What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Grinds-my-gears.jpg

Creators who throw in unnecessary no-copy permissions into their copy no-transfer product.

Examples that I've suffered lately:

• The product itself is copy, but the vendor ad/notecard is no-copy, so the box as a whole becomes no-copy
  • The product is copy/mod but with next owner permissions set to no-copy/no-mod
  • The main product is fine but one of the linked objects is set to next owner no-copy/no-mod, so you can't actually fix the problem

This gets under my skin pretty badly; there's just no reason to do it, and it's just pure annoyance for me (with an added dose of false advertising).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

People who try and dictate what you can post in "their" thread

People who can't keep the discussion to the forum and send abusive im's in world or pm's here

I logged in yesterday morning with the specific purpose of blocking inworld for that reason. 

I'm also finding it a bit odd that nothing has been done in the past 48 hours. It's almost as if he knows he can get away with it. 

Frankly, this isn't the only forum that reeks of favoritism by mods.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I logged in yesterday morning with the specific purpose of blocking inworld for that reason. 

I'm also finding it a bit odd that nothing has been done in the past 48 hours. It's almost as if he knows he can get away with it. 

Frankly, this isn't the only forum that reeks of favoritism by mods.

I have him blocked, is he still posting here??? Or is there someone else?

51 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

I have him blocked, is he still posting here??? Or is there someone else?

Not that I've seen today. I'll be blocking him on the forum if he comes back here.

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The thread in question is gone now, is it not?

It was the weirdest thread ever . . . it felt odd right from the outset.

It was still there this morning. *goes to look*

ETA: Nope. It's gone. They must have deleted it in the past half hour or so which is about right time wise. It's 9:20 AM now.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The thread in question is gone now, is it not?

It was the weirdest thread ever . . . it felt odd right from the outset.

It’s gone. You try to give people the benefit of the doubt though, with English not being everyone’s first language, no way to pick up on subtle cues, etc. But you’re right it was kinda weird from the beginning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

It’s gone. You try to give people the benefit of the doubt though, with English not being everyone’s first language, no way to pick up on subtle cues, etc. But you’re right it was kinda weird from the beginning.

The topic was interesting enough, although god knows one that we've addressed before (endlessly). It's the kind of thread I might usually contribute to . . . but this one made me uneasy, even before it went completely south. Something about his tone, I think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The topic was interesting enough, although god knows one that we've addressed before (endlessly). It's the kind of thread I might usually contribute to . . . but this one made me uneasy, even before it went completely south. Something about his tone, I think.

His "tone" in the OP is what made the thread go south. It stunk to high heaven of narcissism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You mean his condescending “yeah, yeah, kewl, kewl, kewl....but you’re wrong.” Kind of responses? Then he would go on to take your response and respond to some one else who said the opposite of what you said?

classic troll moves....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You mean his condescending “yeah, yeah, kewl, kewl, kewl....but you’re wrong.” Kind of responses? Then he would go on to take your response and respond to some one else who said the opposite of what you said?

classic troll moves....

And, “fun!”

On 6/11/2019 at 12:43 PM, AyelaNewLife said:

As it happened to me yet again; people who open an IM by saying "hi" or the suchlike, and then go offline within 2-3 minutes. I'm not talking about freak coincidental disconnects, I'm talking about people who start a conversation and then immediately go offline for the day. 

That rustles me.

This has happened to me another three times since I posted this. It's a plague. 

When the revolution comes, these people will be the first to the gulag.

In the same vein are the people that contact you only to take 10-15 mins to respond...every. Time. So a simple “Hi, how are you?” conversation turns into an hour long thing. When you finally close the box they respond again two minutes later.

The internet has become a tabbed out culture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.