saga0heartless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been wondering about this for some time. I do get griefed, pushed, multiple objects sticking to me, giant *****es engulfing my avatar, etc. Everyone gets that. It's SL, so it kind of comes with the territory to some extent. I never engage, just block the person, mute the objects if I can, and file a report. I'm sort of not sure if there's a point though. I mean does anyone really look into these things at all? Many attacks are petty and personal; I mean, who cares? How does it get investigated? Does it get investigated at all? Does the culprit at least get a warning? I'm sort of not sure whether I should keep filing reports with no feedback at all, or get me some dirty scripts and blast the bastards myself :)

Edited by saga0heartless

12 answers to this question

On 12/8/2018 at 1:03 PM, saga0heartless said:

I have been wondering about this for some time. I do get griefed, pushed, multiple objects sticking to me, giant *****es engulfing my avatar, etc. Everyone gets that. It's SL, so it kind of comes with the territory to some extent. I never engage, just block the person, mute the objects if I can, and file a report. I'm sort of not sure if there's a point though. I mean does anyone really look into these things at all? Many attacks are petty and personal; I mean, who cares? How does it get investigated? Does it get investigated at all? Does the culprit at least get a warning? I'm sort of not sure whether I should keep filing reports with no feedback at all, or get me some dirty scripts and blast the bastards myself :)

This 'does it do anything' gets asked often. There is a UG meeting (URL to schedule) for users to talk to the enforcement Lindens, better known as Governance. 

I made a video of one of the meetings, 

The long answer is here:

LL Governance look at every abuse report. How they decide from there seems in the first instance to depend on who Exactly Linden is, when the report is reviewed. When it is the same avatar account doing the harassing over and over, then Exactly Linden morphs into Banhammer Linden

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Where on earth do you encounter such griefing?

I was wondering the same thing.   There is so much to SL these days - so many places to go - that I would not consider the type of griefing described as " it kind of comes with the territory to some extent."

As long as you remain in areas where such actions are taking place, I would continue to file AR's.  But I would also suggest that you expand your horizons and explore more of SL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, saga0heartless said:

or get me some dirty scripts and blast the bastards myself :)

That's a bad idea.  If you do that, then you are violating the TOS.  Some griefers, in fact, will needle you and hope that you retaliate so that they can file an AR against you.  If so, then you might be the one who gets the punishment.  The Governance team doesn't like vigilantes any more than they like griefers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saga0heartless said:

or get me some dirty scripts and blast the bastards myself

Don't do that. The lab really seem to enjoy banning people who fight back far more then the original griefer.

Ignore 99,99% and report only the most abhorent cases is where i stand.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.