UV Texture Templates

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone! I am trying to make a shoulder tattoo as well as a rib cage tattoo for my avatar and I am having trouble finding UV map templates that showcase the avatar from a lateral view. All of the templates I am finding only show the front and back views of the avatar. If you have any good resources for other templates besides anterior and posterior templates, please link them below! All help is appreciated. Thank you in advance and I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong topic!

That is just how the UV map for the SL avatar is projected. A differently mappen UV would not work on the avatar. You could use a graphics program that allows you to import the 3d model of the avatar and paint onto that. I believe photoshop has that capability (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use photoshop myself but Gimp). 

16 minutes ago, Christhiana said:

That is just how the UV map for the SL avatar is projected. A differently mappen UV would not work on the avatar. You could use a graphics program that allows you to import the 3d model of the avatar and paint onto that. I believe photoshop has that capability (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use photoshop myself but Gimp). 

Thank you so much! I am new to creating and I had no idea that the UV maps were just limited in that way. I thought I just wasn't looking hard enough lol! Thank you! Do you know how I would go about drawing it on the 3D model or perhaps know of any tutorials on that?

Edited by bcbydiabla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.