, it's not always them hitting on you. Though when they do, I often throw it back in their laps: "How does [partnered person's name] feel about this? Will they be there? If they are okay with it then have them IM me and let me know. Or rather, I'll make it easy, I'll just go ahead and IM them right now and ask..."

10 hours ago, Pandora Zsun said:

Not really sure it's a pet peeve. But when I'm excitedly trying on new clothes, and I try and detach one of my outfits without realizing I've detached either my body or took my skybox by accident lol. Happens waaay to much to me xDD.

Edit your skybox and LOCK IT in place LOL Because been there, done that, not enough fingers and toes on the continent to count how many times.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I always chat with them, it's not always them hitting on you. Though when they do, I often throw it back in their laps: "How does [partnered person's name] feel about this? Will they be there? If they are okay with it then have them IM me and let me know. Or rather, I'll make it easy, I'll just go ahead and IM them right now and ask..."

Edit your skybox and LOCK IT in place LOL Because been there, done that, not enough fingers and toes on the continent to count how many times.

Yup.. deleted my skybox, ground cabin so often it’s not funny. I sit there, screaming “ noooo” at my screen. 

On 8/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

AND INCLUDE A PIC, PLEASE!  I know they have a pic, it's on the side of the box.

Agreed... and it's especially useful for those of us using Catznip, with its Inventory image previewer: just hover the pointer over a texture in Inventory for a moment and you get a handy paint-swatch image at the mouse location.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, Selene Gregoire said:

Fair warning: I am subject to come unglued on the next person that advertises Catznip to me. I don't want it. Stop trying to foist it off on me. I know what my needs are. You do not. It is that simple.

Lucky for you, you have me blocked. 

(For all I know, Firestorm may have the same feature. I fired-up my Firestorm-using alt and didn't see it, but the settings are a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.)

Edited by Qie Niangao
(clarify that the preview is of in-Inventory textures)
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.