Replying to IMs through local chat - is this bad form?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:18 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

Okay, you could say I'm just a little frustrated. Almost every time I go as a female avatar to a public place such as London City, Ahern, or a club, I get hit with a random IM from some stranger I don't know, just to open with a "hi". I know it seems harmless but it's still frustrating for some reason. Anyway, I've decided to begin replying to these random IMs through local. Do you think this would be a good idea or not?

No, don't see anything wrong doing that at all. If anyone asks about it just simply tell them what you are doing. Though I use firestorms non-friends auto response to tell them I am not in the mood to speak to non-friends at the moment or to ask me in local, then I just never reply back to them after that and close the im.

If they get upset about it or cause drama just mute them at that point. Some people here... both male and female can be rude when told 'no, don't want to talk to you'. But most seem to take it in stride and leave you alone at that point.

I ONLY answer such IMs in local... if at all...usually if I bother to react at all it leads to an AR because of harassment after few more words from them. I´m sorry but I´m SO not sorry for them if they fail to read my profile or think themselves above them...eff them xD

such IMs leading to a friendship is like winning the lottery - or having no standards (even if I was very SLexual active - there are enough places to find quick partners).

Don´t get me started on London City... the sims are beautiful and the RL City is my fave in this world, but the people there....99% are...erm... NEXT... Clubs.... well ....I know few where it´s better...I´m only really convinced with two, one being the oldest rock club, the other a small german club...

IF I go to such places as a club - spech if I don´t know one I make sure to not be showing much skin, being casually dressed and if there are random IMs that´s the last time they´ll see me... NOPE!!!!!  And well... tbh... I tried for years but if you go to places like London or starter areas...tbh you´re kinda asking for it....I learned that after.... well 9 years with a lot of long breaks... so just don´t go there and find new places (and have a nice home you don´t need to run from...there´s groupchats, too)

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.