Any Superhero/Comic fans?

KarraLu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there! I have been in SL for a while now and I recently started making comics and serials; (All shot in second life and posted over on Deviantart.) 

I have been to a few superhero themed places in SL for a while now but I notice they lean to a more well..kinky/fetish based tone. (Not that there is anything wrong with it, i'd just prefer my stories without all that) The other superhero themed places I've been too seemed to have dwindling in terms of a stable community. Am I missing something? I tried setting up some groups/joining groups etc. but it didn't seem to catch on just yet. Maybe I'm checking in the wrong places? I would LOVE to meet others into this type of thing, especially if they're into making their own stories and or characters. Or better yet a full community? 

20 minutes ago, chaosninja7 said:

DCU is meh fav.

I really dig the Silver-Age and Batman 66....Well better yet "Saturday Morning" type stuff...

I know a lot of people really aren't into that tone and such, but it never hurts to ask!

14 hours ago, chaosninja7 said:

DCU is meh fav.

Agreed. With the superhero movies, it started out okay for me, enjoyed them (even though Marvel) but now, seriously? I am SO over Marvel. Had a big hope for Man of Steel, the right actor, the right story, the right everything... except director. As soon as I read that Zack Schnyder was going to do it I knew it would be crap. and it is crap.

My favorites have always been Wonder Woman first and Superman second. Batman has always been a distant third (it's always so dark LOL) So Batman v Superman is still a good movie for me (I overlook the crappy director effect of it).

Bestest superhero movies EVER and STILL: Superman and Superman II (Richard Donner Cut) with Christopher Reeve. Hands-down. So bright, Humorous, cheerful, hopeful, and emotional. NO superhero movie has captured the magic of those before or since. Because it's not about all the CGI eye-candy and stupid destruction; it's about story.

Edited by Alyona Su

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Agreed. With the superhero movies, it started out okay for me, enjoyed them (even though Marvel) but now, seriously? I am SO over Marvel. Had a big hope for Man of Steel, the right actor, the right story, the right everything... except director. As soon as I read that Zack Schnyder was going to do it I knew it would be crap. and it is crap.

My favorites have always been Wonder Woman first and Superman second. Batman has always been a distant third (it's always so dark LOL) So Batman v Superman is still a good movie for me (I overlook the crappy director effect of it).

Bestest superhero movies EVER and STILL: Superman and Superman II (Richard Donner Cut) with Christopher Reeve. Hands-down. So bright, Humorous, cheerful, hopeful, and emotional. NO superhero movie has captured the magic of those before or since. Because it's not about all the CGI eye-candy and stupid destruction; it's about story.

So just to clarify...... I'm your favourite?? Hehe!

In my SL heyday I RPed in a fantastic DC sim. Played characters including Harley Quinn, Black Canary and various disposable victims. Some ongoing plots involving prison breakouts, planned crimes and so on. If you do find a suitable sim, let me know. I'll come back here if I find one.

11 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

So just to clarify...... I'm your favourite?? Hehe!

Absolutely! Until I find a super-duper unusually high-quality WW outfit that fits me perfectly and I have one myself. Until then, that is. But I am so ay-nall about the quality of my outfits, I have yet to find anything coming close, so your status is safe. Hahaha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

In my SL heyday I RPed in a fantastic DC sim. Played characters including Harley Quinn, Black Canary and various disposable victims. Some ongoing plots involving prison breakouts, planned crimes and so on. If you do find a suitable sim, let me know. I'll come back here if I find one.

Me too. I often explore in my Wonder Woman outfit..........and still get hit on....

17 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Me too. I often explore in my Wonder Woman outfit..........and still get hit on....

Okay, gonna shop for WW outfits (I do that every year to see if anything new has arrived that meets my quality requirement - maybe the movie has sparked new creations?) - IF I find one, then we must all get together to have a WW troll-fest in-world!

Wait... does anyone have a Magic Lasso HUD? If not then I'll have to make one.

