Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DJCenkJR

SL LAG

Recommended Posts

Does anybody know that Linden Lab has new plans to upgrade servers to reduce LAG issue ? For example Do they have idea to upgrade server 2 times faster or 4 times?

This new mesh avatar system causes very high complexities of avatars. Lands also have many complex details in world.

500 GB SSD hardisk , 1000 Mbps internet, 6 GB (256 bit) graphic card, 32 MB RAM, i7 3.4 GHz processor with good coolers and still lag in crowded places. (My Location: Istanbul, Turkey)

My computer supervisor laughs at me when i say still have lag and he says me this setup is very good for many games and must have been 150 FPS at least. 150 omg ???? it's jus a dream for SL lol.

If Linden Lab doesn't work to solve the biggest issue of SL is LAG, I may leave SL soon.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the LAG sources you name have an easy solution: buy better hardware. High details cause client side lag the SL servers do just fine with those. It is most likely the places you hang out or you fellow SLers use badly designed content. Try going elsewhere to other clubs. One of the main reason for lag I identified so far was neither avatar nor item detail but an abbundance of textures. Derendering all the adboards and high resolution wall art images did the trick to me in most clubs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmmmm....  Turn off shadows first, then drop your draw distance to 64 or so.  also all and I mean all CONTENT you see is user created, UNOPTIMIZED content.   SL is not like other games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Well the LAG sources you name have an easy solution: buy better hardware. High details cause client side lag the SL servers do just fine with those. It is most likely the places you hang out or you fellow SLers use badly designed content. Try going elsewhere to other clubs. One of the main reason for lag I identified so far was neither avatar nor item detail but an abbundance of textures. Derendering all the adboards and high resolution wall art images did the trick to me in most clubs.

Did you read their computer details? Looked ok to me. The fact they are in Istanbul, Turkey makes me think it could easily be internet issues with different LL services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

 Did you read their computer details? Looked ok to me. The fact they are in Istanbul, Turkey makes me think it could easily be internet issues with different LL services.

I have a worse system and I can run ultra in some places and not in others - he is talking about visiting clubs, so he will hit unoptomized content aplenty - you will have a hard time talking users out of their favourite wardrobes.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I have a worse system and I can run ultra in some places and not in others - he is talking about visiting clubs, so he will hit unoptomized content aplenty - you will have a hard time talking users out of their favourite wardrobes.

and we don't know his drawdistance... bandwith settings.... ping times..packet loss... and so on
he could have set all his sliders to the max ... doesn't help a lot either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The past couple days I have had slow frames per second rates, I start out at about 30 fps, then it drops like a stone to about 2.5 fps. My draw distance is 128m, bandwidth is 1300 kbps

I am on 15 MG high speed cable. I had no lag problems till yesterday. My computer is perfectly fine, has no issues and is capable of running SL fine. I am running Firestorm version 5.0.11.53634

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you remove all attachments (including HUDs) and go to a platform on an empty patch of sky, and don't cam-in on anything, does the FPS still drop? If not, try adding attachments one at a time until you find the culprit.

If the FPS does still drop... gee... maybe the graphics card needs its fans cleaned?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KarraSue said:

The past couple days I have had slow frames per second rates, I start out at about 30 fps, then it drops like a stone to about 2.5 fps. My draw distance is 128m, bandwidth is 1300 kbps

I am on 15 MG high speed cable. I had no lag problems till yesterday. My computer is perfectly fine, has no issues and is capable of running SL fine. I am running Firestorm version 5.0.11.53634

December's always a bit wonky in SL. Christmas shopping, socialising, and tons of people sim hopping for Advent gifts. It puts extra strain on the servers and seems to bring out problems in whatever's been changed in the background. Things tend to improve after the midweek rolling restarts then get slower and glitchier from the weekend through till the next set of rolls.

Just over a week to go so things should even out again soon enough. Until then, add in day of the week to troubleshooting :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 8:59 AM, DJCenkJR said:

Does anybody know that Linden Lab has new plans to upgrade servers to reduce LAG issue ? For example Do they have idea to upgrade server 2 times faster or 4 times?

This new mesh avatar system causes very high complexities of avatars. Lands also have many complex details in world.

500 GB SSD hardisk , 1000 Mbps internet, 6 GB (256 bit) graphic card, 32 MB RAM, i7 3.4 GHz processor with good coolers and still lag in crowded places. (My Location: Istanbul, Turkey)

My computer supervisor laughs at me when i say still have lag and he says me this setup is very good for many games and must have been 150 FPS at least. 150 omg ???? it's jus a dream for SL lol.

If Linden Lab doesn't work to solve the biggest issue of SL is LAG, I may leave SL soon.

threatening to leave if they don't make SL be how you want is not really going to make them get on the ball to make it be how you want. You have to be willing to try other things out like adjusting your settings to see if its a poorly optimized viewer. Often when the viewer starts up and detects the system it doesn't choose the right or best or perfect settings for all situations. which is why you do even have the option to create a list of saved settings preferences for different activities and places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 2:59 PM, DJCenkJR said:

Does anybody know that Linden Lab has new plans to upgrade servers to reduce LAG issue ?

Would make very little difference. The issues are not the servers. The issues are mostly the original code and nothing much can be done without breaking everything. Old bad LSL still in use does not help and niether does ever increasing internet traffic. Complex mesh many of us knew would cause major issues and it is. LL decided to go down the Sansar route. LL has investors and they want returns for their envestments. SL is just old and apart from tweaking or adding additional code here and there it is not going to change the fact that the original is past it and was full of flaws in the first place. SL is nothing like it used to be inworld and LL caused that. Their constant change to legal terms drove creaters, artists etc away. SL works as well as it is going to most of the time.

' 1000 Mbps internet ' ? A huge magnification  of the facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...