ao combinations

kendall420

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like the NirAO by the maker of the Black Dragon Viewer NiranV Dean.  It loads with a note card but can use an Oracul formatted card with it and that was the AO I used back in the day so was easy for me.   

It's also server side so once you load it and turn it on you can detach the AO and the animations still work normally.  You have to wear it just once each login.  It doesn't have a lot of fancy extras but it's a good basic AO with no script usage once loaded and it's free. 

I use the FS AO on FS but I use Catznip sometimes and NirAO works great with it.

Edited by Amanda Dallin
Edited to make clear you have to wear it once each login.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:29 PM, Alyona Su said:

The fastest way to copy from an AO into your inventory is don't bother editing it. Rez it on the ground, right-click and choose OPEN (not Edit) - click "Copy to Inventory" button. it will create a folder with the same name as the AO Object "Vista Animations Zoe HD" for example, whatever yours is named). So be sure all is copied, just count to yourself from 1 to 10. By the time you reach 10 everything should be copied over (even on horrendously-laggy sims).

I just then rename that folder and add the word "Inners" to it, so I know it is the contents of that AO.

Now that it is in inventory, play each animation - keep the ones you like toss the ones you don't.

@Rhonda Huntress - the AO 4D handles those "piecemeal" animations easily, though I've never heard of the Akeyo  AO before. I presume the "Nitro" is a blank? (Last thing I need is more AO animations LOL).

One thing I love about the AO 4D is the "Actions" ability - Vista has these "Gestures" animations (but no way to add new ones to their HUDs) and Sinse and others even have Gesture HUDs with mocap Bento animations and I have a lot of them. My AO 4D can even play them randomly on an interval I set.

SO, my Question is: Can this Akeya do that, too? Play an animation at-will, say from a menu or something, that is separate from the stands animations, etc?

Hi. I have Vista AO Ericka. Ericka and Zoe have face and are full bento animations. So maybe you can help me. Can I add animations from a AO thats not bento or doesn't have face animations to a AO that is bento with face animations?

I wanna add some of my animations from AX Snow White to Vista Ericka. I did try before the editing the Vista on the ground and draggin AX animations into Vista, tired a walk, croutch, and 2 turns. The croutch worked but the walk and turns got script errors. IDK why. Did I do it right?

1 hour ago, LittleRedDragon said:

Hi. I have Vista AO Ericka. Ericka and Zoe have face and are full bento animations. So maybe you can help me. Can I add animations from a AO thats not bento or doesn't have face animations to a AO that is bento with face animations?

I wanna add some of my animations from AX Snow White to Vista Ericka. I did try before the editing the Vista on the ground and draggin AX animations into Vista, tired a walk, croutch, and 2 turns. The croutch worked but the walk and turns got script errors. IDK why. Did I do it right?

Yes - the "Bento" only means *some* of the included animations are Bento, nothing more than that. The AO object and scripts theselves are the same-old, same-old - makes no difference. So, anytime you see *anything* that says it's Bento, it is only referring to any animations and nothing else (usually individual finger animations, or facial emotions, practically nothing else.)

As for Vista and most other AO systems, you need to add the animation names to the Notecard so the scripts know which animations to play and when. It is beyond the scope of the forums to explain that in detail, though many in-world will be willing to help and the documentation is pretty straight-forward (it's easy to do).

Edited by Alyona Su

I have been surprised by the size of the scripts in most new AOs (Tuty, Anne's >500MB - Akeyo, Semotion >400MB). My old ZHOA-II is 32MB and Firestorm's built in AO is 0MB.

In Firestorm 6.2.4 we can click Avatar (top menu) -> Avatar Health -> Scripts to get a list of the scripts and their memory use. In the Linden SL Viewer you have to right-click the ground (not the floor), select About Land -> Scripts -> Avatar to get a similar list.

I have found that Firestorm's AO sometimes does not work well after changes and/or additions until after a viewer restart. 

58 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Firestorm's built in AO is 0MB.

But how much is it for the FS Bridge? The main problem with the FS AO, which is a good idea outright, is the major delay in having an animation animate; going from a stand to a walk, for example - especially when there are other avatars in the area, the more then the longer the delay. The main feature I like about the FS AO is the cycling of all categories, not just stands. Though, I now use the 4D AO system which also does this and has more features, like random animated gestures, etc. - but mostly because the main drawback of FS AO is that you have no AO when using another viewer (which I do often).

I did just buy a new Tuty's (mostly for the new stands) and it is one of the newer ones (within the last six months or so) and she's still using the Zhao II system, and the (as far as I know) *newer* Akeyo (blank) HUD I got a little while ago appears to be around five years old. I'm mostly just curious by "most new AO's" you mention. Even the newest ones seem to be using old scripts, etc.

Oh, and on topic (if if that old): The 4D AO is amazing and has features that no other AO I have ever seen even come close to. Perfect for your own mix-and-match.

@Alyona Su FS Bridge is 64KB 

Correction: I typed MB above. That should have been KB... bad fingers, bad.

True that no AO in other viewers. I tend to setup my AOs and use them as needed. I copy the animations into a new set in the FS AO.

It has been a long time since any changes were made to the AO related LSL functions. So, basic AO scripts haven't changed in awhile.

My newest Tuty (months ago purchase) does use ZHAO-II and it is 576KB. There are 4 ZHAO-II scripts which appear to last be modified in 2008, which would be pre-AO-scripting-change. There are other scripts, some are ZHAO-II, in other parts of HUD. I guess this is why Tuty using ZHAO-II has such a big script load.

I don't see the delay from walk, stand, stand-to-stand, or other changes, crowd or no crowd. I do see huge delays if I have any other AO attached, active or disabled.

The FS AO uses the newer LSL functions to avoid server-viewer polling. Any HUD that uses the new script commands too is going to confuse the system. I suspect that is where the delay comes from.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.