How did i get a negative balance on my accout?

Lone Jacobs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Lone Jacobs said:

I used to own the free 1024 when i was premium. but i downgraded to basic and got rid of land.  Now tehy are saying there is a -7.00 on my account.  How is this possible.  Im Basic now and have NO land..  

there can be several reasons, or a mistake, contact support for this, we can't see what happened.

1 hour ago, Lone Jacobs said:

I used to own the free 1024 when i was premium. but i downgraded to basic and got rid of land.  Now tehy are saying there is a -7.00 on my account.  How is this possible.  Im Basic now and have NO land..  

You are probably member of a group that shares liabilities, such as advertising costs. Group liability debits will show up in your transaction history here...

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history#/

To stop the debits, you'll have to leave the group(s).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

17 hours ago, Lone Jacobs said:

$7.00 is the tier for a 1024. Did you get rid of the land first or did you downgrade to basic first?

I'm not sure how it would work with needing a premium account to own land but other than that, losing the premium free 1024 allowance before getting rid of the land would fit.

Scratch that. Thanks for setting me right Lil.

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer

14 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:
5 hours ago, Lone Jacobs said:

$7.00 is the tier for a 1024. Did you get rid of the land first or did you downgrade to basic first?

I'm not sure how it would work with needing a premium account to own land but other than that, losing the premium free 1024 allowance before getting rid of the land would fit.

The system actually won't let you downgrade if you are still using any tier.  $7.00 would be the tier for having an extra 1024 above the free 1024, but OP said they owned the free 1024.

Someone else had this problem recently.  I think LL has changed something in their billing and it is not properly calculating the final month of tier when you drop the Premium membership. As previously recommended, definitely contact Support.   https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.