Take a word leave a word (game)

Derekmate

10 hours ago, CheriColette said:

I agree, I always wanted a pet bat.Β 

I have some warped clapboards on my house and bats like to sleep in the gaps they create. Some years ago during the midsummer bug explosion, one bat overindulged on the back yard feast and got so full he couldn't fit into his billet. I found him sleeping off his binge faceΒ downΒ on my family room windowsill. At first I thought he was dead, but on close inspectionΒ I could see him breathing. By evening he'd vanished, only to be back on the windowsill the next morning. He looked like a black golf ball with wings. I was so amused by my chubbyΒ li'l buddy that I named him Bob.

Β 

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 7

We got a bat in the bedroom once. It came in through the open window and I found it hanging on the wall. It was very spooky. Absolute black, without any reflections, and looked like a portal in the wall.

It was my job to get it out. I got a bath towel and persuaded it off the wall.

Not good. It then flew around the light fitting at amazing speed, in total silence.

So standing on the bed, I held the towel up like a curtain and edged towards the window. Suddenly it sensed the window and was gone.

We see them flying outside the house in summer at twilight. They are amazing creatures and incredibly fast in the air.

Pasta Noodle

NOW: Pasta Binge

• Like 7