I am confused - Omega applier, Altamura mesh body

jazzrathbones505

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey!

I'm an absolute noob, but decided to finally try out a mesh body. Because I have no experience with mesh bodies, I wanted one that wouldn't cost me much, so I found Altamura. I have trouble understanding how things work with mesh bodies, but I think I figured something out, correct me if i'm wrong...

So I have Altamura mesh body and a shape for it (these two work). It seems that the mesh head comes with the body? Now i buy an Omega applier for altamura, but nothing works with it? I bought couple omega compatible items (clothes, makeup) and i added omega appliers and the items's appliers/huds. When trying to apply anything through item's appliers nothing happens. I am on a land tht allows scripts, so that can''t be the problem. 

Would really appreciate, if someone could help. I paid some $$ for this stuff (not much, but still). And again excuse me for my lack of knowledge about mesh.

May I ask did you buy the "$full Altamura body$" because Altamura does give out bodies for 1L$ that are not omega compatible meaning they do not have omega installed on them because they're glorified freebies.

If not you have to wear the Omega relayed all the time so Omega works. I usually hide my HUD off my screen.

• Like 1

With the freebie bodies you can't cosmetically change it you are stuck with the skin on it, I'm not a mega fan of the the HUD but it does offer full alpha cuts unlike the free eBody that only has a limited selection of alpha cuts. as it's a head to toe body I'd never use it on me or my main alt whom I don't want to change the skin or tone but I did get it for another alt and found good compatibility with Maitreya sizing in the outfit I got it 

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 7:45 AM, ErikaKotov said:

No problem it is pretty fishy how they say those versions are "full versions". 👀

Altamura doesn't say they're 'full' versions, we say they're 'fullbodies', meaning the complete body. We distinctly say the gift fullbodies only have a full body alpha HUD so people may actually use them in their daily SL time. In the enclosed notecard, in ALL CAPS, we also say no appliers work with them.

Just a general note and not only about altamura gals bodies.  Even with a body that is supposedly Omega compatible, not all items will work -- for heads also, not just bodies.

This includes many brands (I am counting five that I have had issues with so that's a lot; I don't have Omega for Maitreya so I can't say whether that has the same problems. I just use appliers that are specifically made for Maitreya -- since there are plenty of those.  For some brands there are several versions of the Omega appliers. For some brands even the Omega documentation says that it doesn't always work. 

SO, "sometimes" it isn't US at all :D.

Maybe in a couple of years with BOM active we won't have to worry about all this. 

• 1 month later...

Juliet was given away and DID come with the ability to use Omega. STILL it was confusing as it doesn't work the way many Omega appliers do (other brands of bodies).  IF you have either Juliet OR a full version WITH Omega (the ones that cost big bucks) then write to the group and have one of the customer service reps send you the notecard on how it works.  You WILL need an Omega Relay in order for the appliers to work of course. 

Also I think there are some deals now at Skin Fair -altamura as I noted some group chatter. So that might be worth checking out. 

Altamura Juliet works with many skins.  Of course omega compatible, as usual always demo demo demo.  I manage to use 6 different skin to take part in their photo contest.  I would say so far it is worth to give it a try.  I also recently gifted clodet to a friend.  Maybe just need some practice and most csr in the group are very responsive too.  I like their products.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.