Is it possible to make the nearby chat toasts in Viewer2 wider?

Cinder Roxley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

They're so narrow and stuffed in the little left corner. It makes it hard to see long gestures, especially with large size font, and hard to really follow a conversation. I can stretch the nearby chat WINDOW, but i'd rather just look at the toasts.

8 answers to this question

You are right. There they are:
- ConsoleMaxLines - Max number of lines of chat text visible in console.
- ChatBarCustomWidth - Stores customized width of chat bar.
- ChatFontSize - Size of chat text in chat console (0 = small, 1 = big)

However being able to navigate them directly from Preferences would be a nice idea. ;)

Oh, right!

I saw ChatBarCustomWidth, but I thought it only controlled the width of the chat field in the bottom bar, not the width of the chat window you get up when you press the little arrow next to the field or the width of the toasts that pop up when the chat window is closed.

Yes, these and a few others would be nice to have in preferences, I agree. The way it is, thought, the debug setting list is really useful to have available.

- Luc -

It's not possible with the official viewer. IMHO the only viewer capable of that so far is Firestorm preview 2 and upwards.

BTW: Starting with preview 3 it will also be possible to disable chat toasts and get back to old school nearby chat output to the console, making it less intrusive than toasts. :smileyhappy:

Hmmmm I don't use them because they are too Viewer-2-ish, so I don't know about their features. ;)

As for toasts: I hate them! Especially for nearby chat that always get in the way and you accidentially might click them. That's why I brought back the old Viewer 1 way of showing nearby chat in Firestorm: The text scrolls nicely and unclickable behind floaters across the screen. Of course you can define how many lines you want to see, fading time and width of the output. And - nifty, nifty - you can display incoming IM and group messages that way, too. More in the upcoming preview 3 of Firestorm... :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.