Take a word leave a word (game)

Derekmate

16 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

ETA: I knew the name "Kitty Carlisle" but wasn't sure where from. I imagine I'd seen reruns of "What's My Line" or "To Tell The Truth" on the oldies channel in the engineering school lounge, though the first time I ever saw her would have been in the 1970s while watching "A Day at the Races" out in the barn.

Odd, I only remembered her on another game show. Found it! “Password” and “Match Game”.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Odd, I only remembered her on another game show. Found it! “Password” and “Match Game”.

Though I remembered the name Kitty Carlisle, I really don't know why. There was a rerun channel on the TV in the engineering student lounge that I'd watch to catch up on all the shows I missed when younger (we didn't have a TV). Though I know of them, I don't actually recall watching the game shows she was on. Similarly, I was aware of "Miss Kitty" from "Gunsmoke", but I don't think I've ever seen an episode of the show. Maybe it's just the name "Kitty" that catches my attention. My parents ditched their TV when I was born, perhaps thinking I'd be their entertainment going forward. They didn't get a TV when I moved out, so that dents my theory. I was exposed to TV at friend's homes and during extended family get-togethers. I'm not entirely culturally clueless... but I am working on it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Though I remembered the name Kitty Carlisle, I really don't know why.

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
18 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

of "Miss Kitty" from "Gunsmoke",

That’s it! They announced her name as part of the credits. I would have heard it even if I didn’t watch.

Kids. 🙄

• Like 2