Daniel Voyager

Sansar is now officially on Steam

8 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

And while we discuss about concurrent Sansar steam users (these days between 0! and 25), we dont even get an official answer, if there will be a mobile client for Sansar and SL anytime soon. Hard to get what LL is up to at all.

Lumyia is a mobile client for SL. Sansar unlikely to ever have one, unless it's just for chat, which I think they said they actually have something internal on that.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, Gindipple said:

Lumyia is a mobile client for SL. Sansar unlikely to ever have one, unless it's just for chat, which I think they said they actually have something internal on that.

Most of us know about Lumiya already since years. It was an officially LL supported viewer. It still works and i use it a lot, but LL says "naaaaah"
About the reasons we just can speculate:
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/418930-linden-labs-will-you-ever-create-a-mobile-phone-app-for-secondlife/

So my post was about a mobile viewer created by LindenLabs and not third party viewers. Seems LL is still insecure about if smartphones will be a thing in the near future. ^^

2 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Seems LL is still insecure about if smartphones will be a thing in the near future. ^^

With their speed of adaption they might as well be replaced by the next fad until they are done...

This kitty still uses a dumb phone which can stay sustained on one battery charge for 3 month if switched off or 1 week if switched on... 

Edited by Fionalein

22 hours ago, Fionalein said:

With their speed of adaption they might as well be replaced by the next fad until they are done...

This kitty still uses a dumb phone which can stay sustained on one battery charge for 3 month if switched off or 1 week if switched on... 

You still got some time until you have to adapt. "Neuland" is obviously not just Merkels impression about the internet, its also something new for LL, it seems.

Had an email this morning asking "willing to do a one hour phone survey so we know what people want?"

Despite the US$50 reward I will skip, they don't want to hear suggestiuons like fixing the mega-severe arm lag, adding in blink-turn to stop vomiting, and fixing lack of slider customisation.

Something smells fishy, I know they know what people want. And they have a mountain of that info on their forums and in their discord all for free.

2 hours ago, Gindipple said:

Something smells fishy, I know they know what people want. And they have a mountain of that info on their forums and in their discord all for free.

It's being administered by https://twofivesix.co/

The Sansar logo is about half way down the page

a4ac58e9a53679f16a2af9c7419c8dd9.thumb.png.9aa643b71de96e1a0210c918d591b5ba.png

And I can see the use of it. All the Lab know from the discord is what the commited-to-the-platform want. They have no idea what people with no exposure who tried it under steam want.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

And I can see the use of it. All the Lab know from the discord is what the commited-to-the-platform want. They have no idea what people with no exposure who tried it under steam want.

Nah, they had plenty of reviews from steam users that confirmed a lot of existing comments, many of which came from the undecided-on-the-platform. They ask and ask for feedback then have no bandwidth to actually implement it. But hey if it's their money if they want to spend it to get more of the same results. :)

55 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I agree with Gindipple  --- along with that, even knowing what the DISCORD folks want doesn't seem to matter at all. They have their lists and move things around often it seems priority wise. Lately it has been all about "looking good for the STEAM folks" -- which did give all of us some pretty perks. But things are moving slower than usual there (or they aren't unveiling anything -- that's a possibility also). 

Lately DISCORD has been VERY BORING (sigh).  I haven't been able to get inworld since the last update so that isn't helping either LOL.  Maybe it will eventually happen. Maybe it wont. I have done all the reporting that I can so that the devs can fix.  

Honestly, things seem to be stalled both here and in Sansar. This has me fairly worried and I don't worry easily. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I haven't been able to get inworld since the last update so that isn't helping either LOL. 

Did you file a ticket? Are you working with someone at LL to get back in? 

Just a week or so ago I too couldn't get in. I kept crashing to desktop when entering the lookbook or trying to load an experience. I worked with Lacie and she got me fixed. Turned out that my Malwarebytes was causing issues with corrupting the cache. So I had to uninstall and delete files manually then reinstall and make sure Malwarebytes was disabled during the process. I can now get into Sansar but I must disable Malwarebytes to do so. This may not be your issue but figured I'd share just in case.

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just a week or so ago I too couldn't get in. I kept crashing to desktop when entering the lookbook or trying to load an experience. I worked with Lacie and she got me fixed. Turned out that my Malwarebytes was causing issues with corrupting the cache. So I had to uninstall and delete files manually then reinstall and make sure Malwarebytes was disabled during the process. I can now get into Sansar but I must disable Malwarebytes to do so. This may not be your issue but figured I'd share just in case.

Yes, I put in a ticket last Friday morning and Lacie has it.

I remembered that you couldn't get in recently and knew that was solved. I don't have Malwarebites installed currently and never had the "check pages automatically" version so doubt that is the problem for me. It COULD be that Avast did something that is causing the problem, but  I haven't installed or changed any software in a couple of months. So the timing seems suspect.  

I just checked my Windows updates and there were some security patches that may be causing the problem.  Way beyond my pay level there though. I will send in that info in case it helps. 

Thanks for giving me the idea to look at that --- just in case. 

image.png.dc303a1b073db238d4d4a1383688a34e.png

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 6:24 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I did get back in by Thursday and went to the beginning of the meeting but a gal was next to me with music in an attachment (?) Couldn't move as crowded; couldn't figure out how to block her; couldn't hear so eventually left. Going to read Inara's notes on the meeting now.

Meantime I visited  a couple of new places and then today there was a power surge and my surge suppresser didn't do its job and my SSD is dead (or at least not responding to the computer).  So have a new SSD and a friend to "fix" maybe. We'll see how complex that is. Almost time for a new computer anyway as this current one was a lemon by a BAAAAAD company (previously a good company but things change).  

So NO Sansar for me and limited SL for awhile as I am on a six year old computer with who knows how much RAM. I am grateful for it anyway and my notebook (even less powerful but newer).     So kind of on the sidelines everywhere until things get fixed.  I AM appreciating Win10 as I look at my old Win7 interface.  LOL. 

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I did get back in by Thursday and went to the beginning of the meeting but a gal was next to me with music in an attachment (?) Couldn't move as crowded; couldn't figure out how to block her; couldn't hear so eventually left. Going to read Inara's notes on the meeting now.

Meantime I visited  a couple of new places and then today there was a power surge and my surge suppresser didn't do its job and my SSD is dead (or at least not responding to the computer).  So have a new SSD and a friend to "fix" maybe. We'll see how complex that is. Almost time for a new computer anyway as this current one was a lemon by a BAAAAAD company (previously a good company but things change).  

So NO Sansar for me and limited SL for awhile as I am on a six year old computer with who knows how much RAM. I am grateful for it anyway and my notebook (even less powerful but newer).     So kind of on the sidelines everywhere until things get fixed.  I AM appreciating Win10 as I look at my old Win7 interface.  LOL. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I can imagine the frustration. Hope your friend can get it back up and running.

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I can imagine the frustration. Hope your friend can get it back up and running.

Actually not too bad here :D.  I bought the notebook for these type of occasions and glad that I did.  Vacations are good things too!  Thanks.

• Like 1