Jump to content
  • 1
nicegalhappens

I afraid someone did something to me

Question

Hi All

I am new to SL, just joined a week ago. Today a person came to me in Freebie Galaxy while i was searching for stuff. He started the chat and going to ask simple RL question. I told a bit and then humbly asked him to read my profile first while i keep searching my dresses over there. He replied with a laugh but suddenly after that my account got stuck. i tried again and again to make it work but it didn't. He had written in his profile similar to that "If you will be nice with me i'll be nice with you otherwise not"...  I am not sure whether it was he who put some kind of attack on me or is it something else. But after that time i am not able to login on the viewer. I am so worried and want the solution asap. Can anyone guide or help me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Follow these instructions immediately:

If you suspect your account has been compromised, contact us immediately.

Follow these steps:

  1. Login to your account on the Second Life support portal.
  2. Enter the following:
    • Under What type of problem are you having?, select "Account Issue" from the drop down menu
    • Under Account Issue, select "I believe my account has been compromised."
    • Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
    • Copy the Tracking Number for your new ticket
    • You will receive an email containing your ticket information.
  3. Call the Fraud number: 800-860-6990
Once we look over your submission, Linden Lab will place your account on hold, and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days in some cases. Once we have finished the investigation, we will send you an email explaining our conclusion and explaining the action that will be taken with respect to your account. As a reminder, all transactions involving Linden Dollars are subject to our Terms of Service (TOS).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Have you tried to login or to reset your passwort at the SL homepage already, before you open a case?
https://secondlife.com

And think about the password you had, when that happened. If it was something like "123456", "letmein" or "nIcEgAlHaPpEnS", its very likely, he guessed it.
"84Hfb150/BBo$kloeee%br4" should be harder just to guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Some people are really good at guessing passwords, or using any RL data you give them to find out more.

It's much more common, though, to fall for a "phishing" scam.  It works like this:  Someone strikes up a conversation with you.  At some point, he tells you he'll give you a link to a lot of free stuff, and posts a URL in chat.  When you click it, you see what looks like an SL website login page.  You enter your user name and password.  OOPS!  Now the scammer has your password, and can log in as "you" as soon as you log off.  He can take your money and change your password.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi all above!!! 

Thanks for your time and replies. But my problem is a different one. My account is not hacked, neither anyone can guess my password nor i click anyone's link. My problem is that I cannot Log in into the SL Viewer. I can login here on website with the same password. Also the password works on the viewer well. It starts loading the world, but stucks in the way. So i cannot appear in the viewer. I don't know whether someone added a script to my avi or is it some other issue that causing the problem. The screenshot it attached.

error.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Are you using a pc or laptop?

open the viewer  Don't try to log in but go to HELP - ABOUT FIRESTORM  and paste what you see there here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Are you using a pc or laptop?

open the viewer  Don't try to log in but go to HELP - ABOUT FIRESTORM  and paste what you see there here.

Yes, I am on laptop. And it is not Firestorm problem, The same issue is observed on default SL-viewer. Once SL-Viewer opened the world but then stuck. Meanwhile i saw a message that my avi's memory usage was 94%. But after that it didn't open ever again and stuck during loading the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, nicegalhappens said:

Yes, I am on laptop. And it is not Firestorm problem, The same issue is observed on default SL-viewer. Once SL-Viewer opened the world but then stuck. Meanwhile i saw a message that my avi's memory usage was 94%. But after that it didn't open ever again and stuck during loading the world. 

If its a laptop then it could be your connection.  Are your wireless or is your laptop wired in?  Those details I suggested you post will help someone check some stuff like your graphics card and other details there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If its a laptop then it could be your connection.  Are your wireless or is your laptop wired in?  Those details I suggested you post will help someone check some stuff like your graphics card and other details there

Yes, i have tried both of connections, wifi and wired. Also I asked a friend to login with her account and that opened flawlessly. Only mine is not opening. So worried. Probably my avi is overloaded by some bug or by some attacker's script or by some mistake, and hence not loading properly in the environment. I cannot understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, nicegalhappens said:

Yes, i have tried both of connections, wifi and wired. Also I asked a friend to login with her account and that opened flawlessly. Only mine is not opening. So worried. Probably my avi is overloaded by some bug or by some attacker's script or by some mistake, and hence not loading properly in the environment. I cannot understand. 

It would still be useful if you posted that info here to help people rule out some things.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Useful info on login problems: https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/login_fail

One possibility is that you're trying to log into a region that is down. At the login screen, try logging into your home location, rather than your last location. That will connect you to the computer that runs your home region, instead of wherever you were last. You can also type in a region name.