44 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Okay, gonna shop for WW outfits (I do that every year to see if anything new has arrived that meets my quality requirement - maybe the movie has sparked new creations?) - IF I find one, then we must all get together to have a WW troll-fest in-world!

Wait... does anyone have a Magic Lasso HUD? If not then I'll have to make one.

Bring it on...........a working lasso of truth would be really handy.......haha!

My outfit is Planet Lumyai......... /me grins

38 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Bring it on...........a working lasso of truth would be really handy.......haha!

My outfit is Planet Lumyai......... /me grins

Hahaha! That's the one I put into my Favorites just this morning (to investigate later when I am able to get in-world. Spotted a great looking 1970's version too that I may jump on for 99L$ :)

Another option is to create your own superhero: this IS Second Life, after all. Quinn Morani once shared a story with me regarding something her daughter had said at the age of 7 or 8: she had decided everybody possessed a superpower of some kind and when queried decided Mommy's was 'reading'. Quinn even wondered aloud what her hero name would be. 

I realized that could work in SL, so I asked @Argus Collingwood to make a costume (for which I probably paid about a tenth what it was worth) based on one of those names, 'The Battling Bookworm'. Quinn's birthday was not long before Halloween so it gave her a good excuse to wear it. She decided she needed a useful superhero accessory—the sidekick—so I had to come up with a role and outfit for myself. Doing all that is still one of my very favorite things ever from SL.

The Battling Bookworm and her trusty sidekick, Stacks:

BB and Stacks.PNG

ps: Maddy took this picture; she probably has a larger print. I must have resized mine somewhere along the line.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Hahaha! That's the one I put into my Favorites just this morning (to investigate later when I am able to get in-world. Spotted a great looking 1970's version too that I may jump on for 99L$ :)

I had to dump the boots though. Too flat and unfashionable for a fashion icon like me.................hehe!

If you can't fight in heels you can't fight............. :)

9 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Another option is to create your own superhero: this IS Second Life, after all. Quinn Morani once shared a story with me regarding something her daughter had said at the age of 7 or 8: she had decided everybody possessed a superpower of some kind and when queried decided Mommy's was 'reading'. Quinn even wondered aloud what her hero name would be. 

I realized that could work in SL, so I asked @Argus Collingwood to make a costume (for which I probably paid about a tenth what it was worth) based on one of those names, 'The Battling Bookworm'. Quinn's birthday was not long before Halloween so it gave her a good excuse to wear it. She decided she needed a useful superhero accessory—the sidekick—so I had to come up with a role and outfit for myself. Doing all that is still one of my very favorite things ever from SL.

BB and Stacks.PNG

ps: Maddy took this picture; she probably has a larger print. I must have resized mine somewhere along the line.

WOW that is an awesome outfit!  I do prefer doing stories with more original characters etc. My character is more of the spy type to be honest.

I have a couple of outfits but this ones my favorite.

rsz_variant_cover_001.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, Dillon Levenque said:

BB and Stacks.PNG

207883184_Bookworms1.thumb.jpg.221832b7be9faf44d69505176707e4ce.jpg

• Thanks 1

Comics~ <3. I am fairly into comics, but also a bit of manga, but mostly into web comics and graphic novels. Very much graphic novels. It's actually the field my sister and I are working into with a project of ours, though SL may never see it, as I have 0 clue how to show a hand drawn comic in a Virtual world. Beyond maybe giving links to PDF files.

As for the RP Sims, I know what you mean. I've been on the hunt for RP Sims that allow for the imagination to flow with no limitations and isn't all about getting the jig on. It's rough, but they are out there. I haven't really found one... That isn't fantasy based and requires an app.. but I am sure they are out there. Somewhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foxfirestorm said:

Comics~ <3. I am fairly into comics, but also a bit of manga, but mostly into web comics and graphic novels. Very much graphic novels. It's actually the field my sister and I are working into with a project of ours, though SL may never see it, as I have 0 clue how to show a hand drawn comic in a Virtual world. Beyond maybe giving links to PDF files.

You can upload it as textures and make "book" for it or if you have it on some image hosting website, you can texture it as media texture on prims. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.