Great image sharing sites?

Lynne Lusch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a blogger for the past 8+ years, Flickr is still the a good forum for sharing. But Yahoo sold Flickr and the new owners have changed their free accounts so people are finding other means. Plurk and Facebook have a huge SL presence and Instagram has now been added to the mix. It's a good idea to join FB groups and post a link to your blog posts or pics there. Join feeds to also get better exposure if you have a blog and follow others blogs. There may be some topics on this site that could give you more insight. http://www.bvnsl.com/

Edited by Linda Reddevil

Hi Linda. I joined plurk a few years ago but there weren't many users at that time. Have things picked up there now since the Flickr changes? I'm on instagram & FB too. They're pretty good for adding photo's but it's hard to tell if people are visiting my store after seeing them. I like the idea of adding a link from them to a blog page. Which site do you think is easiest for setting up a blog ? Wordpress or Blogger. I'll check out the link you sent me. Thank you for the info :)

3 hours ago, Lynne Lusch said:

Hi Linda. I joined plurk a few years ago but there weren't many users at that time. Have things picked up there now since the Flickr changes? I'm on instagram & FB too. They're pretty good for adding photo's but it's hard to tell if people are visiting my store after seeing them. I like the idea of adding a link from them to a blog page. Which site do you think is easiest for setting up a blog ? Wordpress or Blogger. I'll check out the link you sent me. Thank you for the info :)

Lynne, 

I personally don't use Plurk but I do use FB, Instagram and Flickr. My blog is also included on feeds. I think Instagram has probably noticed a surge due to the Flickr changes. All helps but you have to be vigilant in promotion  especially if you're a designer trying to sell to customers. Having your own bloggers would help you too, to get the word out.

I started out using Blogger when it was called Blogspot back then. I switched to WordPress many years ago and I love it but that's just a personal user preference. I think both platforms have pluses and minuses but you could put a slurl to your store in your post and keep track of how many times it's been clicked on. You can definitely do that on WordPress. 

Linda

Go you mind if I ask if you upgraded to Flickr pro? I'm wondering whether it's worth paying for the  upgrade. I've been using FB, Insta & Flickr too but due to the changes taking place on Flickr i:e free accounts only allowing 1000 images per account I've been looking around for other image sharing platform.

After chatting with you yesterday I started a blog page on Blogger. It's free so if I mess up it won't cost me anything. You can add a slurl on there too. Thanks you for the tip. If my blog does okay I think I might take a look at WordPress later on too. Thank you for all the great advice. Everyone has been so helpful :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.