Ethan Paslong

Gacha category? or still just dump everywhere...

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

We all have a voice in the conversation.

the voice was closed at 12/7/2018 at 6:25 PM that post killed any other possible thought or opinion, everything after that is irrelevant and wasted time.

1 minute ago, Ethan Paslong said:

as DL responded, you have no opinion, you have the rules, guidelines and marketplace regulations, other things don't matter

Which is why I quoted her response on the matter. But you all keep trying to get LL to change the guidelines. I am just voicing my opinion in regards to the situation the same as you all are voicing yours. I support the guidelines as they are now. I'd rather there not be a gacha category at all but it's there so I will support it. I just don't want them to be swayed to tighten the grip any further.

My last comment in this thread. I do believe Lindens read these forums. I believe they make improvements based on our suggestions. It has been my intent to lift a voice in favor of protecting gacha merchants and those wishing to buy gacha items. I've probably reached that goal sometime ago so I shall decease in the effort. 

51 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

in favor of protecting gacha merchants and those wishing to buy gacha items

and that is simply not the discussion, nobody needs to be protected, it's ONLY to make the mess on MP less and more oversight where to look instead of a load of useless crap before you finally can find what you'r looking for.

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

My last comment in this thread. I do believe Lindens read these forums. I believe they make improvements based on our suggestions

They do,...

They read our wish for a gacha subsection.

They created the gacha subsection.

And then they did a Linden thing... :D

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

The solution is simple, yes ... but it isn't anything at all to do with adding in check boxes.

1. Move all Gacha/Gatcha items into the Gatchas category - yes, all of them.
    1. Give said category several basic sub-categories.
    2. Remove any/all found outside said category - no matter when they were listed, no exceptions.
  2. Code in the ability to exclude entire categories and sub-categories from Search Results/General Display.

Simple? Yep, for end users anyway. Likely not for the coders. Time consuming? Certainly parts of it would be, yes.

It's certainly a bit more worthwhile than trying to add in new sub-categories for varied Fantasy Races, especially since it would appear that said endeavor is a bit ... skewed.

The code for a required checkbox option, and allowing said option as a search choice(like perms) as well, already exists. It is in place and being used(has been since MP's inception), doesn't need to be written, will barely need testing (because it's already functional), and covers more bases than any other option. Then LL can't complain about needing to hire/pay more people to do work on this addition(the work's done), merchants and shoppers alike can list/shop(or not, through exclusion) for gachas to their hearts' content. 

I do agree that IF LL is going to keep this stupid gacha category (I don't know why they would, I've yet to see a singular reasonable reason for it, lol), they need to make it as mandatory as every other category is. If they can add a parent category, they can add child ones under it (for gachas I mean) rather than a universal all encompassing main gacha category. 

Making this gacha category 100% optional is just so dang stupid, from every single angle. It's actually a bit amusing to me, though it probably shouldn't be (and my apologies if my amusement at this weird new shiny-that's-not-really-shiny offends anyone, it truly does have me chuckling though). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tari Landar said:

(I don't know why they would, I've yet to see a singular reasonable reason for it, lol)

They are Lindens. Lindens sometimes do real weird things.

But they are honest-to-goodness humans working in an incredibly complex environment, and like every single one of us they are just as entitled to get it wrong too.

Plus, as Patch grumpily reminded us - "we don't know the full story"