Security Orb Question

MIVIMEX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi, tell me please, why does the security orb work in some places and not in others? I tried it on the land of Lorena Chung-works perfectly. but if the land is rented through a rentbox, say, a skybox of some kind, it does not work. why? thank!

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, MIVIMEX said:

hi, tell me please, why does the security orb work in some places and not in others? I tried it on the land of Lorena Chung-works perfectly. but if the land is rented through a rentbox, say, a skybox of some kind, it does not work. why? thank!

In SL are more different types of security orbs, they do not work all same, so for proper answer you need to give more info about what orb do you use.

But in general - Lorena Chung gives some security orbs for free, they are meant to be used only on her lands, they do not work on other places. Maybe you try to use her orb on  land rented from someone else?

Edited by loverdag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most security orbs need to be deeded to the group that owns the land.  That's certainly true if the orbs need to be able to use any of the LSL functions for llOverMyLand, llTeleportAgentHome, llEjectFromLand, and the functions that manage the ban list, like llAddToLandBanList. If you are simply renting land but not owning it, those functions will not work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MIVIMEX said:

No it's not Lorena's orb... 

Still, if you don't own the land that you are placing the orb on, it will only work during those times when you are in world. All of the LSL functions that I listed earlier require you to be the landowner, or to deed the orb to the group that owns the land.  Consult the LSL wiki.  Those functions have some form of this information in their description:

Ownership Limitations

• If the land under the object is owned by an individual, the script must be owned by the same individual.
  • If the land under the object is deeded to a group the object will need to satisfy one of the following:
    • The object is deeded to the same group.
    • The object owner must have "Eject and freeze Residents on parcels" ability in the group and be connected to the sim[1].
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.