Question about Genesis Lab and Blush

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

I bought my first mesh head for Christmas 2018.  I am thrilled and not so thrilled.

I am having problems with finding blush.

I bought the skin in Cream color and the face is much lighter than the rest of the skin and perhaps some blush could help but I cannot find any.

The blushes it came with are not so good.  

Does anyone know where to find blushes?  All I've seen are lipsticks, eyeshadows and fantasy glitter type makeups but not blush.

Also, would setting my wind light (which I never did cuz I couldn't get it right) help my avatar to not appear so white in the face?  She looks like she has light power and sometimes a Geisha powder on her face compared to the rest of the skin.

TIA for any help and advice.  

Edit:  Okay, there is blush in the Genesis Store way up in the corner near the top.  It helped but forehead still looks white to me like white powder.  

I don't know if windlight will help or not.  

Editing in a picture.  If you buy from this company, take off all wigs, chokers, clothes and look at the face and neck before you buy.   There is no demo of skins for the body.  

I was such a noob.  This looks pretty awful.  The face, neck and body don't match.  

Snapshot_2554 (2).png

Edited by FairreLilette

The head and shape look very cute. The issue seems to be with the skin. It does look like the skin is a different shade than the body. Genesis Lab is the older version of the new Genus Project. I have some older Genesis Lab gacha skins I could pass you if you contact me in-world and maybe one of those will suit your tastes more.

• Like 1

Your picture shows shadows in the face which indicate strong directional light.

Are you wearing a facelight or bodylight? If so try taking of that light, and setting windlight to CalWL, or Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim, see if that helps. I find with those two windlight settings I never need a facelight, even with a dark skin.

Edited by lavalois
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lavalois said:

Your picture shows shadows in the face which indicate strong directional light.

Are you wearing a facelight or bodylight? If so try taking of that light, and setting windlight to CalWL, or Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim, see if that helps. I find with those two windlight settings I never need a facelight, even with a dark skin.

In the pic above I am wearing just a low facelight at 10%.  No body light.

It's just a very poorly done skin.  I just trusted the body would match because I've seen these Genesis appliers since I started in SL.  They are all over the place.

First pic below shows how Cream tone looks on body and face with NO facelight.  Pic two shows Cream on Face and Milk tone on body.  Milk is a better match to the cream tone on the face, but the neck is vivid orange.   I bought the cream tone for the face but the body applier lets you apply all colors.   Perhaps Cream tone could work on face; and Milk tone on body, but what about the neck?

The neck fix product included does nothing; it's just orangish too.  I have contacted the seller to help please.   

p.s.  Shape is not done yet...I was working on a shape for a poof skirt.   

p.s.s.  I used the Optimal Skin, No Shadow in Environment Editor for the two photos.  

And a thank you to Mercedes.  I will contact you inworld.  Though I think the creator needs to respond to my notecard.  

Snapshot_2570 (3).png

Snapshot_2571 (3).png

Edited by FairreLilette

All Genesis skins have a brighter face - as though a facelight is in use and focus on the face. There are other skin creators who do this and I hate it (speaking for myself) - I also *hate* skins that add under cheekbone shadow or blush, and I always try to find the *lightest* under-breast shadow as I can find.

Okay, sorry for the rant, in a nutshell: All Genesis skins do this (and it is way overdone): Brighten the face over the rest of the skin.

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

All Genesis skins have a brighter face - as though a facelight is in use and focus on the face. There are other skin creators who do this and I hate it (speaking for myself) - I also *hate* skins that add under cheekbone shadow or blush, and I always try to find the *lightest* under-breast shadow as I can find.

Okay, sorry for the rant, in a nutshell: All Genesis skins do this (and it is way overdone): Brighten the face over the rest of the skin.

I agree.  It is overdone.  

I think the company should redo all their skins with an even paint job because they are cute but they need re-shading because there are three skin tones going on here:  one for the face, one for the neck and one for the body.  The neck fix does nothing to fix anything with the dark neck.

I thought I did my homework.  However, I looked for reviews on Genesis Lab and could not find anything on the internet.

Important question though:  Are there any other skins that fit on the Genesis Lab head?  I looked briefly at a place inworld that said fit Genesis Lab but when I looked at the demos there were no appliers for Genesis Lab included in the ones I looked at.  Although, I have not looked at all their skins in this one store yet as there are a lot of skins in just one store to say the least. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction to start looking for skins that will apply to the Genesis Lab heads?

Also, if I find another skin...how do I buy the skin for the body?  

Edited by FairreLilette

41 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I agree.  It is overdone.  

I think the company should redo all their skins with an even paint job because they are cute but they need re-shading because there are three skin tones going on here:  one for the face, one for the neck and one for the body.  The neck fix does nothing to fix anything with the dark neck.

