Gacha category? or still just dump everywhere...

Ethan Paslong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

there are lots, a majority, of gacha items still put in all possible categories on MP, is it the meaning all get flagged or is it free to skip the specially made section?

It's just kinda annoying to see all the new current pulls also pop up  everywhere.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

there are lots, a majority, of gacha items still put in all possible categories on MP, is it the meaning all get flagged or is it free to skip the specially made section?

It's just kinda annoying to see all the new current pulls also pop up  everywhere.

Flag them.  It's possible none of the gacha rush to resellers have even paid attention to the new category

• Moderators

Greetings!

If a Gacha item is in an appropriate category, then we will not be taking any action against the Product Listing.

As an example, if a Gacha item is a Mask, and it is in the Masks category, please do not report the item as we will not be forcing the seller to move the item.

If, however, the item is in the main Avatar Accessories category (ie, NOT in the correct sub-category), then please report the listing and we will action the listing.

This applies to any other type of Gacha items as well. So clothing, jewelry, etc.  Those items must be in the correct sub-categories. So a t-shirt in say, the Mix and Match Ensemble category is already in the wrong category, and if it is flagged, it will be actioned. 

The change now though is instead of advising the seller that the item should be in the T-Shirt category, we are letting them know it should be in the new Gacha category. 

Please do not report items that are in an appropriate category. 

• Thanks 7
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

If a Gacha item is in an appropriate category, then we will not be taking any action against the Product Listing.

As an example, if a Gacha item is a Mask, and it is in the Masks category, please do not report the item as we will not be forcing the seller to move the item.

If, however, the item is in the main Avatar Accessories category (ie, NOT in the correct sub-category), then please report the listing and we will action the listing.

This applies to any other type of Gacha items as well. So clothing, jewelry, etc.  Those items must be in the correct sub-categories. So a t-shirt in say, the Mix and Match Ensemble category is already in the wrong category, and if it is flagged, it will be actioned. 

The change now though is instead of advising the seller that the item should be in the T-Shirt category, we are letting them know it should be in the new Gacha category. 

Thank you for this clarification. I did flag a few gacha items because i didn't know they could still be outside of the gacha category. Glad i know better now.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Thank you for this clarification. I did flag a few gacha items because i didn't know they could still be outside of the gacha category. Glad i know better now.

Hi!

Please feel free to flag Gacha items that are in the wrong categories though (Everything Else, for example). Every little bit helps!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Then this "fantastic" new gatcha section is just lipstick on a pig?

How about please giving us a way to exclude gatchas from our searches. Simplest way seems to be allow the "Limited Quantity" flag to be used.

Please? Pretty Please?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

How about please giving us a way to exclude gatchas from our searches. Simplest way seems to be allow the "Limited Quantity" flag to be used.

I'm not understanding why you want to eliminate gacha items if they fit the criteria of your search. If you're looking for hair and you see hair from gachas does that mean you don't want to see it just because it's a gacha? 

I love gacha stuff but I almost always buy them on the MP because I'm too stubborn to spend my money on a chance. Please don't make it harder for me to find the cute little gacha items I love.

It seems that LL is doing a pretty good job of finding a middle ground for both those who favor gachas and those who do not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Please don't make it harder for me to find the cute little gacha items I love.

If it's a tick box then it won't make it harder for you. Don't tick it and you see thing's exactly as they are now.

ccb7df8ebe84cf9ef96623924c29c638.png.892e50727d78067d12285577924e172d.png

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm not understanding why you want to eliminate gacha items if they fit the criteria of your search

Because you normally get 50 pages of them, plus they are normally copy only.

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I love gacha stuff

And I respect that you do. The option I propose doesn't impact you at all, and allows people who don't want to trawl through pages of gatcha spam the option to do it.

Options are good!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

if a Gacha item is in an appropriate category, then we will not be taking any action against the Product Listing.

so MP is  mess and won't change... really great feature added with that category. How is that helping the users?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This month there are apparently 2 huge gacha events on.  Within an hour or so of them opening, the marketplace was filling up with the resellers listings.   Callum's idea would help both parties;  those looking for gacha's and those not wanting to see them.  

• Like 4

What are the correct permissions to display?

A voucher gacha has no copy/no mod/trans for the voucher - which when used will deliver you a copy/mod/no trans item upon use... so what shall I set? I want an alternative "it's complicated" checkbox ;)

48 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

What are the correct permissions to display?

A voucher gacha has no copy/no mod/trans for the voucher - which when used will deliver you a copy/mod/no trans item upon use... so what shall I set? I want an alternative "it's complicated" checkbox ;)

There is one - "See Description"

If permissions are mixed or if they are complicated as you are indicating, that's the permission designation that would be check-marked when setting up the listing instead of copy/mod/transfer.

Then the permissions are explained in the listing itself.