Useful safe locations to try:

  • PORTAL PARK 1
  • PORTAL PARK 2
  • PROTOTYPE

The first two are Linden-run regions, and the third is a privately run shopping mall. It's very unlikely that all three of those would be down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
56 minutes ago, nicegalhappens said:

I don't know whether someone added a script to my avi or is it some other issue that causing the problem.

Nobody can add a script to your avatar. Your problem looks like a connection issue.  You probably have plenty of bandwidth, since that's rarely an issue, but if your connection is irregular or is dropping data, you won't maintain a solid connection with the LL servers.  I suggest starting by rebooting your router and modem and then restarting everything.  Consider adding Google's free DNS server to the list that your ISP provided in the router.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Do you have Intel HD 620 or Intel HD 630 graphics?
If so, it's probably this bug BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10.

It's a bug in the later Intel drivers.
The only solution at this time is roll back the Intel graphics driver to version 24.20.100.6025

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 12/12/2018 at 12:53 AM, Rolig Loon said:

Nobody can add a script to your avatar. Your problem looks like a connection issue.  You probably have plenty of bandwidth, since that's rarely an issue, but if your connection is irregular or is dropping data, you won't maintain a solid connection with the LL servers.  I suggest starting by rebooting your router and modem and then restarting everything.  Consider adding Google's free DNS server to the list that your ISP provided in the router.

Ohh okay. You first sentence is a relief to me. But now only worried why this is only happening to me. My friend is logging in well on my same system and same connection and same viewer; and she doesn't face any problem in viewer. Only my account is not opening in same system. :((( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Do you have Intel HD 620 or Intel HD 630 graphics?
If so, it's probably this bug BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10.

It's a bug in the later Intel drivers.
The only solution at this time is roll back the Intel graphics driver to version 24.20.100.6025

i read the complete article and your comments there too. well. it seems the same problem i am facing. but i dont know how to roll back the intel driver to older version. and yes i amd using 64 bit windows 10 on Intel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
41 minutes ago, nicegalhappens said:

My friend is logging in well on my same system and same connection and same viewer; and she doesn't face any problem in viewer. Only my account is not opening in same system. :((( 

That's a bit of a puzzle, but not unusual.  Logging in involves several key steps.  The servers need to identify you, locate your proposed login position and verify that you have access, and then upload your avatar appearance file, your inventory, and a few other items to your viewer.  A shorter version of that exercise takes place whenever you move from one region to another, since that means moving your avatar from the control of one set of servers to another.  Those are times of some stress, when a momentary hiccup in your Internet connection can cause a disconnection -- or a login failure.  Two people using exactly the same Internet connection might have different survival outcomes -- either because of the size and complexity of the files that need to be transferred or just because of bad luck.  You might be able to improve your chances by logging in to a safe, quiet region like Furball, or Smith, where the servers don't have much else to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The servers need to identify you, locate your proposed login position and verify that you have access, and then upload your avatar appearance file, your inventory, and a few other items to your viewer. 

Yes, i think you are getting my point. Probably my avi or inventory is overloaded that cause me stuck immediately after login.. Is there any way to remove all the things i am wearing on, from somewhere else? :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

We have had several people over the years report that they were wearing their entire  inventory. In every case I think they were able to fix it, but it took Linden help.

PS Rarely is a problem caused by “someone doing something” to you. More likely always is SL malfunctioning or user error.

Edited by Pamela Galli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
33 minutes ago, nicegalhappens said:

Is there any way to remove all the things i am wearing on, from somewhere else? :o 

That's why I suggested logging in to a nice quiet region.  When the servers have less on their minds, they may not time out and drop you before your viewer gets all the startup stuff it needs.  If that doesn't work and if you are a Premium member, try contacting Live Chat.  They have tools that can help to straighten out an inventory that has gone rogue or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, nicegalhappens said:

i read the complete article and your comments there too. well. it seems the same problem i am facing. but i dont know how to roll back the intel driver to older version. and yes i amd using 64 bit windows 10 on Intel.  

At the login screen, in the top menu bar, go to Help -> About Firestorm.
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.
I'll find you the correct driver download.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

We need the tech data on your computer and viewer. Before logging in click HELP->About... then copy that info and paste it here.

I don't see where you have posted about filing a trouble ticket with the Lab. Visit https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/ They can see your account from their side and possibly fix the problem.

Another problem that can block login is a flat inventory, meaning having all items in the root or a single folder. It takes like 5,000 items in a folder to cause problems. But, connection speed is a significant factor in when it may become a problem. You will need the Lab's help to fix this problem.

There is a viewer log file. It may tell you what is going wrong. You can find it here: 

Windows: C:\Users\[Win_login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/logs

 

Edited by Nalates Urriah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...