Complimenting RP Lure's, but not accepting them

IvyLarae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just simply wondering if anyone else has been having this problem lately of it its just me

So I've been trying to find RP these last couple days, So I'll post a lure in the sims group to see if anyone will accept the invitation and post something back towards me

However the last few times I've tried, all I've gotten is compliments on how well my writing is, that my lure is very nice, etc etc. I don't want to be rude to these people so when they IM me or respond in the group with these compliments, so I always say thank you, but it always leaves me a little annoyed. Now I understand theirs the chance these people are already busy so I'm not mad about that at all, its just frustrating that I put a lot of thought and work into these lure's and all they seem to get is just compliments but no bites to actually RP with me

Has anyone else had this issue???

47 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Most of the time RP groups are for OOC communications (planning, general chat, etc), not RP, so that may be why. All of the RP sims and groups I have belonged to in the past have been that way.

I've always posted lures in these groups, they've always encouraged it

I'm struggling to find immersive, situational RP in SL these days, but in my last time round, I remember that those groups really were intended for OOC communication. You might have said something like, "I'm about to try to break into the safe in the bank if any police want to come and stop me" or whatever, and see if anyone came to join in the RP. But actual RP in the group chat wasn't encouraged. It either led to RP within the group chat, which was intended for other discussions, or it caused a IC/OOC blurring that generally didn't go well.

If that's not how it is any more, and lure RP is encouraged in the groups, then I guess people are saying they're impressed with your RP but won't be joining it at this point. In which case I guess all you can do is go OOC and ask people what you can do that will persuade them to join you. Maybe they'd be inclined to join if you set up a slightly different scene?

I'm coming to the conclusion that, for whatever reason, SL numbers are just much, much lower than they were a few years ago, and RP has been affected accordingly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, Amina Sopwith said:

I'm struggling to find immersive, situational RP in SL these days, but in my last time round, I remember that those groups really were intended for OOC communication. You might have said something like, "I'm about to try to break into the safe in the bank if any police want to come and stop me" or whatever, and see if anyone came to join in the RP. But actual RP in the group chat wasn't encouraged. It either led to RP within the group chat, which was intended for other discussions, or it caused a IC/OOC blurring that generally didn't go well.

If that's not how it is any more, and lure RP is encouraged in the groups, then I guess people are saying they're impressed with your RP but won't be joining it at this point. In which case I guess all you can do is go OOC and ask people what you can do that will persuade them to join you. Maybe they'd be inclined to join if you set up a slightly different scene?

I'm coming to the conclusion that, for whatever reason, SL numbers are just much, much lower than they were a few years ago, and RP has been affected accordingly. 

Yes, SL numbers are much lower than they used to be and RP is very different then what it used to be years ago. Plus some people are just picky about who they are willing to rp with no matter how good the lure might be. Some groups and sims are very clicky as in if you are not an original or a long-term member of the group you will probably be ignored. which means time to find another group or sim or if you have the courage time and money, start your own.

In today's sl groups unless the group specifically says ooc only in the group charter expect that some rp will happen in the group, and expect that some people will be ooc in the group even during any rp in the group.  search for and join the nanite systems user group, you will see this happen often even though they do have an ooc group and a ic group for their sim and products. rp happens in the user group and sometimes even starts in the ooc group then is moved about to the user group or local or pm.

2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

even starts in the ooc group then is moved about to the user group or local or pm.

Key word there being "moved" and is as it should be. Even though starting RP in an OOC group should never happen, when the RP moves (and moves quickly) to the proper medium then it can be overlooked. 

28 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Key word there being "moved" and is as it should be. Even though starting RP in an OOC group should never happen, when the RP moves (and moves quickly) to the proper medium then it can be overlooked. 

Oh, it is not often moved quickly, it will sometimes stay in the ooc group chat for a while until someone, either a mod or not mention it might better belong in one of the other groups and even that sometimes doesn't happen. the ns groups are pretty strange in how they operate they don't really follow any normal rp conventions at times. the user group is often thought by new members to be an ic only group when it's not, its an ic and ooc and support group. a real hodgepodge of what goes on in that group. you will find people both in and ooc in that group at times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.