Take a word leave a word (game)

Derekmate

12 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

? Mister Freddy's (Mr.) to plant mister is off how? 

I probably wouldnt have said anything if it was anyone else, as the regular posters here do stretch the rules sometimes but as  you are a newcomer to this game, I  was making a weak point. Mr is not Mister (the actual word) even though one is often interchanged for the other and sounds the same. I was noting it was different and consequently, you changed two words. 

But nobody minded :)

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Where did Baggage Claim Blues come from?

It came from the same place as Alyona's "Pistol Silencer", which followed my "Matt Helm's" post. Alyona has taken issue with our use of images and songs that have more than two words in their titles or imagery, deeming it appropriate to choose any words visible. The two words I started with were "Ed Helms".  I replaced "Ed" with "Matt", but Alyona took the entire album cover as fair game and, decided that I meant "Matt Silencer". From that she created "Pistol Silencer". Later, I applied exactly the same logic to presume that she turned Matt Damon into Matt Claim, as the word "claim" is in her post. From that I derived "Baggage Claim Blues".

Make sense?

I was probably the first one to start bending the rules by posting images containing text and songs with two word titles, suffixed by the throwaway "rag" or "blues", and sometimes containing additional information, like the performer or composer. I reasoned that we're all intelligent and cooperative enough to make this work. For the most part it has. "Baggage Claim" is satire, and I don't see a need to do it again.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Alyona has taken issue with our use of images and songs that have more than two words in their titles or imagery, deeming it appropriate to choose any words visible.

Let us be fair here: The above + "and does not write their intended words." :P

REASON: Some of us cannot PLAY the video (we are at the office, or other reasons, etc.) - All we have is what we can SEE in the poster frame. SO I think it is fair that if the poster does not write the intended words then it becomes *guesswork* as to which it is they intend. Yes, I know: "read back to previous posts" - but sometimes I (and I presume others, at times,) may only have literal seconds to pop open the page and respond, which is why this is a fun little thread; quick-n-easy.

Now, back to the topic where it appears to be the last two were: "Painting Meme" and so my next two are:

Internet Meme

:D

ACK! A post while I was awritin' - okay - then from "Lady Finger" to

Middle Finger

Bahahahaha

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

I gave Alyona the finger, and the day has just begun. 🙃

You sah-LUT!  hahahaha And careful, lotsa ways a "finger" can be used by the one you give it to. ~snorts~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 2

On 5/29/2019 at 3:54 PM, Alyona Su said:

Oh, you are really good. Matt... ummm, Damon... uh... LOL

Okay, I'm going to claim that this is a name and not "words" so... Hahahaha: Matt[e] Painting

A name is not a word? Did I understand that correctly?

I refer you to Mr. Webster. The etymology of name, as a noun, dates to the 12th century. It is indeed a word.

name.png

So to continue

Shortbread Crust

shortbread-crust-DSC_3236.jpg

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
  • Like 1