ETA:

This is what would appear on the listing itself:

Permissions:
Copy Modify Transfer
See product details for permissions info

Edited by Arwen Serpente
  • Thanks 1

The new gacha category is great but it kinda seems pointless if gacha's will still be allowed to clutter up all areas of the marketplace. I see there's still a lot of new gacha's being listed everywhere but the gacha category and sorting by "what's new" in a category can bring up, up to 100% gacha on a 96 listing page

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I see there's still a lot of new gacha's being listed everywhere but the gacha category and sorting by "what's new" in a category can bring up, up to 100% gacha on a 96 listing page

.. starts to look like the typical new feature adding from LL, break it before it's set up properly.  Thats second this week.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Greetings!

Limited Quantity means No Copy. 

Every product listing on the Marketplace that is No Copy will show as Limited Quantity. 

If you do not wish to see No Copy items, then on the filter options, then after you have clicked on the Search button, put a check in Copy and you no longer see any No Copy/Limited Quantity items. 

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Limited Quantity means No Copy.

please explain where my thinking on this goes wrong :

If i want to sell a max of 15 template/premade mesh objects to 15 stores that want to retexture or rescript ... it is a limited quantity, but cán't even be no copy or it would be useless to sell it to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 12/5/2018 at 11:58 AM, Ethan Paslong said:

.. starts to look like the typical new feature adding from LL, break it before it's set up properly.  Thats second this week.

Greetings!

Sorting categories by Newest first will always show the newest items in those categories at the top, regardless of the item itself, and that feature has worked like that for at least 10 years, and is not broken.

The Marketplace Listing Guidelines have always said that the "most appropriate" category should be used when choosing the category for a product listing.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#category-guidelines

There are many items that can be placed into multiple categories and since multiple categories may be equally appropriate, Linden Lab has never punished sellers for picking one category over another and we have no intention of starting to either. 

As I stated in my previous post, if a Gacha item is a Mask, and the Product Listing is in the Avatar Accessories - Mask sub-category, it IS an appropriate category and we will not be punishing the seller, by unlisting their item and forcing them to move the listing, for placing their listing into the Mask category just because some people would prefer it to be in the Gacha category 

If you see items, including Gacha items, that are in a wrong, or top level, category, you CAN help by reporting those listings using the Flag this item link on the listings, but if the item is in an appropriate sub-category we will not be actioning those listings since they do NOT violate the Marketplace Listing Guidelines.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

please explain where my thinking on this goes wrong :

If i want to sell a max of 15 template/premade mesh objects to 15 stores that want to retexture or rescript ... it is a limited quantity, but cán't even be no copy or it would be useless to sell it to them.

Hi!

So you want to eliminate seeing any and all items that do not have Unlimited Quantities available, regardless of the permissions?

All No Copy items, including Gacha items are Limited Quantity items.  That is what Limited Quantity really means. 

Some template creators/sellers may set a restriction on how many items can be purchased by putting in the number available, which makes them Limited Quantity, even if they are Copy Enabled. items and even when the seller really does have an Unlimited Quantity available, they just choose to allow a restricted number of sales of the item through the Marketplace.

So with asking for a Limited Quantity filter that would already do what you want it to do (hide Gacha items), that can be done by checking the Copy option after a search is done, you are willing to punish sellers by hiding their Full Perm, but restricted sales, items?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

"most appropriate"

our opinions won't match in this matter, most approriate for gacha is for me Gacha.

But will rest my comment in this before i'm taken too blunt again.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ethan Paslong said:

our opinions won't match in this matter, most approriate for cacha is for me Cacha.

But will rest my comment in this before i'm taken too blunt again.

Hi!

Gacha and Mask are not mutually exclusive. An item can be, and many are, both Gacha items and Mask items. Therefore there isn't one, single "most appropriate" category, both Gachas and Masks are equally appropriate.

If a seller chooses Masks instead of Gacha, they are not wrong. The item they are selling IS a Mask and therefore the Masks category is not wrong. 

Your personal opinion, my personal opinion, the personal opinion of anyone else does not matter. 

What matters and what counts and what applies and what we use in determining whether or not a Product Listing is in a wrong category/sub-category is what is listed in the Legal Documents that we ALL agree to abide by in the Terms of Service, Terms of Use, and related policies, including the Marketplace Listing Guidelines. 

We will not, based on "personal opinion" punish sellers by unlisting their items (removing them from sale) when their items do not violate the Marketplace Listing Guidelines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You could always use the search term operators to try and remove as many of the Gacha listings as possible. It won't remove everything but it does remove a substantial amount.

Usage : black mesh hair NOT gacha

NOT excludes results that contain the word that comes after it. So "hair NOT long" would at least try and remove all listing from your search that contain the word long somewhere in it.

Its not a perfect solution but its a pretty good one

Edited by chibiusa Ling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.