In Viewer 2 profile/ actions/Permissions is the x in the check box to allow or to deny.

Gallen Bellic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In viewer 2 Profile/actions/permissions, does the x in the check box signify allow or deny, (usually it's a tick in a box.

My partner thinks she has given me permission to Edit, Take or Delete items. I find that after she has rezzed an item I can edit, position and rotate but not stretch, and I cannot takean item.

2 answers to this question

The x means to allow.

However, just because you have those permissions doesn't mean you can take the item if it is set to no transfer or to stretch the item if it is set to no modify.   To verify you have full edit permissions, have her create a simple prim box with full perms and see if you can fully control it.

--Cinn

If you can move her prims then it is switched on.

There are several reasons why you may not be able to always do ALL things with someone else`s objects. If they are not created by by the other person and they are no mod or no transfer, then even the owner can`t mod or transfer them so you can`t either.  If someone is sitting on an object you can`t stretch it, even if its moddable and if the owner "locks" the item, then you won`t be able to even move it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.