List of stores with Christmas boards / trees

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This one was really good last year.  This is one of those times I am glad for my Premium perk since getting in to eBento on the first day is often tough.  Typically, I avoid events on the first few days, but last year you couldn't get past days' gifts, so I imagine it will be the same this year.  Thus, if you want the gifts from the first few days, whatever they might be, you need to be able to get in to the event.

Don't know about this year, but last year there was at least one (I think maybe two) when all the gifts were available.   

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So, while eBento might have some days where you can get previous gifts, the default is apparently only getting current day.  When I went today, I tried to get yesterday's and got the message that it was only available on the 10th. 

Yes, same last year. They opened it up and announced in group later on. Yesterday's was better than today's. IMHO of course. Sorry.

39 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, same last year. They opened it up and announced in group later on. Yesterday's was better than today's. IMHO of course. Sorry.

I did actually get yesterday's gift yesterday.  I was just trying to see if it would let me get the 10th on the 11th.

The problem, IMO, with only sometimes opening up the previous gifts and announcing it in group is that many of us don't remain in the group.  Instead, like many events, I join the group for the duration of my time at the event.  And I seldom ever read the group notices during that group join time.  Thus, for me at least, it is safer to just ensure I go every day if I want to get the gifts.

For anyone with an altamura avatar, there are some nice gifts under the tree. They fit my alt perfectly  ( I think she has Valentina "pro") :D.  You can pick up the gifts any time. Group is down to 25 from 50.   And there will be a male and female head on the 24th and 25th (so the info says).  So far a very cute little plaid cap, a winter plaid scarf and a perfect fitting maroon mini dress. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

On a slightly off-topic note, I am not finding the advent calendars (in general) all that great this year. I have very little to blog really and my gals have stopped going to many of the places that they started. So far I think FaMeshed was best although not many gift -- just very nice ones. Redux has some very nice things this round (just opened) so a spot to check.  The Chapter Four had some nice gifts mixed in with "hmmmmmm" ones :D.  

Cosmopolitan starts tomorrow and is usually good. 

I CAN say that I have had very little attrition on my calendar visits (much less than in the past and what I would expect) so I am happy about that.   

There will of course be gift at the Hop and Shop and I will start a new thread on that but won't post until we open :D.   

This is not an Advent, but a couple of Christmas deals / gifts related to Groups:

Scandalize is currently free to join and members can go to the store and get a 300L gift card.  The gift card was just announced today, so the store is mobbed and I don't know how long it will be available, but I'm sure it will be a least a few days, likely at least through Christmas or a few days after. If you've never been to Scandalize, there is a huge wall full of past group gifts.  She is very generous with gifts and also usually has lots of store & sim hunts where you can get outfits for anywhere from L$1-20 each.  If you like her clothes, it is a great group to be a member of.   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SCANDALIZE/166/59/33

If you are a tattoo person, Carol G. Tattoo is currently doing free membership for 3 days and also has a bunch of group gifts available.   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jayden/178/87/3690

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The eBento event has set all days to enabled - so if you missed any days, you can go back and pick them up.  They've also added a Day 26 gift, sitting on the floor, so you can nab that one too.

and there I was thinking xmas stress finally was over :D

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

As of yesterday Cosmopolitan had all it's advent tree gifts still available needs free group join but if you use Firestorm open up area search and type in gift they'll all come up for you to right click> touch it'll save you having to cam round the tree trying to find everything 

if you already have firestorm... derender the Cosmo tree for speedup ;) i like some cotnrol over which gifts I already got... so following the advice of an old freebie harvester I first derendred the tree and blacklisted every gift that responded...

Edited by Fionalein

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

if you already have firestorm... derender the Cosmo tree for speedup ;) i like some cotnrol over which gifts I already got... so following the advice of an old freebie harvester I first derendred the tree and blacklisted every gift that responded...

I did the 'blacklist every item after getting it' with the Cosmo tree because new things show up daily or every few days and I didn't want to get duplicates or have to spend lots of time checking to see which items I already had.

I also used the 'blacklist' function for items that I got from those places that scatter the various days packages under a tree or in a room - so I limited how much I had to hunt through each following day. 

Then after the advent time is over, I simply pulled up the Blacklist and removed all the advent stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.