I thought I did my homework.  However, I looked for reviews on Genesis Lab and could not find anything on the internet.

Important question though:  Are there any other skins that fit on the Genesis Lab head?  I looked briefly at a place inworld that said fit Genesis Lab but when I looked at the demos there were no appliers for Genesis Lab included in the ones I looked at.  Although, I have not looked at all their skins in this one store yet as there are a lot of skins in just one store to say the least. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction to start looking for skins that will apply to the Genesis Lab heads?

Also, if I find another skin...how do I buy the skin for the body?  

I've always bashed on Genesis heads because, even though they are beautiful faces, the quality of the product has always been amazingly inconsistent, different quality HUDs for different heads, almost non-functional in terms of skins and appliers.

Then they release (I think 7) Bento heads, this is where their quality improved and I finally bought one. The thing is their stuff is really non-standard: a skin must be made specifically for their heads (they do NOT use the standard SL UV mapping) - so there are very few skins for them. Also, their skin (I suspect and presume) also have some kind of depth-mapping built into them, because when you apply a face (from the chosen skin) to the Mesh head of your choice, it is literally changing the shape of the mesh.

I have the Lena (I think) head with the Fei face and since I have the Milk shade the highlighted face isn't *that* bad, but it is still noticeable, even on that pale shade of skin. But I really DO love that face, though I'm rocking a Genus Project head now (Genesis is now basically defunct, the main creator has started Genus Project now - *to* *my* *understanding* though I could be wrong on that.

19 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I've always bashed on Genesis heads because, even though they are beautiful faces, the quality of the product has always been amazingly inconsistent, different quality HUDs for different heads, almost non-functional in terms of skins and appliers.

Then they release (I think 7) Bento heads, this is where their quality improved and I finally bought one. The thing is their stuff is really non-standard: a skin must be made specifically for their heads (they do NOT use the standard SL UV mapping) - so there are very few skins for them. Also, their skin (I suspect and presume) also have some kind of depth-mapping built into them, because when you apply a face (from the chosen skin) to the Mesh head of your choice, it is literally changing the shape of the mesh.

I have the Lena (I think) head with the Fei face and since I have the Milk shade the highlighted face isn't *that* bad, but it is still noticeable, even on that pale shade of skin. But I really DO love that face, though I'm rocking a Genus Project head now (Genesis is now basically defunct, the main creator has started Genus Project now - *to* *my* *understanding* though I could be wrong on that.

I went to Genus to check it out and clicked for a demo.  I was sent a request to animate my avatar instead of receiving a demo.  So, I left.  I left because 1) I didn't understand what the creator wanted to animate my avatar for and,  2)  I didn't see any skins.

So, I realized, I'm too much of a noob for this particular Genus product.  

I still think the creator should not give up on the GENESIS LAB skins.  I thought a lot were very pretty!   They just need re-shading to a more subtle and even skin appearance.   And, re-shading so the avatar does not look like the skin has a bad fake tan look.   Because I'd never wear a bikini in this skin with the bad fake tan look, among other problems.

I don't have a lot of money to spend.  So, next time I find something I may like, I am going to ask on the forum for opinions on the product before purchasing any head/skin.  

Edited by FairreLilette

I bought a couple of genesis lab heads..

I never bought a head before that their own makeup did not fit..

The biggest problem I had with them is finding makeup

Genesis lab had a split..Some went on to make genus..They are not the same as genesis lab anymore..

It's two different companies..

• 1 month later...

Fairre,  Genus project and Genesis are NOT the same company and the heads/skins are not interchangeable. It is not a rebranding, the creators left one company and started their own. Genus heads have had so many major issues with the animations, the layers (lack of) the hud, the rigging... that the creator tries to steer people away from the inworld group and even bans from the group people who point out the issues. It's been over 2 months since the creator says she has a total fix, no sign of an update and defective heads continue to be sold. But that is GENUS PROJECT, not Genesis labs. 

On 1/30/2019 at 2:09 PM, Elayn said:

Fairre,  Genus project and Genesis are NOT the same company and the heads/skins are not interchangeable. It is not a rebranding, the creators left one company and started their own. Genus heads have had so many major issues with the animations, the layers (lack of) the hud, the rigging... that the creator tries to steer people away from the inworld group and even bans from the group people who point out the issues. It's been over 2 months since the creator says she has a total fix, no sign of an update and defective heads continue to be sold. But that is GENUS PROJECT, not Genesis labs. 

If you are still looking for an update and it wasn't sent  to you yet..They had one two days ago..You can pick one up with a re-delivery or wait for them to send it..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.