What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Events made to cater towards men's fashion in Second Life - whose content, every time, consists to 80% of poses, tattoos and unisex accessories.

This is Part one  of why I've basically stopped going to some of the shopping events  I used to. The second is my own pet peeve:

Events that have a theme  but  the  Coordinators  didn't even attempt to do their job and thus the items are like  90% off theme  poses, tattoos and unisex accessories and 10% the same dress you've seen  ten times already. You know the one.  The low-cut one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

S/O events, I love camming around a themed event and seeing things that are completely off theme. Don’t know why I get such a kick out of it. It’ll be all: cowboy hat, cute country dress, some hay and a pitchfork, cyborg arm, a barn backdrop. It makes me wonder if the creator missed the memo!

• Like 1

I actually don't have a lot of pet peeves, and this isn't really one -- it's more a "I can't believe I did that again."

When you log-in at "Last Location," assuming that it's going to be one place, but you've forgotten what you were doing last night, and you watch with utter horror as the screen slooooooooowly loads a place that you never ever ever want to see again and that you're mortified you ever visited in the first place what were you thinking? yet OMG here you are again because you were so anxious to get the hell out of it last night that you logged straight off while still there rather than even waiting to go home first and I hope to god there's no one who will actually see me rezzing there.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

yet OMG here you are again because you were so anxious to get the hell out of it last night that you logged straight off while still there rather than even waiting to go home first and I hope to god there's no one there who will actually see me rezzing there.

and wearing that dress.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I actually don't have a lot of pet peeves, and this isn't really one -- it's more a "I can't believe I did that again."

When you log-in at "Last Location," assuming that it's going to be one place, but you've forgotten what you were doing last night, and you watch with utter horror as the screen slooooooooowly loads a place that you never ever ever want to see again and that you're mortified you ever visited in the first place what were you thinking? yet OMG here you are again because you were so anxious to get the hell out of it last night that you logged straight off while still there rather than even waiting to go home first and I hope to god there's no one who will actually see me rezzing there.

Ok this one made me literally LOL at my desk. I hate when this happens!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My version of the OMG-I-can't-believe-I-did-that moment is the one in which i decide to change outfits and click Mermaid instead of Medium Blue Skirt and Sweater, which is just above it alphabetically. It's not exactly a pet peeve moment as much as a dope slap one, followed by a quick jab at the Home button.  Just Me and Light Pink Sun Dress work the same way.  Not that it has ever happened .....

• Haha 5

On 7/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, Selene Gregoire said:

Asking a simple yes or no question in a group and being told to go read a blog post. It takes more time and effort to type out "go read the blog post" than it does to type yes or no ffs. 9_9

As it turns out, the answer to my question was "no". I even had to read all but the last paragraph to find that info. I had to read stuff that didn't really pertain to my question. Thanks for the help. :S

Oh and that last paragraph was one sentence. :/

Edited by Selene Gregoire

8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:
On 7/16/2019 at 2:41 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Asking a simple yes or no question in a group and being told to go read a blog post. It takes more time and effort to type out "go read the blog post" than it does to type yes or no ffs. 9_9

As it turns out, the answer to my question was "no". I even had to read all but the last paragraph to find that info. I had to read stuff that didn't really pertain to my question. Thanks for the help. :S

Oh and that last paragraph was one sentence. :/

The source of the pet peeve (see inner quote) is in another post? Didn’t see anything the original referred to. We are entering the world of MetaPetPeeves!

Pretty much everything going on in this thread.

• "Someone else should pay for this thing I enjoy; because my self interests matter but no one else's do!"
  • "My thing deserves special treatment because it's better than yours!"
  • "I had no part in the creation of this thing but I'm going to act like it's mine and get hyper-defensive towards it!"
  • "I'm going to reply to every single post in this thread with an inane non-statement because I'm important!"
  • "Valid criticism surely can't be real, you must be slinging mud! Haters!"
  • "This is art; and I appreciate this art because I'm a better person than you!"
  • "You're only allowed to discuss the things I want with the positive opinions that I allow, or you're off topic!"
  • "Have you heard of this thing called 'posting multiple photos in one post'? Yeah me neither!"

Like... jeez. I feel like I need to wash my hands just from reading that trainwreck of a thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.