Problem with Aspect Ratio and Photo File System

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Ever since I turned my aspect ratio way up for photos and took it off the default setting, I cannot access my photo file folders.  

On the default, it used to ask me to select which folder I wanted to put the photo in.

Now, it just puts the photo in the same folder all the time.

So, question 1) Is there another way to access my photo file folders with my aspect ratio left way up high?

and

2)  What is the default ratio in case I need to set the aspect ratio back to default to access the photo file folders?

I gather if this works, I turn the ratio to default to start a new folder of photos, and then turn it up high again to what I want and all the following photos go into that folder.  

10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Can you hit save as? The SL viewer will always save in the last folder used if you don't change it. 

This.

Aspect Ratio is the *shape* of your picture (it's not clear if you knew that or not, but it has nothing to do with folders or files).

Apparently, LL has changed the snapshotting rules: Whenever you do a "SAVE AS" - it will always remember the name and place and apply that to EVERY NEW SNAPSHOT, even after you log out and log in again. It *never forgets* this. So a good habit to develop will be to use the SAVE AS method. Unfortunately, there's no way to make that the default (unless you use Catnzip viewer).

Firestorm,  which I normally use for pictures  requires me to tell  the computer where to save each time I log on. I typically name my pictures with the date. More than  once i clicked save with the LL viewer and got a picture saved with a week old date.

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Can you hit save as? The SL viewer will always save in the last folder used if you don't change it. 

Okay, I wasn't sure what "save as" was/is since before I upped my aspect ratio I never saw any "save as" on the default aspect ratio setting before.  

For better picture quality, I have changed many settings recently, so I'm not sure what was or is taking my ability to select a folder to put in the photo in?  

I can try the "save as" now n see if it allows me to choose which folder to put the photo in.

Edit in:  Yes, selecting "save as" allows me to access my photo file folders.  I always used save before.  I didn't know what "save as" was for because it's a picture.  lol  But alls well that ends well.

THANKS a bunch!

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.