whats next....?

kendall420

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

okay, so i have a maitreya body. a catwa bento head, and a free AO (not sure where or which AO i should buy if need be?)

what do i focus on next for making my avatar look the best she possibly can?

any suggestions, tips, tricks, whatever it may be are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Edited by kendall420

11 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

(please ignore the pink thing, lol...)

better cut your pics that way that it's not visible, adult outings are not allowed here and might lead to removal of the pics or total post

Edited by Ethan Paslong

Unfortunately, I think a really good AO, with mo-cap animations, is kind of a must.

I say unfortunately, because a high quality one can be pricey. I survived for years on a cheap one that I cobbled together from so-so animations: the difference that a better one made was huge.

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Unfortunately, I think a really good AO, with mo-cap animations, is kind of a must.

I say unfortunately, because a high quality one can be pricey. I survived for years on a cheap one that I cobbled together from so-so animations: the difference that a better one made was huge.

What is a good one?

1 minute ago, kendall420 said:

What is a good one?

I use a Vista AO, which is enabled for Bento hands and heads; it's very good, overall. You can try out the animations before buying for each at their main store.

Others might have better or cheaper suggestions, though!

49 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

what do i focus on next for making my avatar look the best she possibly can?

Hair is one place where you will want several options.  Good thing there are plenty of great places for hair no matter what your style.  Truth, Magika, Exile, Little Bones, No.Match, Emo-tions, and don't forget Catwa and LeLutka were making hair before mesh heads.

Then there are clothes.  So many options.  It all depends on what style you like.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I use a Vista AO, which is enabled for Bento hands and heads; it's very good, overall. You can try out the animations before buying for each at their main store.

Others might have better or cheaper suggestions, though!

I checked out Vista in game.... stores in game give me anxiety cause i'm never sure what i'm looking for. i feel so clueless.

1 minute ago, kendall420 said:

I checked out Vista in game.... stores in game give me anxiety cause i'm never sure what i'm looking for. i feel so clueless.

I totally understand that. And the Vista store is HUGE. Were I able to get in-world today, I'd even suggest that I meet you there, but sadly I can't.

If you can, though, I'd really suggest you try out the animations before buying. And there's no way of doing that, unfortunately, other than to jump on to the pose stands they have in front of each AO.

You definitely want to go inworld to try out the animations for AO's, especially if they are the more expensive ones.  I love the Vista dances, and have one of the Vista bento AO's, but I don't care for how it treats the shoulders for some of the stands.  I have several Tuty AO's also, and like the shoulder treatment better, but don't care for the arch of the back on some of the stands.  However, there is enough that I like on both to have made the purchases worthwhile, and I periodically change up which one I'm using depending on how I'm feeling. 

Edited by moirakathleen
miissing word
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kendall420 said:

What is a good one?

Vista have a free AO that's a couple of years old, but is still top notch. It's also not that widely used, I don't think I've ever recognised anyone else using it. It's probably better than any cheap AO, you'd need to splash the cash to get a noticeable upgrade.

• Like 2

Tuty has a free bento AO, you can spice it up with additional bento animations bought from Tuty, Oracul and Body Language for a really decent unique but cheap as hell bento AO (ZHAO based, so you should find lots of ZHAO notecard editing instructions on YT)

• Like 2

I use Tuty and Vista and just now I'm mixing and matching the AOs with various outfits. 

I also think time spent on the sliders is time well spent.

Style is something you have to work on but that's the joy of SL. Mixing Marketplace and in world stores!!

And if you want company at the Anim stores, try hitting me up and if I'm in world I'll try to drop by!

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Vista have a free AO that's a couple of years old, but is still top notch. It's also not that widely used, I don't think I've ever recognised anyone else using it. It's probably better than any cheap AO, you'd need to splash the cash to get a noticeable upgrade.

That's the free one that I have.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:59 PM, kendall420 said:

The what is next question, I think, is best answered by the words explore and experiment with everything.

Some designers assume people know what it is they are selling and think their promo picture tells all. I've been around over 10-years now and I still find things offered for sale that I have no clue what it is they are selling. I am left asking if they are selling a shape, skin, bloose, pose... and is that ...whatever it is... for classic, Slink, Maitreya... tall, short, skinny, or fat avatar...

Even fitted mesh has adjustment limits. If you are not approximately average size, some stuff is not going to fit. Tinys and giants have a challenge finding things that fit, clothes or animations. 

Demos are important for many reasons. Not the least of being elimination of anxiety. Try the demos. It may not be what you were looking for or expecting from the promo... but, it may be something you decide you want.

If you are figuring out how to get a "look", try the How does your avatar look today ?a thread for us exobitionists... well exobitionists in a nice way. People there will help and there are some new people, in the almost 500 page thread, asking questions.

Also, animations come in sizes. If an animation or AO maker isn't saying anything about sizes... Chances are they don't know how to handle animation sizes. It is somewhat common to see small, medium, and large animations. 

Avatar proportions are important to your look too. SL tends to push people into having T-Rex arms. Those that haven't studied drawing the human form often run into problems because the shape sliders aren't keyed to "good" shape. 

There is dancing... which if you want HAWT animations requires your own dance AO. The AO it self should be free. You buy the animation you want to load an AO. However, many are sold with a starter set of animations.

Tatoos are fun. Costumes are fun. Eyes Wide Shut masks are sexy. And if you are into adult play genitals are important.

There are various communities of roleplay. Many groups require appropriate attire and various accessories. People in those groups will help you learn the ropes... if you can keep them from using the rope to tie you up... which might get you into RLV control of the avatar and its appearance.

Outfits are all about quick-change of looks or dress. So, learning how to make Outfits is important, at least way handy.

Nails, makeup, hair, glasses, jewelry, shoes, lingerie...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.