Computer specs question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As far as I can tell it is an integrated GPU unit in the CPU. Those are not the best when running SL but by installing Linux I was able to run Singularity on a 2006 subnotebook with 1 or 2GB RAM and integrated graphics. The framerate was apocalyptic though.

What you should look at is RAM - I cannot find it in this ad. (As this GPU is integrated it will have to share system RAM)

So yes, it will most likely run - no idea how pleasurable it will be. A parallel installation of Linux might give it some performance boost (actually the viewer might run worse, but it frees up so much system resources)

Edited by Fionalein

Alright, from the benchmarks ive seen of this APU, it struggles to play games like CS:GO on basically the bare minimum settings. I tend to look for those benchmarks since its a very single threaded cpu bound game built on an older engine, like SL, and they tend to perform similarly on similar hardware.

Its passmark benchmark score is worse than a quadcore from a decade before it: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-A9-9425-vs-Intel-Core2-Quad-Q6600/3278vs1038

It is entirely incapable of playing pretty much any modern game at all, the CS:GO benchmark i saw to see what i can do graphically is similar to an 8800 GTX, a 12 year old GPU. And i played a lot of SL on a system with a Q6600 and an 8800 GTX, so its gonna be slightly worse than that, and that was pretty bad.

It will run SL, as in it will start, it will be an abysmal experience for SL and i highly suggest getting something else.

• Haha 1

Like others have said, it will run, and it's worth trying since SL doesn't need to run in real time, at least for me, I just need to move at all and see chat and have the scene rendered. If you would like to upgrade, we would be willing to give you cheap ideas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.