Looking to turn your sl world into an MMORPG?

Alice Crisp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went to the website and read over the FAQs.

15 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If this is anything even remotely like Bloodlines... Katy, bar the door. There's gonna be hell to pay.

11 hours ago, BrittanyNicoleSteuart said:

it's nothing like bloodlines.  Bloodlines is a downgrade and there isn't any skilling or 3D hud realistic personalites

Q: How much blood do I lose nightly?

A: You will lose 125.5 blood/brightness at Midnight SLT.

Q: My HUD says “banished/faded” how can I get rid of it?

A: If your HUD shows that you are Faded/Banished it means that you are “dead” within the system. You can become faded/banished from either lack of brightness/blood or getting killed. You can get revived by an alive member of your same species. You can ask your Mentor or anyone in your respective species group.

Q: Can I feed on a fully blessed/tainted mortal?

A: If you are an Angel you cannot feed on a Fully Blessed Mortal. If you are a Demon you cannot feed on a Fully Tainted Mortal.

Q: Can I be attacked anywhere in Second Life?

A: Yes, so long as it is not a safe zone or the A&D Sim

Q: Can one go invulnerable only once a day?

A: you can go as many times as you want as long as you have the ERG’s/Essences to turn it on

http://eternalconflict-blog.com/faq/

Oh... and in order to be "safe:" on your own land, you'd have to ban all the players:

Q: Will Second Life Safe Hubs keep me safe?

A: No, only safezones and the A&D Sim will keep you safe from attacks within the system.

Count me out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's the "can be attacked anywhere in Second Life except for a safe zone or the A&D Sim" which upsets some region owners.  Battles that include a group of avatars and scripted objects should really take place on land belonging to people playing the game, not unsuspecting club owners, etc.  The fact that region or parcel owners leave the option turned on for others to run scripts should not be taken advantage of. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Can anyone make a script to detect if anyone is wearing this rubbish and either ban them or notifiy the land owner?

Might be something worth making it and marketing it. "spampire be gone!"

You cannot detect what users wear in a HUD. Vampire detection rings worked because the vampires of old had to wear "fangs". I successfully altered a free vampire detection ring that was based on some old RLV community scipts to scan for more than bloodlines (mine also scans for Hunger and Progeny - but I have no proof scanning for hunger spampires works - I successfully identified Progeny ones though).

My problems with this game are:

• It offers no opt in (Bloodlines does with the bite invite, I can refuse it).
  • It offers no opt out (Bloodlines had the garlic necklace).
  • My login name is stored on an external server without my consent.
  • Residents get objectified.

I wonder if the following FAQ passage is enough to AR the A&D system:

No, only safezones and the A&D Sim will keep you safe from attacks within the system.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Smell just like a BL clone to me but without the opt-in/out options. Which I would think would make it against ToS since there is no way to prevent your username from being used by their servers without consent.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:23 AM, mikka Luik said:

From linked site " 3. Do not reveal to a mortal that you or anyone else is/was tainting or blessing them " because you will be banned so fast your little hooves (or whatever angels have - might have to find out) will not touch the floor. Same applies to anyone calling me a mortal anyway.

Sounds like they are even skirting ToS even more by how now they do not want anyone to be told or let know what was being done. So that person won't/can't inform the land manager of the sim to have them banned and prevent them from ever coming back to a popular sim to do it again and again without peoples consent.

call me paranoid but it sounds more like some sort of username gathering/harvesting system, which then could be used for several different types of nefarious or malicious activities. Including the often popular around this time of the year gift card scams. the creator of the system can harvest hundreds of users names to then send the 'steal your linden' or 'take control over your avatar' objects hoping for people to click ok on the warning or popup that might come from it.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2018 at 6:12 AM, Fionalein said:

It offers no opt out (Bloodlines had the garlic necklace).

The necklace only came about because so many residents raised hell about there not being any way to opt out or be removed from the Bloodlines website. The creator of Bloodlines did his damnedest to not "fix" the problem until the excrement hit the fan. As I recall, it was someone else who created the necklace, not Bloodlines.

It isn't just the sexxors that gives SL a bad rep. It's stuff like this.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3

If I wanted to include a MMO element to my SL, I'd grab one of those lifestyle/crafting games in which people can join in when THEY want, even if most of these are Linden sinks. I've played Xeolife for a bit, and I'd buy that Needs HUD for my less human forms as soon as I find out whether or not I can turn off the bladder (or maybe not, it's 950l).

As for these vampgames, I'd think that there enough of a Bloodlines community that they no longer need to recruit newbies (still gonna be a Linden drain though), the Hunger may or may not be dying, and Progeny and Angels & Demons are free but invite only, and only the latter has a public destination. Makes you wonder.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:36 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

All just have to move on to their A&D sim to prevent being attacked. Does anyone have an url?

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.