Neighbor Bully

Roxzi Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Basically, u could also jeep ur Land rover set farm with lot of scripted Maggy things to kill that sim. It's totally ur right and it will kill her affair when visitors will not Come due to lag. At the same Time, u set the Land to be sold only to her at a deserved "fair Price" (up to 50x normal). Thus nobody could Say u r not Willing to résolve thé issue. But if she want to save her affair she should pays ur Price si the lag drops.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/22/2018 at 11:26 AM, LamyaeNeferati said:

Basically, u could also jeep ur Land rover set farm with lot of scripted Maggy things to kill that sim. It's totally ur right

Actually, it is NOT "totally ur your right".  If you did this and she complained to LL, they might come and remove the offending items.  You are not actually allowed to use more than your fair share of the sim's resources.

• Like 7

On 12/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

Here's my recipe for people like this:

1. Ban them on your land so that they have to face your ban lines. Ban them anywhere you can. 

2. Encourage your neighbours to ban them -- they must be unhappy with these eyesores.

3. Do try to return them -- sometimes things do encroach. Or they may not initially, but the owner moves them. So try again periodically.

4. Abuse report them as "targeted behavior intended to offend" every now and then -- perhaps the Lindens will act. It's true that you can do WTF you want on your land, but targeted behavior can sometimes rise to the test of Linden action.

5. If they have a store or rentals, get everyone to boycott them.

I've found that many things in SL go away after 30 days. 

I've waited sometimes 7 years for them to go away, but then, that's for my flagship sim. In your case, I'd give it 30-45 days and then move. Put your land to sale at a very high price. If you can't keep waiting that out, then abandon it.

It's been my experience too that people who put down big, blocky buildings that are seemingly too big for their parcel don't stay long on that parcel. You can usually wait out the ugly-build neighbors until they leave.  Also try to make friends with neighbors who have builds you like, because being friendly with neighbors ends up being a reason for people to stay.

Finally, when looking for a new parcel, especially on mainland, check out the neighboring parcels and regions. It's almost as true in SL as in RL, but land value is all about "Location, location, location."

• Like 4

On 12/27/2018 at 3:32 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

Finally, when looking for a new parcel, especially on mainland, check out the neighboring parcels and regions. It's almost as true in SL as in RL, but land value is all about "Location, location, location."

People come and go so often that you can't really guarantee that a nice sim will stay nice. Mindulle wasn't bad when I first moved in years ago, but it's currently not that great and my next door neighbour has an adult property (it's a general rated sim). I used to have a pretty open shop, but I put a box around it so customers teleporting in won't see out unless they want to go outside.

There have been other phases, like the person who put up some poorly-made prefab gothic cathedral things everywhere. And the chicken farmer with a bunch of dead chickens in the sky taking up resources. You have little control over what neighbours do, even when they are breaking rules, as it's hit and miss whether anything will be done about it.

Sometimes your best bet is to just wall yourself in. Outside of attempting a report, there's not much you can do on mainland other than to make sure you can't see whatever else is there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Mindulle wasn't bad when I first moved in years ago, but it's currently not that great and my next door neighbour has an adult property (it's a general rated sim)

I took a look at the adult property and ARd it.  It's solely for publicly-viewable sexual activity, with scripted vehicles and several lewd posters.  Entirely unsuitable for a General-rated region. *shudders*

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Mindulle wasn't bad when I first moved in years ago, but it's currently not that great and my next door neighbour has an adult property (it's a general rated sim).

8 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I took a look at the adult property and ARd it.  It's solely for publicly-viewable sexual activity, with scripted vehicles and several lewd posters.  Entirely unsuitable for a General-rated region. *shudders*

I reported it also.  Maybe with a few reports, LL will get around to looking at it sooner.  They aren't even trying to hide the sex stuff there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

Thats why someone very well known calls it madlands, and i only can agree with that.

You have to know how it works and use a viewer that let you permanently derender objects like this, and not bother so much about builds that's not to your taste with too many parts to derender.

If you can't live with that attitude, it is better to have land on a private estate with rules.

I wish a viewer let users click on the ground and choose: "derender all on this parcel".

Hi All.. update.. I met a lovely lady Lola who offered to come and fix the land so that my friends couldn't see the ugliness around my land.. shes amazing.. check out the picture to see what she did for me!!  I have been in sl quite some time now.. and I am so glad I found this forum.. y'all are amazing! xoxox HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Key Largo.jpg

• Like 19

23 minutes ago, Roxzi Ravenheart said:

Hi All.. update.. I met a lovely lady Lola who offered to come and fix the land so that my friends couldn't see the ugliness around my land.. shes amazing.. check out the picture to see what she did for me!!  I have been in sl quite some time now.. and I am so glad I found this forum.. y'all are amazing! xoxox HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Key Largo.jpg

//EPICWIN

• Like 2

On 12/26/2018 at 10:32 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

It's been my experience too that people who put down big, blocky buildings that are seemingly too big for their parcel don't stay long on that parcel. You can usually wait out the ugly-build neighbors until they leave.  Also try to make friends with neighbors who have builds you like, because being friendly with neighbors ends up being a reason for people to stay.

You mean like this one? If you are my neighbour you are out of luck, because this is 2x protected land  on Zindra I got for less than  $5L per sq m. I'm staying there until LL shuts down.

forumheader2_001.png

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2018 at 1:23 AM, Roxzi Ravenheart said:

Key Largo.jpg

Very aesthetic wall. Trump would approve. 

Btw, really like the valley like design. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, Roxzi Ravenheart said:

Thanks again everyone.. I just de-rendered everything and will ignore her..   I will ask my friends to do the same when they come over.   I don't want to start a war or anything.. 

I truly appreciate all the suggestions!  awesome group of people here!!

xoxo

I saw the blog of the solution that you and a landscaper came up with and it is lovely.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:28 AM, Ethan Paslong said:

not saying your house is ugly... but what you like doesn't mean others like it :)

I personally get annoyed anytime somebody puts a house on water land.

But I would never get annoyed like this. I just /sigh and realize some people like paying a LOT more for the land they have than they needed to... That house could have been on land-land...

Water land... build a skybox and put a boat down there, or a house boat, or something fitting.

But instead of the palm trees, I would get some nice brick walls and build them up higher than her prims, or high enough that you don't see past them, and build a 'canal' theme inside since you're stuck with walls anyway...

- which is another theme I do NOT like, but given the circumstances... it would at least fit in with that you have to deal with, and block out the sight of the surrounds for you and your visitors.

You can also rile folks like this up by right clicking on everything on their land and hitting return. The other person's walls are sloppily positioned which tells me they don't know how to line stuff up... and it is very likely some of that stuff is actually on your land...

- Just note that as soon as you do that, they will likely do it back. So only do it if you are sure your own build is 103% within the bounds of your land (including any invisible bits).

- But that is also the pathway towards drama.

Otherwise you just have to wait them out and build something that takes advantage of their junk... which is why I suggested the canal theme.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:23 AM, Roxzi Ravenheart said:

Key Largo.jpg

Hmmm... I still hold my opinion on builds on water BUT that is impressive dealing with the situation AND I like that house... I may sneak by and find out where to buy all the pieces there... :)

Much better than my canal idea... I should have read the rest of the thread before posting. Lola got some skillz.

The only thing I will say is that if I were the neighbor, and I had their attitude, it is possible I could ruin your day here. Some of that looks like it might overlap some fragments of their build - if so, they could return it. If that happens, then wait till they're not onlin - put it back, and carefully measure pieces to move them to positions they cannot return... and if they return again... just repeat quietly and without drama until either you find the sweet spot or they give up.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

16 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Hmmm... I still hold my opinion on builds on water BUT that is impressive dealing with the situation AND I like that house... I may sneak by and find out where to buy all the pieces there... :)

Much better than my canal idea... I should have read the rest of the thread before posting. Lola got some skillz.

The only thing I will say is that if I were the neighbor, and I had their attitude, it is possible I could ruin your day here. Some of that looks like it might overlap some fragments of their build - if so, they could return it. If that happens, then wait till they're not onlin - put it back, and carefully measure pieces to move them to positions they cannot return... and if they return again... just repeat quietly and without drama until either you find the sweet spot or they give up.

Great suggestions! Nothing overlaps however I make sure to build with borderlines that tell me where to not go pass with prims that overlap like trees commonly do. This sim also isnt a water region and her parcel faces the end of the region with no other attached. The beach and rocks are actually off sim decor.

If they do however return the offsim beach which does go beyond her borderline then everything was placed in a rezzer for her so she can just re rez it easily :)

I listed all the items used on my blog post if you would like to purchase them! 

http://www.tns-sl.com/blog/2019/1/5/fight-against-mainland-bullies

Edited by LolaSirena
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.